Spanish Concurso Militar 1919

lucamax

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.res-aeronautica.com
Hi friends! I open this topic to ask if you have more information about the "Concurso Militar" called from the spanish government in 1919.
According to the book "Hispano Suiza in Aeronautics, Men, Companies, Engines and Aircraft" (SAEInternational, Manuel Lage) on September 1918 the spanish government iussued a competition to build:
  • A 180 Hp Hispano Suiza V-8 single seater fighter;
  • A 220 Hp V-8 two seater reconnaissance aircraft;
  • A twin or trimotor bomber.
According to the book, at the competition were proposed many projects, all of them reached the prototype stage:
  • The two seater Hispano-Barròn reconnaissance aircraft: not accpted due poor flying characteristics.
  • The two seater Loring reconnaissance aircraft: not accepted due the low flying qualities.
  • The single seater Hispano-Barròn Fighter aircraft: initially accepted by the government, but eventually not ordered to production due the end of the WWI and the aircraft surplus available on the market.
  • The Amalio Diaz Fighter aircraft: not accepted because not meeting the specification requirements, but it was awarded with a prize to be ad innovative proposal.
  • The Alfaro 8 fighter aircraft: crashed during test trials.
  • The Cierva trimotor bomber, which I found also known as Cierva BCD-3: crashed during his second flight.
Do you known if at the Concurso were proposed other designs or projects?
Off course if you have more pics about theese aircrafts and drawings please share!! ;-)

Attachments

• Alfaro 8.jpg
    Alfaro 8.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 150
  • Alfaro 8-2.jpg
    Alfaro 8-2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 137
  • La Cierva Bomber.jpg
    La Cierva Bomber.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 136
  • diazc-1.jpg
    diazc-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 126
  • diaz_c.gif
    diaz_c.gif
    36.6 KB · Views: 124
  • La Cierva Bomber -2.jpg
    La Cierva Bomber -2.jpg
    694.9 KB · Views: 54
  • baron-1.jpg
    baron-1.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 50
  • baron-1.gif
    baron-1.gif
    95.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 4875.jpg
    4875.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 33
Excellent work my dear Lucamax,

and for the company Diaz,I only knew the Type-C,and the bomber is new for me,I think
that,I know anther fighter in this competition,but let me remember.