TomTom Artworks

Some Nexter T40 turret exploration.
40_ctc_turret_exploration_part1_by_beignetbison_dg7kvyf-fullview.jpg

Sorry for the long silence over the last few weeks, but I had heart surgery at the beginning of October. Even though I've been visiting the site frequently to read you, I've hardly been working on my alternate history projects.

J6M2N Ryūsei
j6m2n_343.jpg

I started working on this remake before my surgery to take my mind off things. In order to slowly get back to work, I finally finished it.
More here.
j6m2n_lineart.jpg

Here's to a speedy recovery TomTom!!

Re your conceptual drawing, that's some serious firepower.

Regards
Pioneer
Thank you. Thanks to my rehab program, I feel better and better every day and should be fully operational by January. I'm able to spend time and drawing, painting and writing again.

I wish you a full and prompt recovery, get well soom mate.

I wish you a fast and full recovery, get well Budda.
Thank very much you guy's.

Proof that I'm getting better and better:
Another "Designs alterna-fic-tifs" project is finally complete.
I had the blueprint and text in September before my heart surgery. This week I've been working on the illustration, which is my first full
illustration since my surgery.

F-41 Gray Ghost (NGAD)
f-41-gray-ghost.jpg

ngad23bueprint.jpg

Thank very much you guy's.

Proof that I'm getting better and better:
Another "Designs alterna-fic-tifs" project is finally complete.
I had the blueprint and text in September before my heart surgery. This week I've been working on the illustration, which is my first full
illustration since my surgery.

F-41 Gray Ghost (NGAD)
f-41-gray-ghost.jpg

ngad23bueprint.jpg
Ok guy you're definitely getting over the heart surgery....

I enjoy design and illustration a lot.
As said in my presentation message, I'm a writer and illustrator.
In this topic, I'm gonna share various type of design and illustrations:
-From the universe of my books (alternate history at the moment, but many more projects in the very long pipe)
-Design for fun
-Cyberpunk/futuristic design
-Random design for fun

I generally try to make realistic/plausible concept.
Not gonna spam everything today, but here comes a starter with some old illustrations:

Not so miraculous weapons from the volume 1 my alternate history novels "At the Edge of the Abyss / Au Bord de l'Abîme"

Ise class Battleship are converted to anti-aircraft battleship, but it didn't end well.

View attachment 682713

A little variation of the Me-262 used by Jagdverband 44.

View attachment 682714
I've made an annexe article on the alternate historic variant of the Me 262: Lumière sur le Me 262 A-1a/U5/R7
The article ironically explain that this "incredible" aircraft is just a sub-version mixing element from two variants plus a field kit.
It came with new images: a colour profile and a 3 view blueprint.
a-1a-u5-r7_colo.jpg

Me 262 A-1a/U5/R7 of the Jagdverband 44
a-1a-u5-r7_blueprint.jpg

Oldie but goodie, or more simply a refreshed oldie from 2021.
While rumour were spreading about the termination of the Attack Class program, there was no information about the future AUKUS-SSN yet. So I speculated a bit with my brushes. It was my first, and so far only, submarine design.
As only a file with merged layers was remaining in my HDD and the drawing was not clean enough (shitty shadows and lights mainly), I redraw it entirely this afternoon. Design was not modified or updated. I just cleaned the line art, colours, shadows and lights.
More details here.
Leviathan class SSN.jpg

Last edited:
Am hearing the version of Waltzing Matilda played in the film "On the Beach" which always seems to me the Aussie National Anthem.
Wishing you all strength for your artwork and a safe 2024.

A more recent one. Only two years old.
Airbus EC970 Serval fictional design of a spiritual successor for the SA.321 Super Frelon.
Mix of photobashing and digital painting.
thomas-diana-duo.jpg
I've made a major update on this project.
Base on my initial idea from 2020, I've drawn the blueprint to have the base for a more realistic design. Then I updated the concept art to fit the blueprint.
More detail here : Airbus EC970 Serval
serval_promo.jpg

erval_profile_color.jpg

blueprint_airbus-ec970_serval.jpg

Back to top shape here in the third week of January?

J6M2N brings to mind I've been rereading the book below, and in it, the similarly configured Yak-15 showed the world that jet exhaust and rubber tailwheel tires/tyres do not play well together. Steel tailwheels were created. And yes, they occasionally did produce sparks on paved runways.

IMG_6287rs.jpg

Yes, I'm feeling really good now and resumed my professional activities. Not yet drawing and writing as much as I use to, but the rhythm is coming back slowly.

For the steel tailwheels of the J6M2N, I don't remember where I get the idea, but it's probably inspired by the Yak-15.

Heart surgery - drats, that's no picnic. Take care of yourself.

And keep on the excellent work !

New update on my site. This time I've added a concept art for the Obusier de Campagne Motorisé / SPFH90

SPFH90 evacuated from a Japanese Ground Self-Defense Force workshop following the tsunami of March 11, 2011
thomas-diana-sfh90-illu2a.jpg
You could invent a whole back story about another nation offering to help clean-up after the taunamai when their primary goal was to clean-up a military prototype and spirit it back to their own lab in another country.

Not linked to any particular alternate history project of mine.
Just a fictional FAMAS replacement, the FANG (Fusil d’Assaut de Nouvelle Génération), a new-generation assault rifle with bullpup design.

Specifications
  • Type: Assault rifle
  • Ammunition: 5.56 × 45 mm NATO
  • Manufacturer: Nexter
  • Weight (loaded): 4.74 kg
  • Length: 780 mm
  • Barrel length: 488 mm
  • Architecture: Bullpup
  • Mode of action: Non-cocked breech weapon with additional mass, inertia-amplifying lever
  • Practical range: 300 m
  • Rate of fire: 1150 rounds/min (three-shot burst)
  • Muzzle velocity: 925 m/s
  • Capacity: 30 shots (STANAG magazine)
thumbnail_DA.jpg

Handsome design!

Comparing specs with FAMAS, FANG would be 2 lbs heavier and an inch longer (with the same barrel length and MV). In exchange, you gain slightly in rate-of-fire. Compared to the 'standard' HK416F, FANG would be 1.5 lbs heavier but you have that bullpup advantage of almost 4 extra inches of barrel length (which, in turn, gives you the same muzzle velocity as FAMAS).

I guess the question is: What would be FANG's main advantages over FAMAS (beyond being new, having extra attachment rails, etc?

Back
Top Bottom