Am not sure what you mean PT.

Anyway, i found a project of twin DP 203mm gun, is designated for coastal defense but imagine a navalized version of it.
View attachment 708264
I believe he means to say that he would appreciate it if you would repost the plan you're referring to so that he does not need to spend his time scrounging for it.

Anyway, i found a project of twin DP 203mm gun, is designated for coastal defense but imagine a navalized version of it.
View attachment 708264
Now this is rather interesting...actually, this is spectacular! It would be nice to know armor, train/elevation rates, and the like, but it's still a very interesting plan, to be sure.

A small revisit, this twin turret sketch i posted years ago was believed to be 28.3cm, but after some pixel counting and calculation, this might be a twin 35cm/L50 ("49.55") (not exactly L/50 because their rifle caliber length, some numbers are rounded and some aren't), the full barrel length given approximate 17500 meters.
Another reason why i believe is 35cm because the barbatte diameter too big for a twin 28.3cm, the closet comparison i have is Mackensen-class 35cm/L45 which have 9200m versus C/33's 9500m.
I might have argued that may be because of additional ammunition elevators, but upon closer inspection, this does not appear to be the case. In fact, guns of this caliber (in lieu of 38cm initially, of course) were closely considered, as I am sure you are aware. With that in mind, I am certainly willing to accept this new discovery as fact. I will need to change the name of this plan when I am able. Unfortunately, my current situation doesn't allow me to what I would otherwise be able to on a much stronger internet connection.

In the document of RM-6/86, it mentioned that the design of a battleship armed with "3 super-heavy triple turrets" should be ready in September 1942. I wonder if there are some more information of this battleship design in the archive.View attachment 707197
Here's a machine translation, for those of us with limited German language skills:

SKL. is of the opinion that the focus of heavy of the construction of heavy ships in a fleet to be created in the future lies with the aircraft carriers. However, the construction of battleships must not yet be definitively abandoned.-Development is proceeding in accordance with the wishes expressed by the Führer in such a way that a significant increase in caliber is envisaged. In order to be able to accommodate a sufficient number of tubes on the ships, the development of triple turrets is necessary. At the end of September, K is expected to submit the design of a battleship with 3 superheavy triple turrets will be submitted.

It must be borne in mind that all ships beyond the "H 41" type cannot be deployed from the German coasts. With the development as it appears at present, therefore, only a deployment from Drontheim is possible, since the situation at Brest will not change fundamentally as long as the British Isles remain untouched as a jumping-off point for the English-American Air Force.

The construction of a ship corresponding to the Führer's last wishes will take a long time. It is therefore necessary that the largest type ("H 41") envisaged so far be constructed through first, so that the plans are available in case we are forced to start construction immediately in the event of a sudden change in the situation.

Anyway, i found a project of twin DP 203mm gun (fitted with the recoil rammers), is designated for coastal defense but imagine a navalized version of it.
View attachment 708264

I have been looking at this mount for a while and the more I do the more fascinating it becomes. It looks like it was designed to allow loading at any angle, with rounds collected by the bucket on the end of the loading arm from the elevator that is forward on the level below the guns. The forward elevator is served by the centreline elevator, with trolleys moving the round and charge from one elevator to the other but at no point does the charge appear to move behind the round. As such, I am not clear on how the final loading cycle would work. It looks like the separate charge and shell are rammed from the collecting bucket into separate chambers behind the breech with the charge above the shell, the shell chamber lines up perfectly behind the breech but its not clear how the charge would be brought in behind it. Assuming this used the same ammunition as the guns on the Hipper class, e.g. non-combustible charge cases, there would also need to be a means of removing spent cases.

I see no reason why this couldn't be installed on a ship, but it would probably require something bigger than a Hipper to host four of them.

Last edited:
I have been looking at this mount for a while and the more I do the more fascinating it becomes. It looks like it was designed to allow loading at any angle, with rounds collected by the bucket on the end of the loading arm from the elevator that is forward on the level below the guns. The forward elevator is served by the centreline elevator, with trolleys moving the round and charge from one elevator to the other but at no point does the charge appear to move behind the round. As such, I am not clear on how the final loading cycle would work. It looks like the separate charge and shell are rammed from the collecting bucket into separate chambers behind the breech with the charge above the shell, the shell chamber lines up perfectly behind the breech but its not clear how the charge would be brought in behind it. Assuming this used the same ammunition as the guns on the Hipper class, e.g. non-combustible charge cases, there would also need to be a means of removing spent cases.

I see no reason why this couldn't be installed on a ship, but it would probably require something bigger than a Hipper to host four of them.
As a Heavy AA ship? Interesting, but against surface role the barrels close placement would have negative effect on accuracy.
I will draw it and see how the barbette diamaters differ. but these guns placed as such I think it would require a smaller barbette.

As a Heavy AA ship? Interesting, but against surface role the barrels close placement would have negative effect on accuracy.
I will draw it and see how the barbette diamaters differ. but these guns placed as such I think it would require a smaller barbette.

I was thinking of a heavy cruiser with dual-purpose (DP) main armament. The drawing shows a roller path diameter of 6500 (6.5m), but that is driven by the length required behind the gun for the swinging loading arm to pass through the floor/deck levels. The result being that the gun house of the turret, at 5000 (5m), is 1500 (1.5m) narrower than the turret roller path. What was the roller path diameter for the 8" turrets on the Hipper class?

Does anybody what is this? It is on back of most german carriers flight decks.

Attachments

• Graf Zeppelin .jpg
    Graf Zeppelin .jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 178
I have been working on new drawing of Europa for quite some time, because the old one that I posted here was really bad in terms of dimensions. So here it is, if you see any errors please let me know.

Attachments

• Europa sb 4.png
    Europa sb 4.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 137
Hello, I'm happy to be a part of this great thread.

I'm interested in the weponary especially, "15 cm/55 SK Drh.L.C/34" secondary twin turrets used by Sharnhorst-class, Bismarck-class, H-class battleships and M-class cruiser. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eJwJZX

Two turrets have survived the war and now reside in the Stevnsfort. But after examining the interior photos taken by tourists, I have noticed that many of the internal fittings are not originals (especially back wall mountings). Refer to the drawings from "Unterrichtstafeln für Geschützkunde - Band 1: Seeziel". https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=83669&start=45
Especially the "Firing control panel" on the back side was completely removed (term from "The Battleship Bismarck [Anatomy of The Ship]")

The configuration of the original interior fittings on the backside of the wall and their functions are mystery which i wanna research.
Visualizing the original intended structure will help understanding the intention of the German builder.
Does the bundesarchive have the documents related to the turret?
Any blueprints, drawings and the interior photos are greatly appreciated which are not from "Unterrichtstafeln für Geschützkunde - Band 1: Seeziel"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General info

Differences between Bismarck and Sharnhorst class's 15 cm twin turrets
- Armour thickness

Scharnhorst: front 140mm; sides 60mm, rear 70mm, roof 30-50mm
Bismarck: front 100mm; sides and rear 40mm, roof 20-35mm
Source: "The Battleship Bismarck (Anatomy of The Ship)", "The Battleship Sharnhorst (Anatomy of The Ship)", RM 20/1913

- External appearance
There are rivets joining the sides and back plates in Bismarck's but not in Scharnhorst's
There are rivets along the bottom edge in Bismarck's but not in Scharnhorst's
A pair of fitting on the frontal plate between the guns (Cylindrical vs Button shape).
Source: No source, Just compared the photos from Bundesarchiv.

15 cm twin turret composition on the German battleships.
- Sharnhorst-- 4 x long shaft "15 cm/55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"
- Bismarck---- 2 x long shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret", 4 x short shaft "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"
- H-class------ 2 x long shaft "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret", 4 x short shaft "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"
For Bismarck and H-class only the forward one had the long turret.
The others were located at the edge of the ship right above the Turtle-back armour. It creates slanted armored deck making the turret
to be one level shorter unlike the forward turret which is located closer to the middle-line.
Source:"The Battleship Bismarck (Anatomy of The Ship)"

Levels of the turret
Long shaft: Gun house level - Train mechanism level - Machinery level - Workshop level - Ammunition handling level
Short shaft: Gun house level - Train mechanism level - Machinery level - (Workshop level + Ammunition handling level)
For the short shaft, Workshop level and Ammunition handling level became one.
https://samlinger.natmus.dk/fhm/asset/210109 you can see the screw at the bottom and welding point on the top looks odd.
Source: "The Battleship Bismarck (Anatomy of The Ship)", "The Battleship Sharnhorst (Anatomy of The Ship)"

Coastal bunker type
There were two types of coastal bunkers which can house those 15 cm twin turret mounts.
The "M184" and "M219". "M184" was one level shorter than the "M219".
M184 was intended to use the surplus short turrets of the H-class battleship.
Whearas M219 was intended to house "Drh.L.C/34 turret". The long shaft turret.
Source:
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Regelbauten/Mittelbatterien.htm
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Regelbauten/Marine/RBM184.htm
https://www.regelbau.dk/regelbau_visbunker.asp?id=294

What's interesting is that bunker of the Fanø (the turrets are now in Stevnsfort) was "M184" type which cannot accomodate the long shaft of the Gnei's secondary turret. A document found in the Bundesarchiv tells more about this story.
"Buildings of permanent fortifications Batt. Graadyb work stopped because planned turrets are not coming to Fanö. Reconstruction of towers in terms of fortress construction and weapons technology (shortening of the tower core) is underway"
Source: BA-MA, RM 31/3215 (All the credit goes to a member from "Axishistory" forum)
The expected turret might be the short turret of the H-class battleship mentioned above.
One that had been shortened must be Gnei's.

Examples
Location------------------------bunker type----------------------------turret mount-------------------------------------origin
Petsamo (Finland)------------2 x M219 bunker-----2 x long shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"-----------------H-class
Sylt (Germany)---------------2 x M184 bunker-----2 x short shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"-----------------H-class
Borkum (Germany)-----------2 x M184 bunker-----2 x short shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"-----------------H-class
Den Helder (Netherlands)----2 x M219 bunker-----2 x long shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"-----------------Gneisenau
Fanø (Denmark)---------------2 x M184 bunker----2 x short (modified) shaft, "15 cm /55 SK Drh.L.C/34 turret"----Gneisenau
Some of them are complete or partially built.
Second hand reference: https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=201637
https://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=83669&start=30

15 cm twin Turrets and Gun's serial numbers
Turret number

Sharnhorst: Turret number: #1 ~ #4
Gneisenau: Turret number: #5 ~ #8
Gun number
Sharnhorst: 1000 ~ 1007
Gneisenau: 1008 ~ 1015
1. Den Helder
Turret #6, Gun Sn# 1008, 1010
Turret #8, Gun Sn# 1012, 1014
2. Fanø (Stevns):
Turret #5, Gun Sn# 1009, 1011
Turret #7, Gun Sn# 1013, 1015
Source: http://www.atlantvoldsydvest.dk/2022/02/13/dokumentation-af-gneisenaus-kanoner-i-danmark-1944-2021/

Update
2023.10.17 - The rear armour thickness of the Gnei's turret has been chnaged from 60 mm to 70 mm (RM 20/1913)
2023.10.17 - Replaced the "C/28 turret" to ""C/34" following the the manuals (RM6). (List 1, 2 jpg)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• List1.png
    List1.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 56
  • List2.png
    List2.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
"Unterrichtstafeln für Geschützkunde - Band 1: Seeziel"
This books and some of its related documents is in RM 129, but none have digitalize yet, as for 15cm/L55 C/34 turret? There are some in RM 24, mostly generic sketches showing cables and electrics etc, there's one sketch show optic mount.

This books and some of its related documents is in RM 129, but none have digitalize yet, as for 15cm/L55 C/34 turret? There are some in RM 24, mostly generic sketches showing cables and electrics etc, there's one sketch show optic mount.
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I was looking for the diagrams of the electric sets as those are curretly missing from the wall mountings (Circuit boards and a heater).
The missing heater set was replaced when the turret was modernized but very similar one can be found in Austratt fort.
But other than that it's frustrating to find similar components between those two which might help me deduce their funcionality.

Were they digitized? Then what's there numbers (including the optic)?
I saw that through RM_24_286 ~ RM_24_326, The plans are related to 28cm/54 SK C/34 in coastal turret.
Similary, Is there blueprints for the coastal mount for the 15 cm/L55 C/34 twin turret?
It will explain a lot of question on the problem for the designation and the structural differences between the short and the long turret.
Also, It will be fun to compare them with the RDN (Royal danish navy) post war drawings (might be modified from the drawings from "Unterrichtstafeln für Geschützkunde - Band 1: Seeziel") of the turret I have acquired.

I really appreciate your help.

Last edited:
Were they digitized? Then what's there numbers (including the optic)?
RM 24/353 for optic mounts, circuit boards starting from RM 24/346 to /355.
Similary, Is there blueprints for the coastal mount for the 15 cm/L55 C/34 twin turret?
They're in RM 6 but not a single have digitalize yet, there are sketch design for triple 15cm/L60 C/25, a land-based 15cm/L50 (DP?), some 15cm/45,55,60 barrel data and coastal turrets.
Here's the file names:
- M.Dv. Nr. 233,115 Die 15 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/28 in 15 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34.- Band V.- Schmierstellenübersicht
- M.Dv. Nr. 233,115 Die 15 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/28 in 15 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34.- Mechanische Einrichtungen.- Band IIa.- Zieleinrichtungen und Vorschrit für die Behandlung und Instandhaltung der Zieleinrichtungen
- M.Dv. Nr. 233,115 Die 15 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/28 in 15 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34.- Vorläufige Beschreibung.- Band III.- Abfeueranlage
- M.Dv. Nr. 233,115 Die 15 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/28 in 15 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34.- Band IIIa.- Höhenvorzünderwerke C/36
- M.Dv. Nr. 233,115 Die 15 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/28 in 15 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34.- Vorläufige Beschreibung.- Band IV.- Warnanlage
- M.Dv. Nr. 436,28 Vorläufige Vorschrift für die Behandlung und Instandhaltung der 15 cm S.K. C/28 in 15 cm Drh. L. C/34

RM 24/353 for optic mounts, circuit boards starting from RM 24/346 to /355.
RM 24/346 ~ /355 seem to contain some blueprints for the D.r.h.L.C/34a (brakets? clamps? linkage? not circuit board for sure)
And I have feeling that they are not related to the 15 cm/55 twin mounts which I was disscussing above but rather related to 38 cm twin mount used by bismarck-class.

Also, the aft view plan of the turret D.r.h.L.C/34a (RM 24/331) shows nothing in common when compared to the re-drawn plans (15 cm twin mount) from the book "The Battleship Bismarck (Anatomy of The Ship)", "The Battleship Sharnhorst (Anatomy of The Ship)". Also, a pair of the recoil absorbers is on the bottom of the breech (RM 24/331) but for 15 cm guns (the twin mount) it is on the top of the breech.

(Photos: http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNGER_59-55_skc28.php)
If you don't mind, could you re-check whether this is true?

I have looked into the digitalized copies by using the following method.
1. Go to https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Navigation/Find/Digitised-Fonds/digitised-fonds.html
2. Click "Norddeutscher Bund und Deutsches Reich (1867/1871-1945)"
3. Click "RM 24 OKM / Marineverwaltungsamt der Reichsmarine und Kriegsmarine"
4. In the "Klassifikation" tab on the left-bottom side, click one of the followings "micht klassifiziert", "nicht bewertet", "1.4 Digitaliserte, noch nicht ershlossene Dokumente (drop down menu)".
5. Click "Digitalisat anzeigen" to see the scanned copy.

They're in RM 6 but not a single have digitalize yet, there are sketch design for triple 15cm/L60 C/25, a land-based 15cm/L50 (DP?), some 15cm/45,55,60 barrel data and coastal turrets.
If I understood correctly, "RM 6" contains the M.Dv.Nr.233 and 436 manuals for the 15 cm/55 twin mount. (RM6 constains book type documents?) Which is promising, Thank you!
It is quite unfortunate as I have no ways to view those content as the archive center is too far away.

I picked random number and viewed its digitalized content for an hour. What's pretty interesting was the most frequent plans I've encountered were 28 cm gun and its D.r.h.L.C/28 turret (related to turret construction not the ammunition) for the "Deutschland" and "Sharnhorst" class. Next was 38 cm gun and turret plans for the Bismarck-class. Numerous ammunition sketches as the signiture number goes up. Many of the plans are written with D.r.h.L.C/28 without "cm", I think those plans are for the 28 cm guns. This is just a guess but If a plan were to be related to the secondary turret, In order to disthinguish themselves with the main turrets, it needs to have "15 cm", "15 cm/55" or 15 cm/l55" as a prefix which I have found nothing :rolleyes:.
I will try searching it for more but is there any chance that they might be in the range between RM 24/1 ~ RM 24/250 (they are not digitized yet) ? or in another folder?

Last edited:
iHi Junef,
your info about accessing Bundesarchiv.de is worth an entry in the section Other Resources > Found on the Internet

RM 24/346 ~ /355 seem to contain some blueprints for the D.r.h.L.C/34a (brakets? clamps? linkage? not circuit board for sure)
And I have feeling that they are not related to the 15 cm/55 twin mounts which I was disscussing above but rather related to 38 cm twin mount used by bismarck-class.
I could posts them here later, i already make a txt list of all RM 24 related folders years ago just in case i got lost, am certain some of them are related to 15cm/C34.
D.r.h.L.C/34a (RM 24/331)
Oops, looks like i got the numbers mixed up between folder number orders versus "Alte Signatur" (alternative signature), it should be RM24/650 (RM 24-1/353), for optic mounts.
I have looked into the digitalized copies by using the following method.
Same methods i used on bunderachive, you can search digitalized files more efficient with "suche" (search), just type in "Marineverwaltungsamt der Reichsmarine und Kriegsmarine" it will show all digitalized files and save your times.
I will try searching it for more but is there any chance that they might be in the range between RM 24/1 ~ RM 24/250 (they are not digitized yet) ? or in another folder?
Some files doesn't have name, called "Ohne Titel" (unknown title) not many have digitalized so far, but they're usually hidden treasure to me, but am afraid the 15cm turret plans you looking for haven't digitalize yet on the archives.

Are you German peharps? sound like you have experience and better archive accessing.

Last edited:
iHi Junef,
your info about accessing Bundesarchiv.de is worth an entry in the section Other Resources > Found on the Internet
Done. https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/th...s-in-bundesarchive-online-kriegsmarine.42328/
I could posts them here later, i already make a txt list of all RM 24 related folders years ago just in case i got lost, am certain some of them are related to 15cm/C34.
It will save tremendous amount of time for everybody.
I really hope to see that list soon.
Same methods i used on bunderachive, you can search digitalized files more efficient with "suche" (search), just type in "Marineverwaltungsamt der Reichsmarine und Kriegsmarine" it will show all digitalized files and save your times.
Thanks for the great tip!
Some files doesn't have name, called "Ohne Titel" (unknown title) not many have digitalized so far, but they're usually hidden treasure to me, but am afraid the 15cm turret plans you looking for haven't digitalize yet on the archives.
Yes, It seems someone was eagar to find documents related to 28 cm guns rather than 15 cm that's why there are so many bunch of them. It seems money is the problem now. I heard that requesting for a scanned copy was quite a sum of money.
Are you German peharps? sound like you have experience and better archive accessing.
Sorry, I'm not German. But I had previous experiences with this archive for researching the Flak AA. long time ago.....

I like conventional method, I mean researching the existing, surviving artillery and weapons from the wartime will definitely help understanding the planned (or secret?) weapons more thoroughly. It might also solve the intended uses for the untitiled plans.

I chose the 15 cm turret because It is one of the surivivng smallest calibre in the enclosed turret with multiple level platforms which was one-time aboard the ship (German ship). As it is the smallest, It will have less components compared to other big turrets meaning less blueprints to look for.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Improvised triple 20.3cm/60 on Petropavlovsk (ex-Lutzow), i wonder if there are more pics with better angles and very curious how they work.
It will save tremendous amount of time for everybody.
I really hope to see that list soon.
Am very sorry, what i mean is, is my personal txt list and there are some scans, documents i find have taken as grain of salts (i put them as unknown, probably?, possibly? like that) as long i have them in orders i wouldn't get lost during searches, but since you need the scans from 15cm/C.34 turret, i can posts them here.
RM_24_644.jpg RM_24_645.jpg
RM_24_646.jpg RM_24_647.jpg RM_24_648.jpg
rm_24_649-jpg.709791
View attachment RM_24_650.jpgView attachment RM_24_652.jpg

Attachments

• RM_24_649.jpg
    RM_24_649.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 604
A little correction on that:
The plan seems to be from the first-hand reference rather than from the second hand reference like books....etc.
Could you tell me the item or signature number before modifying my post?
Am very sorry, what i mean is, is my personal txt list and there are some scans, documents i find have taken as grain of salts (i put them as unknown, probably?, possibly? like that) as long i have them in orders i wouldn't get lost during searches, but since you need the scans from 15cm/C.34 turret, i can posts them here.
It seems the plans RM_24_644 ~ 652 (excluding 651[15 cm M.P.L]) you've sent me are also digitized in the bundesarchiv.
The plan RM_24_643 is also related to the 15cm/C34 turret containing the description for the following plans.
As they are written in German, I will first try to index them in Excel and find out their uses later.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RM_24_652, It is a fusebox but I cannot find the place where it belong inside the gun house level after comparing the photo references.
RM_24_650, It is a auxiliary visor which was planned on the Panzerschiff Du.E?. It needs a port on the turret's frontal plate right below the rectangular sight hole on left side of the turret. From my obervation, the visor was not installed in any of the 15cm twin turrets on board the ship. It might be just a proposed plan.
RM_24_643 ~ 649, They seem to be related to a visor (RM_24_650?) showing what gears are affected when handles are rotated.
Except 652, The rest are, in my opinion, just proposed blueprints.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Method for finding reference images (Fig.1)
1. Go to Google
2. Search the location you want view.
3. Go to Map and follow (Fig.1)
# Images were removed for copyright#

Generally, They provide 360 interior views.
Useful as I was able to see many other interior views of coastal turrets. (or turrets of Iowa, Alabama and NC)

I hope we can dig more.
Again. I appreciate your help!

Attachments

• Fig.1_.jpg
    Fig.1_.jpg
    685.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
It seems the plans RM_24_644 ~ 652 (excluding 651[15 cm M.P.L]) you've sent me are also digitized in the bundesarchiv.
The plan RM_24_643 is also related to the 15cm/C34 turret containing the description for the following plans.
Those RM 24 scans have been digitalized for quite sometimes, currently there are 771 plans (due to errors, it missing a bunch of digitalized scans of French 38cm/45 barrel) available to views and doesn't seems update as much compare to other RM archives, i'll keep posting here as long they're digitalized.
But overall, these i founded so far are related to 15cm/55 C.34, the rest are flooded with 28.3cm C.28 and C34 turrets.
Useful as I was able to see many other interior views of coastal turrets. (or turrets of Iowa, Alabama and NC)
I used to collects a bunch of photos and pictures of 28.3cm turret interiors, machinery and ammo hoists from Austrått Fort tourists because my curiosity.

It was a page from RM 20/1913.
Indeed. p88 shows 70 mm for the back of the turret. modified my post. Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inside the T283 roll of the NARA (USA) archive, There are many microfilm rolls which contain naval manuals.
For the Kriegsmarine, The manuals are located between the range 96 ~ 106.
The roll 104 conatins manuals for the 20.3 cm C/34, 38 cm C/34 and 28 cm C/34 guns.

Vorläufige Beschreibung ==> Primary Description
Vorläufige Übersicht ==> Primary Overview

T283 R104 #1
: Vorläufige Beschreibung 20.3 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/34 in 20.3 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C/34 Mechanische einrichtungen Band Ia, 1938
T283 R104 #2. Vorläufige Übersicht uber die Schmierstellen Und Entluftungsstellen der 28 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/34 in Drehscheiben-Lafette C/28, 1937
T283 R104 #3. Vorläufige Beschreibung 38 cm Schnellade-Kanone C/34 in 38 cm Drehscheiben-Lafette C.34 Mechanische einrichtungen Band Ia, 1939

Fortunately, You can download them from here "https://wwiidigitalarchives.org/t283"
The same documents can be found in RM 6 folder in the bundesarchiv but not digitized.
T283 R104 #1 ==> RM 6/1215
T283 R104 #2 ==> RM 6/1239
T283 R104 #3 ==> RM 6/1240

If someone wants to stduy existed turrets, I highly recommend reading the manuals in RM 6 first before finding blueprints in RM24.

Last edited:
Hello I found some blueprints and photos of 55mm Gerat 58.

Attachments

• 55 Gerat 58 bl 2.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 bl 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 55 Gerat 58 bl 3.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 bl 3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 57
  • 55 Gerat 58 bl 4.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 bl 4.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 5.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 5.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 6.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 2.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 1.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 1.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 55 Gerat 58 bl 5.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 bl 5.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 3.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 4.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 4.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 7.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 7.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 8.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 8.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 9.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 9.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 55 Gerat 58 foto 10.jpg
    55 Gerat 58 foto 10.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 59
This turret is not from the *ex*-Lützow (aka Petropavlovsk, aka two or three more names), but from Lützow (ex-Deutschland), the first of "pocket battleships". And the guns are, accordingly, 28cm, not 20.3cm. Petropavlovsk never carried the triple turrets in her life, except in rejected post-war completion projects.
KM have any new 17cm gun design in WWII ?
IIRC, it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that 17cm guns of new design were considered by Kriegsmarine. In the end, through, Germans only had Kaiser-era 17cm SK L/40s, used as railroad and coastal guns.
Maybe archives have some projects or estimates for a new 17cm guns, but I don't remember anything like that in this thread, or in Sarcasticat's Google drive.

Attachments

• Hpq7t9SDE4E.jpg
    Hpq7t9SDE4E.jpg
    702.1 KB · Views: 74
This turret is not from the *ex*-Lützow (aka Petropavlovsk, aka two or three more names), but from Lützow (ex-Deutschland), the first of "pocket battleships". And the guns are, accordingly, 28cm, not 20.3cm. Petropavlovsk never carried the triple turrets in her life, except in rejected post-war completion projects.
Care to tell me more about these projects?

Care to tell me more about these projects?
I only know one for sure. Project 83K, a post-war proposal to complete Petropavlovsk (by then already renamed  Tallin) as light cruiser, with armament equivalent to that of Project 68bis (Sverdlov-class) cruiser. That is, 4×III 152mm main guns, 6×II 100mm SM-5 DP guns, 6×IV 45mm and 6×IV 25mm AA guns.
Also, I've read that 180mm B-1-Ps (also used on Kirov-class cruisers) were proposed as main armament for it — this version appears in WoWS under the name Tallin. But they were finally rejected, probably due to production reasons (restarting manufacturing of 152mm guns took less time than 180mm ones).

I see!
Hmm, I know of a plain Project 83 probably from 1941, which is a minimal change to the design, same main guns and heavy AA but likely Soviet Light AA and gun directors.
There is also an OTZ design I have limited data of, same main guns but 12x1 100mm DP-AA and 12x1 37mm 70-K AA guns and a single triple torpedo tube and soviet aircrafts from again 1941 but according to my data the belt armour was increased to whopping 203mm!

Maybe our resident Russian members could provide more info?

_Sarcasticat_ or any others have you ever came across of a mention of the German Mogami? A KMS Light cruiser proposals with 5 triple 15cm guns?
That one is a bit of a mystery. The only information I actually know of about it is from that exact forum post you just linked. Other than that, I've personally never have been able to find much about it. From what it seems like, nobody really knows much about it. At least from my research.

I found some photos and blueprints of 30mm FLAK M/44 and 30mm FLAK 103 so here they are. I have question about the last picture of FLAK 103 in zwilling mount, if it was even proposed to mount only two of them on quadruple mount.

Attachments

• 30 FLAK 103-38 3D.png
    30 FLAK 103-38 3D.png
    385.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 6.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 6.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 5.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 5.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 4.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 4.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 32
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 3.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 3.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 2.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 2.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 32
  • 30 FLAK 103 foto 1.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 foto 1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 FLAK 103 bl 3.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 bl 3.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 FLAK 103 bl 2.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 bl 2.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 29
  • 30 FLAK 103 bl 1.jpg
    30 FLAK 103 bl 1.jpg
    744 KB · Views: 36
  • 30 FLAK M-44 foto 2.jpg
    30 FLAK M-44 foto 2.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 30 FLAK M-44 foto 1.jpg
    30 FLAK M-44 foto 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Does anybody have blueprint of Europa in same style as is this blueprint of Scharnhorst?

Attachments

• RM_25_15775.jpg
    14.2 MB · Views: 40
Hello everyone.
I am not dead (I promise).
I am (for the most part) on the other side of the world from home for a while yet, and internet is not readily accessible at the moment, so keeping up with all of this is basically impossible. Regardless, it is good to see that posting on the thread has continued. I will have to comb through this new info when I get home...whenever that will be.
KM have any new 17cm gun design in WWII ?
A 17cm gun was considered for the M-class cruisers during their design, but was dropped...no doubt because there was no turret and dedicated naval gun, and weight was a concern as well. However, a good conversion project in the form of the 17cm Kanone 18 (a land-based artillery piece) would have been perfect, in my opinion, for the second batch of vessels (Kreuzer Q).
Hello, I'm happy to be a part of this great thread.

////
Hello Junef, I'm glad to have you - another great member to our crew here. Only able to briefly read over your comments, but I am very interested to dig into them further at a later date. As a request, do you have anything related to the 15cm/48 SK/TK C/36? Specifically the twin, where detailed interior drawings are, at the moment, nonexistent - even in NavTechEU.
Hate to ask again, but is there any updates on this?
I will provide as soon as I can get to place with sufficiently good internet to upload...should not be long now, but I haven't forgotten entirely! Please do not hesitate to poke me, I do have lapses on occasion (I can be easily distracted...as of late it's been WWII German and WWI US uniforms and equipment that has captivated and stolen 99% of my interest/attention).
_Sarcasticat_ or any others have you ever came across of a mention of the German Mogami? A KMS Light cruiser proposal with 5 triple 15cm guns?
The man who created these series of models included a bunch of "fake", "alt-history", and real designs. I consider this super-Nurnberg to be an almost certainly fake design, but apparently it's from Schichau, so I cannot entirely rule it out. Schichau, as far as my memory serves, was only trusted with the construction of small craft (such as Torpedo boats, Fleet torpedo boats, etc) and nothing larger given they were not a true German yard. Perhaps they created a draft for a light cruiser based on their experience - which is little, given how dated the design appears, and might even be based off of Emden - but was ultimately shelved very early. It's not an impossible design, but it's a bit mythical. A bit of a German naval Bigfoot. We can't know for sure until somehow someone can pry open Schichau's archives and find out for sure.
To be fair, if the Type 1934 destroyer prototype from Schichau was not included in Z-Vor! and I had only seen the thing on the internet, what with it's twin 12.8cm guns and Flottentorpedoboot-esque appearance, I would have thought it a fake design too.
I found some photos and blueprints of 30mm FLAK M/44 and 30mm FLAK 103 so here they are. I have question about the last picture of FLAK 103 in zwilling mount, if it was even proposed to mount only two of them on quadruple mount.
A lot of these are common photos but a couple I haven't seen before, thanks!
I wish there was more detailed information on the 3cm guns.
There was, in fact, a twin mount being created for the M44 for use on Schnellboote. I believe I saw this in a Waffen-Revue. No drawings or anything, just like the 3.7cm Flak 43 Flakvierling that was briefly talked about as well. Understandably, the latter project did not make it very far as the power of the 3.7cm is too much...3cm was already pushing it. However, if you look at the Flottentorpedoboot 1944, you will also see twin 3cm M44s in a very vaguely drawn twin mount.
Another interesting detail is that the 3cm MK 103 was planned to receive a 1.8m barrel (for its land AA role) which would have increased its caliber to 3cm/60 iirc - much better suited for anti-aircraft. 3cm/44 is a bit short.

-

Look forward to seeing more from you guys.
V/R,
- Sarcasticat.