Small forum request

jeffb

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
Just a small request.

Is it possible to put a second page number, page next/last set of buttons at the TOP of each page, before the first post for that page, in addition to the standard ones at the bottom?

I frequently find myself, when I'm looking for particular posts which I know are a couple of pages back, scrolling madly to the bottom of the page so I can access the previous next functions.

Might be a bit of a usability improvement?

Last edited:
It looks like SPF Light doesn't have the page numbers at the top of the thread but SPF Dark does.

I only use SPF Light and only noticed when I switched to Dark mode to see if there was any difference.

Ok, I get it, the page buttons are only on the bottom on the SPF Light style...

Can I adjust my small request then?

Are you actually viewing a topic with more than one page of posts? There will never be buttons top or bottom on this topic unless enough posts are made.

Also note if you in in the middle of a large page of messages and start scrolling up or down the jump buttons appear. Clicking the up jump button takes you to the first message of the page, and the down button takes you to the last message of the page.

Jump Buttons.jpg

I use default light too, and do NOT get page numbers at the tope. Firefox issue?

Refreshed page and 'they're back'.

Honestly, I not sure any more. I just opened the new UFO thread on the PC and, sure enough, there are page buttons. I could have sworn...

Possibly I was confusing it with the mobile version? I regularly go back and forth between them, depending on where I am.

Looking at the mobile version right now, on the new UFO thread again, SPF lite (default), Chrome, as above, there are no page buttons at the top, just:

1686564645574.png

Very sorry if I've wasted your time on this, Paul. Like I said, could have sworn.

I use default light too, and do NOT get page numbers at the tope. Firefox issue?

Refreshed page and 'they're back'.

Do you mean the buttons weren't there but are 'back', Foo Fighter?

Possibly the missing top of page numbering is on mobile version ? (It's there when I access via the laptop)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_121518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_121518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 4
The mobile version sacrifices a number of elements to simplify and enlarge page elements.

If your phone screen is sufficiently large you could request the desktop version instead?