Some Automotive Fun...

Armour tougher than a British Rail sandwich and the facility to cook pot noodles and brew tea - of course it is. Seriously though, the fourth crew member, the loader, makes a difference, sharing tasks with the commander and helping with repairs.

I thought it was Yugos all the way down…

Last edited:
Last edited:
Some automotive common sense. Re some discussions in other threads about touchscreens. European safety regulations now require buttons for the highest safety ratings no matter how well a car performs in a crash - it's better not to crash first.

IMG_5864.JPG

Last edited:
Here’s a fun patent from our friends in Maranello:
  • Hydrogen-burning inverted inline 6 flanked by two H2 tanks
  • Electrically-driven superchargers OR
  • MGU-H supercharging OR
  • Mechanical supercharger driven off the transmission
I’m surprised they didn’t resurrect the Triflux head while they were at it.

Last edited:
Tron Jr has to have training wheels at some point…

Rice U has a new ride

Last edited:
How influencers, one in particular, are affecting the car business. A number of things struck me about how social media might be affecting car designs in the coming years. She mentions that viewers like seeing cars with visibly moving parts and quirky details for instance. I've had a personal theory that European and American car design is influenced by the pen while Japanese design is influenced by the brush - bother traditional media that were taught in schools. A Bentley Continental R-Type is characterised by its gothic arch grille and the sweeping lines of its profile Japanese cars when not imitating European models often were compositions of jewel-like details, especially when customised. This is a trend that has now spread to European designs. Taking Bentley again, have a look at the headlights of a modern Continental.

I love European designs of the 30s and 50s to 70s that have clear, graceful lines myself, but in the future, I think I can expect lots of bling and 'gimmicky' detailing designed for close-ups and generating surprises and drama rather than forms that look best at speed through a telephoto lens unless drones become more common... which is pretty likely, actually.

Anyway, adding to the pen and the brush, perhaps replacing them, there's the VR headset, the iPhone and the drone.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2RGiFXN0UM