Iranian overhaul/upgrade projects.

kaiserbill

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I searched the entire forum, as well as sub forums, but couldn't really find a topic to put these under.

These were posted recently on another forum, and may be interesting to shed some light on this topic.

No idea of the accuracy, but it does have quite a bit of detail.

Mods, if you feel it belongs elsewhere, feel free...etc...

First, the story behind the ex-Iraqi Su-22 Fitters.

Edited.

Basically, the Iranians are starting to induct the Su-22's flown over from Iraq during the Gulf War.
They'd been in poor shape, and they had tried previously to overhaul them with Ukranan assistance, but it was too expensive.
After a period of storage, their local overhaul facilities have now finally started overhauling them locally, and they plan to possibly induct 2 squadrons worth.

The F-4 Phantoms are also being overhauled, and have MFD's in the cockpit, and the ability to fire Chinese anti ship missiles and Russian IR AAM's.
They have about 50 Phantoms ready at any stage.

Kaiserbill, be aware of the forum rules.
Forum Rules 7.0 said:
NEVER post images or whole pages from currently available books or magazines without the permission of the copyright holder.
A summary of the articles would serve the disscusion in ths forum better. :)

- The MiG-29s come under Shahid shahmohammadi and F-4E/Ds come under Dowran Upgrade program , and the F-14s come under a program called Ba'baie.
- Still Most (almost all ) of the F-4E/Ds do not have MFDs. (i say because most of the did not even gone through the phase I upgrade program).
- Although 2-3 F-4Es have been fitted with MFDs as a testbed and 1 F-4D.