Substitute techbro with MBS.
Alex Blechman @AlexBlechman Sci-Fi Author: In my book I invented the Torment Nexus as a cautionary tale Tech Company: At long last, we have created the Torment Nexus from classic sci-fi novel Don't Create The Torment Nexus 5:49 PM Nov 8, 2021. Twitter Web App

I guess we can see New Scientists' brand name comics author's creative powers in action - he stole a 2 year old Twitter meme and rewrote it with more words to be less funny.

But considering the Neom project - I think we are being subjected to a clever hype cycle. Remember there's no such thing as bad press, and from what I've seen, publication after publication reiterates the same points of why this is a daft idea. My take is that it will be built - only at like 10% of the original length( even that might be a stretch), which would still be incredibly ambitious and impressive, and rich elites can still go there to gawk at the incredible scale of skyscrapers that seemingly go on forever.

And anyway, I don't necessarily think the idea is that dumb - consider that the outsider weather around there is simple unbearable - it is the desert after all - every day fluctuates between 30ish C to mid-40s and sometimes even hotter. Creating a large closed indoor space might be practical in those circumstances, and might even more energy efficient than the alternative of separate buildings.

Neom Line significantly slows down construction pace:

Before long this will be a haven for urban explorers, and pretty much nobody else...
you got it right, because saudis scale back the line to 300000 inhabitants do lack of money
seems the zillion other projects of NEOM and biggest skyscraper in world and the 400x400x400 meter cube and wintersport resort in Desert,
suck more money up as available...
odd in text the Saudi say 1.5 million inhabitants that harsh in contrast of 9 million inhabitants who have to life and work in The Line in 2030s.

Back
Top Bottom