Well it looks much better with the heavier secondary and AA armament

RM 3/24162 - Entwürfe für den "Gr. Kreuzer 1914" (Designs of Large Cruiser 1914) - dated 1913, if anyone want to check (its fully digitalized), this folder contains a number of preliminaries led to Mackensen, from armed with 34cm, 35cm and 38cm.

Are there any information about H-42 dimensions , like waterline length or armor schemes atc. ?

Are there any blueprints of 45cm , 48cm or 50,8cm gun meant for use on later H-class battleships?

I need some help finding out accurate and provable AA armaments for Emden 1938-1942 if anyone has such information.

I am finding it impossible to find out what's quack or fact; it seems to be all wack, that's for sure. Plans not lining up with War Diary entries or sources such as Breyer/Groner/Whitley/etc. Very annoying.

Were there 2cm or 3.7cm single AA guns 1939-40?
Were there actually only 4x1 2cm guns on Emden in 1941?
When did Emden actually receive her 3.7cm single guns over her experimental Flakvierlings (installed 1940)?

So many questions, too little photos (and they're all blurry as hell).

Edit
Checking Emden's War Diary, I found that she was only equipped with 3x1 8.8cm L/45 and 4x1 2cm/65 C/30 when she was attacked by British bombers on 04 September 1939. One such bomber was defeated with a 2cm C/30, and as such the importance of the weapon was noted, causing the captain to take onboard another two guns in collapsing mounts - bringing the total up to the more well-known 6x1 guns. Two Flakvierling prototypes would be added in 1940.
The 3.7cm (2 or 4) guns that Groner makes note of in his book are not mentioned at all, nor are they in any subsequent action until later in the war (1942 on plans, even).

Last edited:
Navypedia's closest to reality, though it doesn't mention the change to 2x3 53.3cm TT and the inclusion of the 3.7cm/83 singles in 1942.

And what about 30,5cm SK C39 L56
Fitted as coastal battery mount, at least 1 (2?) sketches of them from what i found.
quadruple 28cm SK C34 L54
Have not founded yet, the turret only mentioned on panzerschiff D for 8 guns proposals (but there's also a twin 28.3cm C/33 possibly considered for alternative 8 gun layout).

I wonder what Germany would had used the Zenker Monitor design if built.

Zenker Monitor
You mean the I/35? am thinking Kriegsmarine would operate her like how they did with old pre-dreadnoughts, having a bigger punch are certainly worth it (the original purpose of I/35 was to use long-range 35cm bombard against French ports and their aging battleships something like that).

Yes I/35. Say two Deutschlands and two Monitors. Though 3-4x I/10 Heavy Cruisers would be the best value having good experince for the next cruiser design.

Beyond H-41, they're mostly speculated, you can look up here.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Alexi. FWIW, I'm collecting some of the information gathered here for an eventual version 2.0. I have a couple of other projects in the meantime.

And are there informations about H-41 battleship, like armour scheme and etc.

I have found these blueprints on the disc you have on first page. I thought that this is H-40 B but the length isn´t right and superstructure is same as on H-39.
Left one is steam turbine powered design and right side is H-39/42, bigger than H-39 (close to H-41 size), there's one preliminary H-39 with 16x15cm guns (only data) in RM-6.
I have found these blueprints on the disc you have on first page. I thought that this is H-40 B but the length isn´t right and superstructure is same as on H-39.
Left one is steam turbine powered design and right side is H-39/42, bigger than H-39 (close to H-41 size), there's one preliminary H-39 with 16x15cm guns (only data) in RM-6.
Do you think this?
That's gotta be fake. I don't think they mixed 12.8cm and 15cm even in their wildest designs.

There is 1 H-class design with x16 15cm guns though.
I've looked into page 31 of the RM_6_60 and can only find this, so can you guy show me the exact file ?

Attachments

• RM_6_60_0063.jpg
    RM_6_60_0063.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
I have only this

(from Erich Gröner "Die deutschen Kriegsschiffe 1815-1945 Bd.2")

Attachments

• 6PbULJOA3O.png
    6PbULJOA3O.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Early evolution of the Panzerschiff P - class: schemes of preliminary studies with 2 and 3 turrets of the main caliber and various armor options

Panzershiff P_early.jpg

The source of the preliminary P-class are founded in RM7 "Seekriegsleitung der Kriegsmarine" but its non digitalize, two more files mentioned about mysterious armored ship "F" plans and preliminaries (later into battleship "F").

The source of the preliminary P-class are founded in RM7 "Seekriegsleitung der Kriegsmarine" but its non digitalize, two more files mentioned about mysterious armored ship "F" plans and preliminaries (later into battleship "F").
Thank you. If it is deemed possible, I can post a part of the text from S.Breyer's book, "Schlachtschiffe und Schlachtkreuzer 1921 - 1997", describing the evolution of Panzerschiff P and subsequent Handelszerstorer projects.

Do you know anything about u-boots type XII,XIX or XX?

Attachments

• U-Boat-Types1.jpg
    U-Boat-Types1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 108

Type XII Large U-boat project

A fleet U-boat design from 1938. 8 torpedo tubes, 6 at the bow and 2 at the stern, all below the CWL. This boat was to carry 20 torpedoes and no mines. The gun armament was to be the same as for the type IX boats. No contracts granted for these boats.

Type XIX freighter U-boats

Designed by the OKM from the XB plans in late 1942. Those large vessels were nor armed with any offensive armament, only AA guns, as they were only for transportation of material. Those plans were preliminary for the type larger XX U-boats and no contracts were awarded.

Type XX freighter U-boats

Designed in 1943 by AG Weser and the OKM (German Navy High Command) as transport U-boats to carry material from the Far East. They were based on the type XB mine layers. They could carry 800 tons of material and they had no torpedo tubes and no deck gun, only AA armament. They were to have a crew of 6 officers and 52 men. 30 contracts granted, 15 to Deutsche Werft in Hamburg (U-1601 thru U-1615) and 15 more (U-1701 thru U-1715) to Vegesacker Werft in Bremen-Vegesack. Of those 30 contracts only 3 (U-1701 thru U-1703) were continued after 15 Aug 1944, but none was completed and their construction was halted in early 1945.

source: https://uboat.net/

About the H-39/42 design i replied last months, it's possibly the redesign of H-41 battleship.

Type XII Large U-boat project

A fleet U-boat design from 1938. 8 torpedo tubes, 6 at the bow and 2 at the stern, all below the CWL. This boat was to carry 20 torpedoes and no mines. The gun armament was to be the same as for the type IX boats. No contracts granted for these boats.

Type XIX freighter U-boats

Designed by the OKM from the XB plans in late 1942. Those large vessels were nor armed with any offensive armament, only AA guns, as they were only for transportation of material. Those plans were preliminary for the type larger XX U-boats and no contracts were awarded.

Type XX freighter U-boats

Designed in 1943 by AG Weser and the OKM (German Navy High Command) as transport U-boats to carry material from the Far East. They were based on the type XB mine layers. They could carry 800 tons of material and they had no torpedo tubes and no deck gun, only AA armament. They were to have a crew of 6 officers and 52 men. 30 contracts granted, 15 to Deutsche Werft in Hamburg (U-1601 thru U-1615) and 15 more (U-1701 thru U-1715) to Vegesacker Werft in Bremen-Vegesack. Of those 30 contracts only 3 (U-1701 thru U-1703) were continued after 15 Aug 1944, but none was completed and their construction was halted in early 1945.

source: https://uboat.net/
Thank you for answering. I found these shipbucket drawings of type XII, do you think it is realistic?

Attachments

• U-boot type XII 1.png
    U-boot type XII 1.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 88
  • U-boot type XII 2.png
    U-boot type XII 2.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 122
About the H-39/42 design i replied last months, it's possibly the redesign of H-41 battleship.
Hi Alexi.

Yes, I agree, this sounds like the 15 Nov 1941 redesign that Dulin & Garzke mentioned. (pg 320)

Do you have drawings of Destroyer type Range Finders / Directors? Preferably late war?

Do you have this blueprint of Europa in one photo or without the right pillow? I want to make model of Europa and I need to print the blueprint.

Attachments

• Europa bl 3.jpg
    Europa bl 3.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 116