Retro Mechanix - now on Patreon

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on Boeing Model 713 supersonic bomber wind tunnel model photos, Consolidated PB-2A with laminar flow wing, Goodyear MX 778 & 779 missile studies, and the Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

My dear Zichek,

what was the Goodyear designation numbers (GA) for all those missiles ?.

After numerous requests, I am finally republishing the documents formerly hosted on the old Retromechanix site. These documents will be remastered with higher image quality and resolution, where applicable. These will be released periodically on my Gumroad site and not mixed in with the usual monthly releases of documents on Patreon, as I want to reserve that site for material I have not published before.

The video previews a collection of PDFs covering early postwar American VTOL efforts. The first subject is a trio of NACA reports on various convertible aircraft concepts by de Monge, Leonard, Platt-LePage, Wilford, Wishon, and several other designers. The second subject is the Zimmerman Flying-Wing Helicopter, a modification of the Vought XF5U-1. Included are two proposal reports, correspondence, and a special set of 1/72 scale plans digitally traced from the original. In total, there are 128 pages of material with 31 pages of rare drawings, artist's impressions and photos scanned at both 150 DPI and 300 DPI, depending on the version purchased. (Please note that the images are lightly watermarked with the Retromechanix logo).

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on Convair XB-46 early reports, Convair XB-53 mock-up photos and correspondence, Goodyear MX 779 missile studies, and Saunders-Roe nuclear Princess reports. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, Convair XB-53 correspondence from NACA files, Goodyear MX 778/779 missile studies, Douglas XB-43 pilot's handbook, and a Saunders-Roe nuclear Princess report. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, Goodyear MX 778/779 missile studies, Northrop tailless naval attack studies of 1949, Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess structural report, and a Vought XF7U-1 Cutlass flight test report. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, Goodyear MX 778/779 missile studies, Northrop tailless naval attack studies of 1949, and the Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, selected Douglas bomber studies 1939-40, Goodyear MX 778 missile studies, Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess, and the Vultee V-1A airliner. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, Goodyear MX 779 missile studies, Laister-Kauffmann XCG-10A transport glider, Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess, and the Vultee Model 61-A interceptor pursuit. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

This is a preview of a pair of PDFs covering the Fisher P-75 Eagle, an experimental WW II fighter powered by the Allison V-3420 engine. The first document is a 51 page Advanced Descriptive Data brochure from May 20, 1944 packed with photos, drawings and artwork documenting the P-75A in great detail. The second PDF is a 6 page NACA memo excerpt covering propeller testing of the XF-75A; it features 3 images of the airplane. In total, there are 57 pages of material with 45 pages of rare drawings, artist's impressions and photos. (Please note that the images are lightly watermarked with the Retromechanix logo).

As one of these documents appeared on the old Retromechanix site, I am selling these PDFS on my Gumroad store, as I reserve the Patreon page for material I have not published before. There is both 150 DPI and a 300 DPI versions available at affordable prices, the latter being more than twice the resolution of the images hosted on the old site.

New video uploaded previewing the April document release from Retromechanix on the Convair XB-46, Goodyear MX 778 air-to-ground missile studies of 1947, and the Saunders-Roe/Martin nuclear-powered Princess flying boat project of 1959. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing the May document release from Retromechanix on the Convair XB-46, Goodyear MX 778 air-to-ground missile studies of 1947, North American jet-powered Mustang studies of 1945, Saunders-Roe nuclear-powered Princess flying boat project of 1959, Vultee P-48 interceptor-pursuit project, and an early Vultee XP-54 wind tunnel report. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair Skate seaplane night fighter, Convair XB-46, Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan, and Vought F7U-1 with a single tail. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on the Retromechanix Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair Skate seaplane night fighter of 1949, Convair XB-46, Douglas flat engine projects of 1938, Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan, and Vought V-346 (F7U-1) alternate designs. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

Congratulation my dear Jzichek,

and the Douglas buried engined fighter project maybe submitted to Lockheed XP-38 competition ?.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair Skate seaplane night fighter of 1949, Convair XB-46, Douglas flat engine projects of 1938, Douglas Model 332 heavy bomber, and Vultee Model 61-A pursuit. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair Skate seaplane night fighter of 1949, Convair XB-46, Fokker FT-1 torpedo plane prototype of 1922, various North American aircraft projects 1939-45, and the Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair Skate seaplane night fighter of 1949, Convair XB-46, the Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan, and Vought XF7U-1 Cutlass mock-up. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Convair XB-46, miscellaneous Douglas WW II studies, Fokker Atlantic XFA-1 fighter, the Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan, and Vought V-362 and V-389 Cutlass studies. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the the Douglas DB-10 flat engine attack bomber of 1938-39, North American FSW fighter studies of 1946, Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM, and Vought V-366-D/E Cutlass studies. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the crash of a Curtiss P-40F in 1942, North American FSW fighter studies of 1946, the Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study from the University of Michigan, and Vought V-366-A-F & F7U-3 Cutlass studies. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing a free document release from Retromechanix on the Bellanca Aircraft Corporation's participation in the US Army Air Corp's Circular Proposal 39-770 single-engine interceptor pursuit competition of 1939. This material originates from the Giuseppe M. Bellanca Collection at the National Air and Space Museum; those wishing to download it can become a free member of the Retromechanix Patreon site. The material is divided into 2 PDFs totaling 243 pages. Special thanks to Allan Griffith for providing these documents.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on USAAC CP 39-770 single engine interceptor pursuit evaluations, Douglas Model 312 & 316 pusher pursuit Studies of 1939-40, the Project Wizard (MX-794) ABM study by the University of Michigan, and Vought folding wingtip fighter and attack studies 1952-53. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

New video uploaded previewing a free document release from Retromechanix on the Bellanca Aircraft Corporation's participation in the US Army Air Corp's Circular Proposal 39-775 twin-engine interceptor pursuit competition of 1939. This material originates from the Giuseppe M. Bellanca Collection at the National Air and Space Museum; those wishing to download it can become a free member of the Retromechanix Patreon site; the PDF of manufacturer correspondence is 135 pages in length. Special thanks to Allan Griffith for providing this material.

New video uploaded previewing this month's document release on the Project Wizard (MX-794) USAF anti-ballistic missile system summary report of September 1947; this 102 page report features 21 pages of rare images. PDFs of this material in both medium and high resolution are available on my Patreon.

Back
Top Bottom