RR Griffon Mk.IIB exhausts.

Maybe this is of use to you, although I'm not sure exactly which type of Firefly is on the photo:

Attachments

• Fairey Firefly shrouded exhaust.jpg
    Fairey Firefly shrouded exhaust.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 28
Maybe this is of use to you, although I'm not sure exactly which type of Firefly is on the photo:

Z1844 was a Firefly Mk I (rather well-known because of being pranged by Eric Brown aboard HMS Pretoria Castle during carrier landing trials).

I'm not sure if the caption is saying that Z1844 was rebuilt as an NF.2. If so, in the the photos, the wing-mounted antennae pods are missing.

I'm not sure if the caption is saying that Z1844 was rebuilt as an NF.2. If so, in the the photos, the wing-mounted antennae pods are missing.
I don't think Z1844 was rebuilt as a real night fighter, but only used to test a new type of flame arresters.
As far as I can figure out the captions say something like:

After the failure with the Firefly NF.2 Rolls Royce used Z1844, an early type with low windshield and fairings on the gun barrels, for development of flame arresters which were then installed on night fighter Firefly NF.1

Detailed shot of the flame retardant system by Rolls-Royce for Firefly night fighters. The firm's engineers approved
it after they examined the plane from all sides and did not notice exhaust flames. During the war such flame arresters were used on most NF.1, but not on FR.1