MRF (Multi Role Fighter)

pedrospe

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Hi everyone,remember the MRF(multi role fighter) program from the 90`s, the one canceled in 1993? Thanks to all of your pictures posted here in the forum, i build two years ago a model of one of the proposals for that program,the one from McDonnell Douglas which was one of my favorite designs,so i thought it would be a good idea to post it here,the model is not perfect but i think the end result turned out ok,hope you like it.

best regards

pedro

PP258FAR-302.jpg

PP258FAR-303.jpg

PP258FAR-301.jpg

PP258FAR-300.jpg

That reminds me of lockheed / Martin's YF-23 Gray Ghost / Black Widow II.
Here is my flying version of it front row center along with some other aircraft you might recognize.

Attachments

• 5EZP 9L.JPG
    5EZP 9L.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 901
Bobdaeronort said:
That reminds me of lockheed / Martin's YF-23 Gray Ghost / Black Widow II.
Here is my flying version of it front row center along with some other aircraft you might recognize.

The YF-23 was a Northrop Grumman product; Lockheed Martin was responsible for the YF-22.

pedrospe said:
Hi everyone,remember the MRF(multi role fighter) program from the 90`s, the one canceled in 1993? Thanks to all of your pictures posted here in the forum, i build two years ago a model of one of the proposals for that program,the one from McDonnell Douglas which was one of my favorite designs,so i thought it would be a good idea to post it here,the model is not perfect but i think the end result turned out ok,hope you like it.

Which design is it? This one?

Attachments

• McDD MRF.jpg
    McDD MRF.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 225
Hi everyone,yeah that's the one Kryptid,and Bobdaeronort those are some great models,

best regards

Pedro

Hi BAROBA,thanks a lot,to make the canopies, i used a vaccum-form box,if you want to know more,of how i build my models,just check out the forum "beyondthesprues.com" and the subject "tips,tools and techniques" or the forum "whatifmodelers", i was amazed a few months ago when i saw your F-42 COUGAR, that was a really magnificent aircraft, i hope you show as some more of your work.

best regards

Pedro

Hi Kryptid,well i never thought about that, how my aircraft would cost in terms of money ,because the materials i use are not very expensive,but, since every aircraft model that i build, usually takes me about a week to build(depending on much time a day i spend on it),in terms of work it´s a bit costly.

best regards

Pedro

Hi everyone,this is one of my older models,based on Boeing MRF-24X.

Boeing MRF-24X

PP192FAR-8.jpg

PP192FAR-81.jpg

PP192FAR-82.jpg

PP192FAR-83.jpg