I "love" how random people "stealing" online documents and "copyrighting" them by putting their online name on the image...
Never the less nice finds. The superstructure elements look British so I presume Vickers were the designer.

According to one site the half sister of Yat Sen would had been named Jen Shen or that was a different ship?

These ships are much closer to gunboats then to cruisers I think.

The Improved Yat Sen design looks Japanese. Can you link to the documents? There should be lengthy description pages as well.

I "love" how random people "stealing" online documents and "copyrighting" them by putting their online name on the image...
Never the less nice finds. The superstructure elements look British so I presume Vickers were the designer.
Weibo will automatically watermark the uploaded images

The Improved Yat Sen design looks Japanese. Can you link to the documents? There should be lengthy description pages as well.
I'm trying but haven't found it yet
The design is basically done by Chinese designers ,design based on smaller river gunboats
bigger and bigger
b60c34d9da2546669f9d41266fe114ae_th.jpeg 739802227eaf49cf8d272ad5c3f25162_th.jpeg a2611cbba81c41249b3869cd90db3ba3_th.jpeg fea030a5ee3d49998764a08430092046_th.jpeg 29ea0418c2ec4aa596c5ab073c50997a_th.jpeg

Last edited:
I meant this @scharnhorstzly fellow.
Do we know the origin of the weapons of Yat Sen? Was it Japanese or British? Both had 6", 5,5", 4,7", 4" and 3" guns. Though that 4" gun designation seems British. IJN only used two 10cm guns the Submarine equipped 10cm/50 Type 88 and the excellent AA gun the 10cm/65 Type 98

I meant this @scharnhorstzly fellow.
Do we know the origin of the weapons of Yat Sen? Was it Japanese or British? Both had 6", 5,5", 4,7", 4" and 3" guns. Though that 4" gun designation seems British. IJN only used two 10cm guns the Submarine equipped 10cm/50 Type 88 and the excellent AA gun the 10cm/65 Type 98
Well,In China, This watermark is usually provided by the platform ,not the user
and about Yat Sen‘s weapons
main gun,generally recorded as the German (or Netherland)150mm gun
But looks more like a Bofors 150mm gun
无标题.png
Polish 150mm Bofors Coastal Gun
4-bff584287a037404bcbd4591f1c9cd58.jpg
AA guns
无标题.png
无标题.png
Probably also a Bofors AA gun
The tail gun is simple, the early design is a Japanese 120mm 3rd Year Type,Actually installed a 140mm 3rd Year Type

Well, I found it (to be exact, I asked scharnhorstzly for the keyword)
Interesting, the ship with three 140 guns is called new Yat Sen
https://aa.archives.gov.tw/ELK/SearchDetailed?SystemID=MDAwMDE2MTc5NA==
seems to be italian
a crazy fantasy plan,Post-war plan to build a large fleet in ten years(More likely to extort budget)
QQ图片20220610014942.jpg QQ图片20220610014949.jpg

Seven 30,000-ton battleships, eight 12-inch guns(Red word changed to 14 inches), speed28 knots(Red word changed to 30 knots)
Twelve 24,000-ton aircraft carriers,carry 30 aircraft (Red word changed to 50),speed 0 knots
Twelve 10,000-ton cruisers,Nine 8-inch guns,speed33knots
Thirty-six 1,500-ton destroyers,33knots(40knots) ten 21-inch torpedoes
Eighteen 1,000-ton submarines,12knots,six 21-inch torpedoes
Sixty 40-ton PT boats,60knots(changed to 50)two 21-inch torpedoes

Well, I found it (to be exact, I asked scharnhorstzly for the keyword)
Interesting, the ship with three 140 guns is called new Yat Sen
https://aa.archives.gov.tw/ELK/SearchDetailed?SystemID=MDAwMDE2MTc5NA==
seems to be italian
a crazy fantasy plan,Post-war plan to build a large fleet in ten years(More likely to extort budget)
View attachment 679361View attachment 679362

Seven 30,000-ton battleships, eight 12-inch guns(Red word changed to 14 inches), speed28 knots(Red word changed to 30 knots)
Twelve 24,000-ton aircraft carriers,carry 30 aircraft (Red word changed to 50),speed 0 knots
Twelve 10,000-ton cruisers,Nine 8-inch guns,speed33knots
Thirty-six 1,500-ton destroyers,33knots(40knots) ten 21-inch torpedoes
Eighteen 1,000-ton submarines,12knots,six 21-inch torpedoes
Sixty 40-ton PT boats,60knots(changed to 50)two 21-inch torpedoes
B5018230601_0018_771.jpg

Interesting, in that first line with Yat Sen-kai, a destroyer that was archived in the wrong spot?

Very limited superstructure elements, Very small armament of 3 guns around 3-4" calibre one torpedo launcher twin or triple no visible AA armament, Curved boiler air intakes instead of ventilator shafts, I would say 1910's.

Edit: There is a stamp on the right side which states copyright law 1901.06.19 - 1910.05.22 so I presume between that timeframe.

Very limited superstructure elements, Very small armament of 3 guns around 3-4" calibre one torpedo launcher twin or triple no visible AA armament, Curved boiler air intakes instead of ventilator shafts, I would say 1910's.

Edit: There is a stamp on the right side which states copyright law 1901.06.19 - 1910.05.22 so I presume between that timeframe.
The picture says this is a vessel for "Zollüberwachung", which is likely to be a patrol vessel for the Chinese Customs:confused:

34 kt custom ship with torpedoes... But yes there are curious details here, such as only one TT aparatus (twin or single?) and no nothing on the position behind the mainmast and what appears to be an Austrian flag?

34 kt custom ship with torpedoes... But yes there are curious details here, such as only one TT aparatus (twin or single?) and no nothing on the position behind the mainmast and what appears to be an Austrian flag?
No, the KuK flag has the Austrian colours and the Austrian coat of arms inside it with a crown:
dfs.jpg

The German KM flag had a single headed eagle:
Deutsches_Reich_Flaggen.jpg

On the other hand the Russian used the double headed eagle:
1000px-Flagga_-_Sj%C3%B6historiska_museet_-_O_04933.jpg

But they used a simple white flag with blue cross on it not a horizontal lined one.

You are right, only the general porpotions of that flag resemples the K.u.K ensing...
also the Kingdom of yugoslavian naval ensing could match, so that raises even more questions

Indeed, it matches it almost perfectly:
m19_3825.jpg

And as you said it raises more questions because Yugoslavia did not exist until post WW1 specifically it came to being in 1918!

And as you said it raises more questions because Yugoslavia did not exist until post WW1 specifically it came to being in 1918!

Hm... A weird idea, but... could it be Tb47 - type torpedo boat, refitted into something like fast patrol ship? Yugoslavia have several Tb47-class torpedo boats after World War I. It may be plausible that one of them was suggested for sale to China.

Not sure.
The Yugoslavs had received the ex KuK Kaiman class (4 ships) and ex Tb 74 class (8 ships)
The Kaiman was around 210 tons the Tb 74 was 260tons neither is close to the 600tons.
But it's not impossible that the Yugos found some plans in the shipyards or in the Pola Naval Arsenal archives. Will ask Erwin Sieche about this.

could it be reconstruction of german Torbedoboot for Yugoslavia? Germans sold Niobe after her decommisioning back in 20's and converted her to a training ship, and the armament was brought from Skoda, as germans werent allowed to sell it armed. Could this be a bypass attempt to sell torbedoboats as "custom inspection ship?" ...and later tried to offer it to china as well?

There's no claim of copyrighting . It's more like a library stamp inside a book.

Bought this magazine
some of the mine torpedo school's pre-war ship plans, mostly torpedo boats like CMB and MAS, only a few larger support ships and China never got them
A German-built support ship was taken over by the German Navy and taken over by Denmark after World War II
Named Qi Jiguang(an ancient general famous for defeating Japanese pirates)
length 96.2 meters,full load displacement 2620 tons
Two 88mm main guns,Two twin 37mm guns and Four 20mm guns
Another one, built in Hong Kong, was captured by the Japanese and taken by the Dutch after the war
Named Tan Lun(also an ancient general)
length 223 feet Displacement 750 tons
Three 3-inch main guns
View attachment 672503View attachment 672504
Any information as to their names after completion?

Bought this magazine
some of the mine torpedo school's pre-war ship plans, mostly torpedo boats like CMB and MAS, only a few larger support ships and China never got them
A German-built support ship was taken over by the German Navy and taken over by Denmark after World War II
Named Qi Jiguang(an ancient general famous for defeating Japanese pirates)
length 96.2 meters,full load displacement 2620 tons
Two 88mm main guns,Two twin 37mm guns and Four 20mm guns
Another one, built in Hong Kong, was captured by the Japanese and taken by the Dutch after the war
Named Tan Lun(also an ancient general)
length 223 feet Displacement 750 tons
Three 3-inch main guns
View attachment 672503View attachment 672504
Any information as to their names after completion?
The German-built one is famous
Tan Lun has very little information

Attachments

• 8542312469_cea3c7977b_b.jpg
    8542312469_cea3c7977b_b.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 136
Named Tan Lun
Are any of the plans and ships shown the Tan Lun? Sorry I can't read Chinese
img-c817efd2224420466fa59530e91ac13e.jpg img-4928e9191efa46c98b1bb854a58b925c.jpg
Tan Lun was builting in Hong Kong and captured by the Japanese,when the ship is not finished yet
Japanese finished the ship,renamed it as Gyosei Maru.
When the Japanese surrendered, the ship was located in Indonesia and was taken over by the Dutch,named Luymes

Last edited:
Here are the original files on the Taiwanese archive found by a Japanese friend of mine, to save you have to right click and wait a few seconds to start (their servers ain't fast) or left click to view:

But I've uploaded them on my google drive account for easier download:
Could someone point me to which document the information for that 6,000 ton Cruiser by Netherlands/Germany is. I have been struggling locating it.

Not pre-PLAN, belongs in another thread.
Huh? Pretty sure a ship designed in 1914 pre-dates the formation of the People's Liberation Army Navy by about 30 years...

I have renamed the thread anyway to make it clear this thread is for pre-Communist Republic era ones.