"I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me"

Last edited:
TENCAP.JPG
From: https://thedebrief.org/mysterious-insignias-and-symbols-from-the-classified-world/

"TENCAP “exploits existing air, space, cyber, national and global ISR, and Non-Traditional ISR (NTISR) for operational and tactical applications by rapidly prototyping and providing capability demonstrations.” TENCAP is responsible for keeping abreast and influencing the design of future space systems for tactical applications."

"TENCAP was formally part of the Air Force’s Space Innovation & Development Center and U.S. Air Force Warfare Center, headquartered at Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada. The program’s current status isn’t entirely known. However, it’s most likely that TENCAP, or some iteration of it, now falls under the control of the newly formed Space Force."

"At least three known classified programs recently run by CAP are:"

• TALON SPITBALL: Next-generation aircraft developed by Ball Aerospace.
  • TALON PIKE: A counter-unmanned aerial systems program developed at Sandia National Laboratories. Possibly, the Mobile Adaptive/Reactive Counter Unmanned System, or MARCUS project.
  • TALON TACMOR: A classified technology prototype to expand air domain awareness and maritime domain awareness over the Western Pacific region run by BAE Systems of Australia.
  • The role of TENCAP’s “Special Applications” unit referenced in this morale patch is unknown. The term “Special” is invariably associated with highly-classified programs. According to the New York Times, TENCAP members created this particular morale patch for a secret Air Force program that mines spy satellite imagery for battlefield intelligence.
  • The Latin at the bottom of the patch, “Oderint Dum Metuant,” ominously translates to “Let them hate, so long as they fear.” The phrase is usually associated with the Roman emperor Caligula, whose name has become synonymous with madness and tyranny.

"Now, why they’d include an alien head and a Caligula quote in their insignia is a great mystery. Undoubtedly, it’s another ironic play on government secrecy and UFOs."
TALON SPITALL

I have spent some time trying to make out the shapes that could be depicting aircraft in these patches. Although Bird Of Prey is now well-known, I've also included it there because it's the most obvious example of how a seemingly insignificant shape can conceal an actual aircraft to those who don't know better.

I'm not making any claim towards authenticity or accuracy, this is speculative work but I've tried to do it as seriously as possible. Top picture shows the original patch, middle picture zooms in on a particular shape that seemed relevant, while bottom picture is an attempt to give the shape an aircraft plan look.
I think this is the shape that, while it may not be the most obvious, seems to lend towards a marriage of RQ-3 Darkstar front end and B-2 like trailing edge. It looks a little bit like a heel plate.

Attachments

• IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Still wondering what became of Project Minotaur, and the other flight test patches hinting at secret aircraft.

I would go with what was posted in the budget line and not the article from thedebrief.org. It appears that the text from the website was acquired from the budget document provided. I copied and pasted the article in quotes, but eliminated the "Cage 8 jam resistant antenna" as it was scored out.

Still wondering what became of Project Minotaur, and the other flight test patches hinting at secret aircraft.

If I recall correctly Minotaur did at least ground tests of propulsion components, likely a turboshaft that converts to a jet (ala X-wing). Minotaur was intended to be able to get on scene quickly (jet) then persist (flappy propellor)

Hello all, actually my first post here.
About badges that are officially unofficial, i can say that we had kinda the same thing in Iraq with the Royal Danish Army.
There was a endurance march called "100km march", nicknamed the deathmarch.
It was a 100km march during racetrack curcuits at Shaibah LOG base in Southern Iraq.
You had 24 hours to complete the 100km, going from 1200 to 1200 in combat uniform with fragvest, combat vest, rifle and ammo.
If you completed the march you got a unofficial medal that was a skull.
The medal was award at a formal ceromony but was not allowed to be worn at any official occasions or in day-to-day service in the military.
You had to complete the march and still be able to report for duty the next day, so only a handfull got the medal, because practically you only had 15-18 hours to complete it, and reporting in sick the next day due to the march was considered an attempt to avoid service without legal reason.
Therefore only so few was actually able to complete it and receive the medal.
Of course conspiracy theories arose among ignorants and people fanatically opposed to anything military, that claimed that you got the medal when you had killed 100 enemies.
The military officially denied any knowledge of the medal and no official statement ever supported its existence, only feeding those conspiracytheorists.
But since the military never officially issued the medal and it was not awarded through a official ceremony, it "did not exist".
But it did.
That story may give a reason for why some badges are not officially recognised or worn outside bases and on "off-duty" uniforms.
Of course each badge have its own story, only a few truly know the reason for.

More obscure patches from Trevor Paglen. The Scarecrow patch is really interesting. It has lighting bolts, most likely indicating electronic warfare and UAV shapes meant to be the birds. There's other patches he hasn't really uploaded them anywhere. The patch on the very right of the second image really interests me, because it looks like a Terminator and I'm a fan of the films.

Links: https://www.the8thfloor.org/the-watchers

Attachments

• TP+68_detail1.jpg
    TP+68_detail1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 0001 (1).jpg
    0001 (1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 35