Frankenweapons

Quingle

I really should change my personal text
I'm writing an article on "Frankenweapons," such as the "FrankenSAM" being developed for Ukraine. The definition of a Frankenweapon is blurry, but a reasonable definition would be a weapons system made up of components from multiple nations, or components from weapons that normally wouldn’t be combined.

Can anyone think of some good examples?

I'm writing an article on "Frankenweapons," such as the "FrankenSAM" being developed for Ukraine. The definition of a Frankenweapon is blurry, but a reasonable definition would be a weapons system made up of components from multiple nations, or components from weapons that normally wouldn’t be combined.

Can anyone think of some good examples?
The iraqi SA-6 fitted with an R-60/SS-8 IR Seeker
3M9-with-Aphid-Seeker-1S.jpg

Another one that comes to mind would be the iranian Rim66 mounted on the Hawk sam launcher back during the iran-iraq war era
5877610.jpg

Last edited:
British 3 inch aerial rocket launchers fitted to tanks for ground-to-ground use (from Wiki):

In 1945, some British M4 Sherman tanks were fitted with two or four rails – one or two either side of the turret – to carry 60-pound headed rockets. These were used at the Rhine Crossing by tanks of the 1st Coldstream Guards. The tanks were called "Sherman Tulips".