New illustrated history of the General Dynamics F-16XL

Last edited:
Scott -This is great, thanks! I had no problem downloading. Do you know if there will be a hard copy avaliable?

Download was a breeze for me. Very interesting book. Thanks Scott (and of course, Tony).

How's the quality of their stuff from Amazon's POD? If the quality is good a hardcopy might be worth it.
Tony said that it's not quite as good as traditional offset printing, but he's happy with it. I have no first-hand knowledge, however. It seems that this will be the only official hardcopy release.

From Tony R. Landis

New illustrated history of the General Dynamics F-16XL book was just came out from the AFMC History Office. Available as a free pdf download here: https://wss.apan.org/public/AFMC-History-Office/Shared Documents/F-16XL Book_Final-web (1).pdf

Printed copies can be ordered from Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFZFXBCR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The printed paperback books are high-quality, print-on-demand, 248-pages, all color with over 1,000 photos and 125 illustrations.

1757994339_F-16XLBook_Cover.jpg.9496ff233c54a65b9613c383e85ef27e.jpg

Logged in and noticed it had a price "drop" of 36%. 2 days ago it was $29.38

1693237345718.png

OK, I purchased the book from hamazon and quick delivery worked well.

A quick glance shows lots of picture and detail but the paper quality leaves much to be desired for £32.

That aspect is not impressing at all.

OK, I purchased the book from hamazon and quick delivery worked well.

A quick glance shows lots of picture and detail but the paper quality leaves much to be desired for £32.

That aspect is not impressing at all.
I almost pulled the trigger and bought this last night. But I keep hearing the paper quality is sub-par.

I have the digital copy but do prefer to have a physical version tbh, a bit of an old fart perhaps. Consider the paper standard of the average comic book (Tintin etc) and they are much better paper quality than this book. Down to the printers of course.