Screen Shot 2023-06-17 at 00.54.43.png

-Iron Bird
-IWB actuators
-FLCS
-Landing Gears

Pavelsis
View: https://twitter.com/pavelsisavionic/status/1669715471887745024?s=20

-Power Distribution System

TUSAS Engine Industries Inc. (TEI) and GE Aerospace have reached an agreement extending TEI’s license to conduct F110 Depot Level Maintenance services for several countries which operate F-16 & F-15 fighter aircraft. The collaboration will further strengthen ties between TEI and its long-term partner GE Aerospace in military engine services.

That is very bare inside. I wonder if the main system routing is elsewhere, but how do you access it unless through the main bay(s)

Enough with these sensitive pics dude. Aside from the people who shot this, there's this guy on Twitter that is responsible for spread of the pic and he did it just to get some likes and RT. This is not the first time he did this either, he previously shared the screen caps of the LAD as an example and he blocked anyone who tried to warn him of the consequences.

There should be retribution for people who take pics and share sensitive info.

I mean this thing hasn't even flown yet but we already know a lot more than we should.

For example the Chinese have only shown the side weapon bay sof the J-20 officially in 2019, i.e. a couple of years after it entered service. This is how it should be done if you're planning to operate this thing for the next 40-50 years as your frontline fighter.

Enough with these sensitive pics dude. Aside from the people who shot this, there's this guy on Twitter that is responsible for spread of the pic and he did it just to get some likes and RT. This is not the first time he did this either, he previously shared the screen caps of the LAD as an example and he blocked anyone who tried to warn him of the consequences.

I mean this thing hasn't even flown yet but we already know a lot more than we should.

For example the Chinese have only shown the side weapon bay sof the J-20 officially in 2019, i.e. a couple of years after it entered service. This is how it should be done if you're planning to operate this thing for the next 40-50 years as your frontline fighter.

Isn't this aircraft essentially just a technology demonstrator that will never be fitted with an operational radar or weapon system ? I would imagine that if that part of the aircraft was truly sensitive, there would be tight security measures in place to prevent any unauthorized pics being taken.

Isn't this aircraft essentially just a technology demonstrator that will never be fitted with an operational radar or weapon system ? I would imagine that if that part of the aircraft was truly sensitive, there would be tight security measures in place to prevent any unauthorized pics being taken.
It really was a sensitive area it seems. The footage was originally taken from a Turkish news channel, they were "vlogging". They had to quickly delete the footage. But it was already spreading on Twitter.

KAAN's head engineer: "Maybe you'll see, we have a 6 meter long titanium frame that is done being processed. On this aircraft (referring to GTU-0/P0) we didn't have the necessary equipment to process such parts, so we procured them now. This will bring huge advantages regarding the production of the second prototype. The titanium frame is currently being processed, the operation is continuing. We are also making the necessary modifications to the main assembly jigs accordingly. You should be able to see the second prototype in the flesh next year around this time."

View: https://youtu.be/O3swDNVUwGM

I bet the US Navy wanted something like this rather than the JSF, twin engined, larger airframe, large nose radar all in a VLO airframe.

I was wondering What is behind the poliferation of 5th gen aircraft over the past decade or so, CAD advancment, larger budgets ?

I bet the US Navy wanted something like this rather than the JSF, twin engined, larger airframe, large nose radar all in a VLO airframe.
Errr...no. The USN was part of the specification of the F-35 so in essence got what they asked for.
I was wondering What is behind the poliferation of 5th gen aircraft over the past decade or so, CAD advancment, larger budgets ?
Errr...because no-one wants to design 3rd or 4th sen aircraft...

There is quite a lot of information on what US Navy wanted back then, on this very forum...
I hear the USNavy preferred a twin engine fighter for redundancy and a larger size for longer legs especially given the size of the Pacific theater but everybody had to compromise to get a common platform.
IRC A two seat tai fx is closer to what they would have wanted with if no compromises were made. I think this is why NGAD and the Navy's F-XX will not be a Joint Program.

It used to be beyond even well funded Aircraft manufacturers like Dassault with their 4.5 gens until the mid 2000s I wonder if its new CAD that TAI Chengdu , SAC finaly have access to

Errr...no. The USN was part of the specification of the F-35 so in essence got what they asked for.
I mean in that sense you're right that they shaped the F-35 through their requirements but there's a reason why they're going for a larger airframe in F/A-XX as they've always gone in their previous fighter/attack aircraft before. Though the F-35 is exceptionally large for a single engined plane and has sufficient range for its size, it is still an exception in their decades old naval aviation doctrine because they had to make concessions due to budget cuts and programme cancellations.

Larger size and more power generation = more capacity

It is quite simple really, which aviator wouldn't want a large aircraft with quite a capacity for fuel and powerful avionics if they had a choice?

"The Malaysian Air Force Commander flew with the simulator of the KAAN fighter jet. He was very satisfied."

View: https://twitter.com/SavunmaSanayiST/status/1672900312804528128?s=20
After their purchase of FA-50s I doubt there will be any sale here regardless of how satisfied he was.
Malaysia is favoured and envisioned as an ideal market by TAI so the company -especially the CEO- tries real hard and pitches them pointless offers with unmatched work share all the time.

That is why the CEO still keeps giving statements that the LCA Tender is still continuing and saying that Malaysia is still interested.

Last edited:
I hear the USNavy preferred a twin engine fighter for redundancy and a larger size for longer legs especially given the size of the Pacific theater but everybody had to compromise to get a common platform.
Gotta remind you that JAST/JSF was started and got underway way before, and by way before, I mean "before this millenia" before, the Chinese-rise in terms of economic and military capability, and by that matter the Asia-Pacific region and Chinese A2/AD was a serious threat.
It used to be beyond even well funded Aircraft manufacturers like Dassault with their 4.5 gens until the mid 2000s I wonder if its new CAD that TAI Chengdu , SAC finaly have access to
Also gotta remind you that EFA was started a couple of decades ago, when there wasn't even something called "5th generation fighter" for that matter.

Now, enough with the "TF-X for USN" nonsense, time to get back to the TF-X topic. You could continue the discussion in "Discussions and Speculations" section if you so wish, which is there to serve that exact purpose.

People also need to shed the notion that the F-35 is a "small" aircraft. While the footprint (as in length and span) is indeed very compact, weight-wise it's a F-15-size airframe, with (in the non-STOVL variants) a more than apposite fuel capacity. If we're talking Navy, a comparison to the F-14 is instructive: the F-35C carries very nearly the same fuel load internally (!) as a Tomcat *with* a pair of drop tanks, at 3t lower weight. With that sort of fuel fraction I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty close in range/radius, even accounting for a cruise efficiency that might be somewhat worse*.

*Lower engine BPR, less favourable fixed wing planform, lots of wetted area? Though the Tomcat is hardly packaged very well and external stores have a certain drag penalty. Possibly also higher trim drag (stable vehicle)?

1688485107125.jpeg

1688485107298.jpeg

1688485108835.jpeg

Georgio Clementi: "A historic day at Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI). The first day of the first ever test pilot and flight test engineer course to be held in Türkiye. Twelve students from TAI, the Turkish Air Force, Directorate General Civil Aviation and ASELSAN commenced their journey to a career flight testing fixed wing civil and military aircraft, such as the Hurkus, Hurjet and TF-X National Fighter in the background. Turkish Flight Test Instructors Murat Ozpala and Emre Can Kaya joined the ITPS instructor team setting yet another first for this initiative. The course marks the launch of ITPS Türkiye, the satellite training organization of the International Test Pilots School (ITPS) under a partnership agreement with TAI. TAI is Türkiye's national aircraft manufacturer boasting a growing product line of advanced fixed and rotary wing aircraft. ITPS is the world's biggest independent school of flight testing, now operating two campuses, in Canada and Turkey."

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 20.57.34.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 20.58.06.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 21.03.14.png
-The aircraft is on jacks once more.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 21.25.55.png
-They've taken out the ejection seat.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 21.29.31.png
-The right main gear light seems to be illuminated.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 21.34.40.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 21.36.32.png
-Good representation of how massive the forward fuselage is, and how flat the radome area seems to be on the upper side.

Via a recent (I'm guessing) Savunma Hattı episode by TVNET

that douchebag is a moron, sry to say, reading some weird twitter stories or from where ever he gets his wetdreams....F110 produced in Türkiye?

good thing that i have him blocked!

that douchebag is a moron, sry to say, reading some weird twitter stories or from where ever he gets his wetdreams....F110 produced in Türkiye?

He just copied the statement from Temel Kotil

i don't think the US would ever give their ok for the production of the F110 engine....never ever...assemble perhaps...but that's it

He is but what he wrote was just a translation of an official quote. Anyway, I don't have much time these days hence I shared this instead of finding the exact quote and then translating it.

There are plenty of propoganda wet dreams out there and anyone can produce a clone of the F-22 for example. Thing is, considering that the planform is only a relatively small part of the equation, just how much real world ability will this thing have? Has it flown? Will it be able to fly with an equivalent capability to opposition? Can it's systems match the broojaha and rhetoric/propoganda?.......................................

There are plenty of propoganda wet dreams out there and anyone can produce a clone of the F-22 for example. Thing is, considering that the planform is only a relatively small part of the equation, just how much real world ability will this thing have? Has it flown? Will it be able to fly with an equivalent capability to opposition? Can it's systems match the broojaha and rhetoric/propoganda?.......................................
Please go all the way back to the first page of this thread and start reading from there.

And

1) No, it is not an F-22 clone. In fact none of the current 5th gens are clones of US aircraft as claimed by the Americans. They may aesthetically look similar to the untrained eye but they are totally different aircraft since physics are universal to everyone. When building something as complex as an aircraft, everyone comes to the same lessons and conclusions hence they all look similar.

2) The current aircraft that has been rolled out, P0, is a technology demonstrator. It was meant to be a ground test article but the officials have decided to fly it anyway so the target date for the ff is 27th of December. The real prototype that has been built for airborne tests, P1, is going to be rolled out around May 2024.

3) Turkey is a NATO member that produces NATO-grade equipment. It had been a significant member of the F-35 programme and has produced hundreds of F-16 aircraft. It has developed many indigenous avionics and other materials for local modernization programmes. In fact, the first indigenous aircraft-based AESA FCR, MURAD, has matured enough to be serially produced for the Turkish F-16 modernization.

4) Turkey is neither North Korea nor India. It is a NATO member and the equipment it produces are meant to defend the homeland in the event of a peer to peer conflict.

Coming to the last page of this topic and sharing biased opinions without first getting a bit informed is in my opinion a bit rude to the people who have contributed to this thread.

I'm happy to answer your questions but this is not a "Ask anything" thread. You could get the answers you're looking for if you throughly read this thread.

i don't think the US would ever give their ok for the production of the F110 engine....never ever...assemble perhaps...but that's it
I have no stake in this debate, but I'm curious why you think so? Volvo already licence-builds their own derivative of the F404.

we are not in a very good relationship with the States....now even worse....
S-400=no F-35 or F-16 upgrades....İndia S-400= no problem from the US site
but this is very off topic

I have no stake in this debate, but I'm curious why you think so? Volvo already licence-builds their own derivative of the F404.
Because of the disastrous US-Turkey relations in the last 13 years. But lately things seem to have taken a different turn for the better, I think. At least there's now a mutual understanding and effort to not block each other's efforts where can be.

It seems the Americans have started a new "grey" phase in their understanding of Turkey where they don't try to strangle Turkey anymore but don't approve it's efforts to be self-sufficient either.

What's interesting is, the US keeps heavily arming Greece against Turkey but also allows Turkey to use American engines in local aviation programmes such as Hurjet, Kaan MMU/TF-X and T129 Helicopter. I for one think that they've greenlit a sale of ~90 engines for the initial blocks of Kaan as speculated in the industry.