Focke Wulf - 'Schnellbomber' (1942)

Good stuff Peter! Nice design indeed... great as a 3D subject as well! ;)

I like that modified fake B-25 too, by the way.
The original B-25 image appears labelled as B-25H... ???

Thank you all.

Hmmm...a scratch build AND a 3D as possibilities.... ;D

I would dearly love to see both. Double icing on the cake that would be.

P

Gorgeous work Peter!
May I ask - what is the inspiration for the camoflage pattern in the second profile?

Hi Nick.
I used to have a programme add-on (at my old workplace) that exploded and splintered colours and shapes. I kept some of the results.
The inspiration for this one was 'Tundra' or lichens I suppose.

I have a few more I might use on my next set.

P :D

Hi all
my German language is very poor, but have I missed any reference to performance figures on the data pages?
Or are there any speed, service ceiling estimates for both these schnellbombers anywhere?

Many thanks
P
:)

In the scans in #5 by borovik max speed is given as 630 km/h at sea level and as 740 km/h
at 6.500 m. Maximum altitude is gevien as 11.300m and range between 1500km (60% power setting)
to 1750 km (45% power setting). Those estimates seem not to differ for the version with nose and
tail wheel.

".. my German language is very poor,"
Don't worry, every day on job I realise, that this is true for many Germans, too ! ;)

Thank you Jens.
My English is also, at times, abfall, if that's correct?

:) P

We are interested more in the really important aspects of an aircraft, which are shape
and style . Performance data, especially those, that had never been proven, are nothing
but smoke and mirrors and our brain is trained to blind out those unimportant things auto-
matically.
So, it's not "Abfall" (waste), but long time training to apply Occam's razor, something,
many younger people, who are still getting excited about Mach numbers and the like, still
have to learn ! ;)

Hi,

from its report,here is the face drawing to it.

Hi,

it was the Focke Wulf P.101014-22 Project,all details here;

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/FockeWulf/projekte/Focke%20Wulf%20Bomber%20222%20CD/Focke%20Wulf%20Projekt%20222%20CD.pdf

Another smoke and mirrors question.....
What might the bomb payload have been for these?

Many thanks
P

According to the datasheet for the "Schnellbomber with Jumo 222 engines"up to 2,000 kg internally,
or 3,000 kg (two aerial torpedoes) under the wings .