Lots of rotary wing aircraft pictures

Jemiba

Staff member
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Found by hesham, I would recommend to everybody interested in helicopters and rotary wing aircraft,
to store that pdf-file: http://kulturserver-nds.de/home/hubtest/medien/ACD-allNAILS%20bis%201936.pdf
As mentioned in the file name, it could just to be a kind of test and as the owner of the website seems not
necessarily to be amongst the usual suspects for dealing with aircraft projects, this file may be gone in the
not to distant future. As mentioned in the thread about Asboth helicopter, I'll try to get higher res versions
of at least some of the pictures, but success isn't granted, of course.

The main reason I've had that file on the side for a while and didn't share it "as is" is that:
  • It seems to be a certain library or museum's index of photographs. I'm not quite sure whether it is meant to be public and showed up in Google out of neglect of its owners, and the names of the collection and owner do not appear.
  • I cannot decipher some of the little scribblings.
  • The pics are mostly much too small for sharing.
  • I wanted to research some of the types properly (which I started doing — some of my helo posts of a few weeks ago were based on research I made using this as a basis).
I found more PDF files in the same place but I would recommend not sharing them directly on this forum until we have properly identified the source.

hesham said:
anther good report,with 583 pages;

The collection of files comprises 20 files for a total of 66 Mb. I've had them since May 30, 2011 to be exact.

It contains a lot of precious information and pics, but I believe some of them belong to a private research project and I didn't feel the right to share them.

As said before, the site owner is a public, state near foundation and if those files are accessible for at least two
years now, I can see no legal problems. But to my opinion, the "captions" are just a number of keywords, with
cross-references, suitable only for those adept to the system and able to gain full access, they are NO description
of the photos themselves. For some portrays of designers /contructors "Ehrenraum" (hall of honour) is mentioned,
and I stumbled about the name of the city Bückeburg, well known amongst aviation fans for its helicopter museum.
I wouldn't be surprised, if those files actually are a regsiter of the photo collection of that museum, but that's just
an assumption, of course. Let's just give the owner of that site some days for an answer.