The story of the pilot and the ww2 Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk ,found in the Egyptian desert in 2012.

klem

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
In 1942, a lone Curtiss P-40 Kittyhawk crashed in the Western Desert of Egypt. It was not found until March 2012 by a Polish oil exploration team. Jakub Perka, who was exploring a remote area of the Western Desert in Egypt, about 200 miles from the nearest town. Most of the front of the fuselage and wings were sandblasted.The intact American-made Curtiss Kittyhawk P-40, which had not been touched since its crash landing in 1942,
The airman, is believed to have initially survived the crash, as a parachute found at the scene appears to have been used as a makeshift shelter. But no trace of the body was found, leaving experts to believe that the pilot left the flight, then walked to his death in a desperate attempt to find civilization.
One military historian, noting that there would be no reason to find the plane in the middle of the desert, hailed the discovery as "an incredible time capsule, the aviation equivalent of the tomb of Tutankhamen."
The Canadian website Vintage Wings of Canada said the plane was in "incredible condition".For the rest of the story try with the link.

http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageN...d/357/Original-Kittyhawk-HS-B-Discovered.aspx

Attachments

• kh.jpg
    kh.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 17
  • A photo taken in 2011 shows Stocky Edwards at his Vancouver Island home.jpg
    A photo taken in 2011 shows Stocky Edwards at his Vancouver Island home.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
What is sad is the story of what happened to it after its discovery in 2012.
The suspense. I see that we like the stories of small dwarfs.I did not want to put all the links of the story to push the curiosity of the reader to go further alone and that it benefits from its research I limited myself to incite it. ok I have another story of plane to make known, to follow.Greetings

Back
Top Bottom