Grey Havoc

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
(also mentions efforts planned or actually attempted with the Ju 290, Ju 390, and the Ki 77. Overlooks the Me 264 though.)

The Rome-Tokyo flight was arguably one of the Regia Aeronautica's finest hours, though unfairly forgotten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, and thank you for the link.
The finest hour? , yes one of many finest hours by the Italian Aviation.
Thi was one event that should hve been advertised and marketed outside Italy like a firestorm, but unlike the overwhelming advertising and marketing and extreme surplus of papers written on American, British aviation accomplishments, Italian politics and generally a quite bunch, just didn't want to make a lot of noise, they were happy enough for doing what they did for themselves.
It has been said that history is always written by the winners: when two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books - books which glorify their own causes and disparage the conquered foe.- Dan Brown.
Well, that may be, except that a lot of the Italian finest hours where done not during war time. It is typical of many many flying events that took place in Italy and across many other countries and by Italian flyers that were not marketed or advertised like American and British agencies did.
My take on the subject.

(also mentions efforts planned or actually attempted with the Ju 290, Ju 390, and the Ki 77. Overlooks the Me 264 though.)

The Rome-Tokyo flight was arguably one of the Regia Aeronautica's finest hours, though unfairly forgotten.

In relation to that achievement, a fine small book:

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpeg
    IMG_2514.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom