Speedboat supported take-off for land planes

kocovgoce

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
my idea for a hurricane to be powered by another super fast hydroboat that will accelerate the hurricane to a certain speed. These small hydro boats will be entering in larger boats

Hidro hurican.jpg Hidro hurican 3.jpg hidro hurican 2.jpg

Hidro hurican.jpg

Please label your drawings "SPECULATIVE." They are better off on the speculative page.
Yes, I agree.
The idea is not new, by the way. Similar speculative schemes were described in issues of Flight in 1939 and 1940

my idea for a hurricane to be powered by another super fast hydroboat that will accelerate the hurricane to a certain speed. These small hydro boats will be entering in larger boats

View attachment 664210 View attachment 664209View attachment 664208

View attachment 664210
Please label your drawings "SPECULATIVE." They are better off on the speculative page.

Тo put it on this page?

Hi,

There is a vague historical parallel described in Eric Brown's "Testing for Combat" ... it was considered launching observation aircraft from landing ships (on a set of rails) for the 1944 Normandy Invasion. Brown was the test pilot - the idea actually worked well.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

catamaran ship as a carrier for smaller aircraft boats

Attachments

• nosac katamar1 copy.jpg
    nosac katamar1 copy.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 19
Again, there is no new thing under the sun, as the proverb goes. Hydrovanes and flotation bags were common among naval aircraft in the 1920s. Here is a Parnall Panther:

Attachments

• panther-6.jpg
    panther-6.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 17
Maybe this could be combined with a battery plane, i.e. a tesla semi launch 'sled'.....

Again, there is no new thing under the sun, as the proverb goes. Hydrovanes and flotation bags were common among naval aircraft in the 1920s. Here is a Parnall Panther:

an interesting concept of

Hydrofoil​

Yes, a hydrovane is a hydrofoil. But served a slightly different purposet: control during ditching, rather than lift. The hydrovanes kept the airplane from diving below the surface or flipping over before the the airfraft solwed enough for the flotation bags to inflate and support the aircraft.

On the other hand, the Pateras-Pescara monoplane used actual hydrofoils to lift its floats out of the wate.r

Attachments

• 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 12