Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Nankivil

ACCESS: Top Secret
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All -

Interesting looking model - anyone know what it may be:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-40s-Experimental-Prototype-Rocket-Missile-Model-/270694175425?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f06a152c1

And description:

Here is an authentic Vintage 1940's/50's White Sands era Experimental Rocket-Boost Assisted Unknown Missile - Large Prototype Model with custom fitted wood case. This came from a retired Boeing Engineer's estate who worked in the missile and rocket divisions during the late 1940's into the 1960's. He spent some of his early years at the White Sands Proving Grounds during the late 40's-early 50's before relocating to Boeing. This authentic vintage 1940's-50's model is hand-made of wood and brass and is in very nice original condition. It is in as-found condition and has a perfect vintage patina so no cleaning or touch-up has been done. It has a few flaws and there is some felt residue stuck to the sides from the case as shown, but it has survived amazingly well and looks very impressive. I am no expert on vintage missile development, but as near as I can tell it looks like a prototype similar to the Bloodhound / Thunderbird / Reintochter / Navaho / Talos type of missiles. I was told this came up with him from White Sands. The Missile measures about 17" in overall length and about 5" diameter and weighs about 2 lbs. Very large and substantial model. The wooden case measures about 21" x 6" x 6" @ 8 lbs. Overall it is a very nice looking piece and will make an excellent addition to anyone's collection. Money back guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Enjoy the Day! Mark

Could it be from the Boeing Ground to Air Pilotless Aircraft (GAPA) missile program? -SP

Status
Not open for further replies.