Fieseler Fi 166 Höhenjäger II

Justo Miranda

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
High altitude "Moskitojäger"

Fieseler Fi 166 Höhenjäger II typ TL-R-RuR tecnical data

Wingspan: 16 m, airplane length: 13 m, overall length: 15 m, height: 4.9 m, max weight: 5,930 kg, max speed: 830 km/h, service ceiling: 12,000 m, endurance: 45 min, power plant: two BMW P.3302 turbojets each rated at 550 kp thrust and one EMW rocket booster with 20,000 kp peak thrust, propellants: Visol and Salbei, electronics: R/T device and IR seeker of unspecified type. Pressurized cockpit.

Attachments

• 607.jpg
    607.jpg
    500.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 608.jpg
    608.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 609.jpg
    609.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Should be placed in the category "Fake, Speculative and Generic".

No, I don't agree that they should be placed in the category "False, speculative and generic", in this case all German projects should be placed in this category, which doesn't make sense because these projects have a real and studied documentary basis, except that they have never been realized concretely and that's not why they should be placed in this category. Take any project and you will see that it has gone through a preliminary phase and has resulted in a vision different from the initial design, however the first draft is only an unadopted design.

Hi Basil,

Should be placed in the category "Fake, Speculative and Generic".

I think all illustrations posted without a clear and unambiguous statement regarding their authenticity should be deleted from the board immediately.

I don't care if anything is a 1945 paper project or a 2023 internet user fantasy ... if the poster doesn't declare which category it belongs to in his initial post, I have no use for either of them.

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Justo's drawings are clearly labelled as "speculative drawing", while they are depicting aircraft, that
actually were designed by professionals of real aircraft manufacturing companies. If they really could
have left the ground, or if even those designers were fully aware, that they never would, is a different
story ...
To my opinion, we have the solution to the problem, how to mark the authenticity of a drawing here,
and we have it for quite a number of years !

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/source-grading.2849/

Of course, if someone posts a drawing from, say, a book or magazine, things could become difficult.
If you look into the plethora of books especially for modellers, you'll find lots of drawings, showing every
little detail, down to the smallest rivet. But I seldom found any mention of the basis, on which those drawings
were made. And I still have doubts, that MiG, Lockheed, Boeing, or whatever happily handed their original
drawings to those artists. So, the demand for stating the level of authenticity may be a harder task, than
it seems at first glance.

Hi Justo,

The magazine Luftfahrt History Heft 13 has several drawings of the Höhenjägers I & II TL Type-R & R (Fieseler Fi.166 high altitude fighter) dating from 4 December 1941.

Source grade 4

Thanks a lot, really appreciated, and I don't mean to imply in anyway that I'm not a big fan of your work.

If you'd have provided that information right in the first post, that would have been awesome!

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)

Hi Justo,

The magazine Luftfahrt History Heft 13 has several drawings of the Höhenjägers I & II TL Type-R & R (Fieseler Fi.166 high altitude fighter) dating from 4 December 1941.

Source grade 4

Thanks a lot, really appreciated, and I don't mean to imply in anyway that I'm not a big fan of your work.

If you'd have provided that information right in the first post, that would have been awesome!

Regards,

Henning (HoHun)
Thanks

I have preferred not to include too many texts because all this material will be published June in my next book GERMAN CONCEPT AIRCRAFT, VOLUME FIVE, VTOL 1933-1945.​