Sukhoi Su-57 / T-50 / PAK FA first flight - pictures, videos and analysis [2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.
fightingirish said:
Great, Matej, could you please add the YF-23? :)

Here...

Jackonicko said:
It would be interesting to see side and plan view comparisons.....

8. March is your date: http://www.hitechweb.genezis.eu/images/PAK_FA_teaser.jpg

Attachments

• PAK_FA_vs_F-22_vs_F-23.jpg
    PAK_FA_vs_F-22_vs_F-23.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 106
lancer21 said:
sent by Sukhoi to the press

...doesn't mean it isn't photoshopped ;) ;D

flateric said:
would you also guess that photographer with his Canon 450D (not EOS-1D as with previous photos) was standing at the same parking lot allowed for media access? (hint! hint!)

Next you're going to argue that the airplane is in the same spot on the runway because it has the same length takeoff roll :D
(or is it landing?? I can't tell)

I love ambiguity, but I bow to flateric (and his sources are better than mine, no doubt)!

Here's what it should looks like ;)

Attachments

• n69bhc.jpg
    n69bhc.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 171
just wondered if we could expect some changes in the IRST ball.

maybe the possibility of resembling this(IRST sensor) once in production :D

Attachments

• 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 116
Hi, donnage99!

Nice picture! But you're not correct in one simple detail - KNAAPO logo.
Check the actual version here http://www.knaapo.ru/rus/gallery/index.wbp

Regards!

A small cut from the photo showing the fuselage under the cockpit for those, who believed that it was PSed. Note the reflections and the level of the details. As flateric said, it is definitely real!

Attachments

• details.jpg
    details.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 136
one should note that the finite details are blurred due to the applied paint which is common among planes which in turn causes the illusion of being PS'd B)

Matej, is that high res version or something? If i zoom to that size in my biggest version (900 x something pixels) the whole thing is much worse in quality...

Matej said:
A small cut from the photo showing the fuselage under the cockpit for those, who believed that it was PSed. Note the reflections and the level of the details. As flateric said, it is definitely real!

I think the main reason (at least for me I guess) for thinking it was a pshop was it's cleanliness and the fact that it is SO similar in orientation to the one released of it's first flight (trees and smoke in the background are trivial to tweak compared to adding the paint job). Still wish they'd have gone with a solid dark gray like a Strike Eagle (splinter camo has always bugged me).

Matej said:
Yes. Plus software sizing up by another 100 percent.

Ohhhhhhhhh ... when will we see the whole one in large !!!!?? :eek:

Deino

Is the hexagonal panel to the left of the '51' an aperture for a sideways looking array?

Cheers, Woody

PS. At that resolution the numbering looks much more convincing. The jaggy edges on the JPEG made it look added on. The illumination between the engines and the shadow on the main gear door still look bizarre - oh well.

I have seen various figures for internal weapons on PAK-FA , Can any one confirm if this is 8 or 10 internal weapons and if possible their location where it will be carried ?

Matej said:
Size comparison (in scale).

Matej, what about the T-50 wing geometry, am I wrong or is not that wing airfoil possessing a variable camber?

Attachments

• PAK_FA_vs_F-22.jpg
    PAK_FA_vs_F-22.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 39
  • PAK-FA-2.jpg
    PAK-FA-2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 64
Good point. Added to the list of the corrections.

I have seen various figures for internal weapons on PAK-FA , Can any one confirm if this is 8 or 10 internal weapons and if possible their location where it will be carried ?

Not a bad question, however till now we dont have confirmed even the basic dimensions so we can hardly have confirmed the weapons system.

sferrin said:
Still wish they'd have gone with a solid dark gray like a Strike Eagle (splinter camo has always bugged me).

Patience, the Indian variant is very likely to end up wearing something like that :)

I always find the color scheme of su-30mki one of the ugliest out there.
800px-SU-30_MKI_Lajes.JPG

I guess it's just a matter of taste but I kinda like the paint job as it is now tbh. atleast it gives us a different flavor of 5th gen planes ::)

donnage99 said:
I always find the color scheme of su-30mki one of the ugliest out there.

You could always try writing the IAF. They might well be open to a lobby. India is prestige conscious right now and jet fighters are high-prestige items.

nn903 said:
An interesting analysis here:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2010-01.html

Without even bothering to read rubbish from this fool I can guess what it concludes: Kill the F-35 and ramp up the F-22 to deal with this new prototype! ::)

Regards,

Greg

GTX said:
nn903 said:
An interesting analysis here:

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-2010-01.html

Without even bothering to read rubbish from this fool I can guess what it concludes: Kill the F-35 and ramp up the F-22 to deal with this new prototype! ::)

Regards,

Greg

ROFL, Some days it's just too easy, isn't it. ;)

GTX said:

Regards,

Greg
But it's a prototype that will reach operational status before the f-35 and cost alot less, while fully capable of takin' down f-22 if the US won't seriously invest in upgrades to make f-22C (accordin' to APA). ;D So unless US cancel all f-35 variants and have all military branches (including marines) buyin' f-22, the West will be doomed.

donnage99 said:
GTX said:

Regards,

Greg
But it's a prototype that will reach operational status before the f-35 and cost alot less, while fully capable of takin' down f-22 if the US won't seriously invest in upgrades to make f-22C (accordin' to APA). ;D So unless US cancel all f-35 variants and have all military branches (including marines) buyin' f-22, the West will be doomed.

Show me evidence for your statements, because I've yet to come across anyone "in the know" who believes anything you've written in that statement.

Kill the F-35 and ramp up the F-22 to deal with this new prototype!
The T-50 is indeed still a prototype when compared to the level of sophistication in some of the F-35 systems. I think people are seriously underestimating one very important quality of the F-35: It's a weapons platform that can extend it's capabilities in new and unique ways trough software much like the iPhone.

It's not the hardware specs that counts that much any more. It's all about the software that control it. And in this area, the US is still a decade ahead.

donnage99 said:
GTX said:

Regards,

Greg

I posted on this very topic a few pages ago and someone saw fit to take it down, hmmmmm, strange. With f-22 and f-35 out the US is hardly "doomed" Donnage, In fact someone made a good decision and cut f-22/35 to save $$$$ and skip to an even more advanced and cheaper 6th generation. For example Boeing's proposal

Attachments

• Boeing 6th.jpg
    Boeing 6th.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 81
Sundog said:
Show me evidence for your statements, because I've yet to come across anyone "in the know" who believes anything you've written in that statement.
Aren't the pictures of the prototype enough evidence that show exactly how capable its RCS, its flight performances, its avionics suit gonna be? We are facin' a future that even f-22 would not garantee our domination. The sole and only option for the West is F-22C in a future full of PAK FA and J-XX crowdin' the sky.

By the way, it's called sarcasm. I thought I was obvious enough. I blame the internet.

^tbh it's probably because it's missing the ::) smiley

eitherway, let's not make this thread a reason to be banned :D

donnage99 said:
Aren't the pictures of the prototype enough evidence that show exactly how capable its RCS, its flight performances, its avionics suit gonna be?

Yes, the pictures give us some information on the RCS of the prototype and only the prototype. As I mentioned before, it would be nice to see the ground tests prototype which propably has a bit different aft fuselage shaping due to different engines.

GTX said:

Yes, I know that mr Kopp is running a campain against F-35 (especially after the US have admitted to further delays in the program) and he keeps doing it in this article but I would't say it's a rubbish. There will always be different opinions on a particular design and if you keep in mind that you shouldn't treat their comparisons to western designs very seriously it's still an interesting analysis.

The United States will still have overwhelming numerical superiority. I'm sure that India, Russia, the European Union and China could still put up a very significant defence, but any smaller country wouldn't stand much of a chance. What we're seeing here is only the symbolic waning of U.S. superiority, not a true loss of power.

This may gradually change as global economies equalise and the United States becomes unable to outspend its competitors by a factor of ten times - but that is still several decades away and there are much larger concerns than a lack of air superiority given such an economic decline.

lantinian said:
It's not the hardware specs that counts that much any more. It's all about the software that control it. And in this area, the US is still a decade ahead.

Only ten years? That would mean the PAK-FA will have F-22 level avionics (and it's first upgrade will put it on par with the F-35)...

donnage99 said:
By the way, it's called sarcasm. I thought I was obvious enough. I blame the internet.

I at least figured it was tongue and cheek.

Only ten years? That would mean the PAK-FA will have F-22 level avionics (and it's first upgrade will put it on par with the F-35)...
The F-22 had only basic Air to Air when it achieved IOC in 2005. SU-27 also had did not have full capabilities in 1986, neither will the T-50 have in 2016. I think 10 years is a good number and remember that neither F-22 nor F-35 stand still in that area.

Just found ...

Attachments

• T-50 cadder.jpg
    T-50 cadder.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 245
Nice looking find...but the shadows in the top view of the middle fuselage are so wrong

I like Matej's better... :p

That chinese render looks nice, although lacks some details, and lil inaccurate in some areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom