Emotive words

uk 75

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
I should like to warn some posters who keep using emotive language like "racist", "fascist' or for that matter "woke" or "politicallly correct" to trash threads that I will now re-post the attached GIF until the mods remove the slur.

Attachments

• again-there-you-go-again.gif
    again-there-you-go-again.gif
    988.5 KB · Views: 8
It was customary among the medieval knights of my country not to return from a battle against the Muslims without some enemy blood staining the “Pendon”, a small cloth flag that was fastened on the end of the spears. Guys who hadn't managed to get into combat used to stick their spears into a corpse so as not to be accused of cowardice. That at the time was called “Alancear al moro muerto”. And it is not a racist expression but slightly ironic.

Neil Jordan's first film, Angel (1982), was set in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. The plot concerns revenge for a gang killing, not the Troubles themselves, though they hand over it, epitomised in a conversation between a police officer and a suspect. Trying to assure the suspect that he's neutral, the officer mentions that he's Jewish. The suspect replies, 'Are you a Catholic Jew or a Protestant Jew?'

Now we'd call that trolling, but anyway, the moral of the vignette is: not everything is an opportunity to push your agenda.

Good film, by the way.

Tangential, when my father was a young-teen in Liverpool, the Irish community notoriously divided to 'C vs P' during 'Marching Season'.

As he told it, you'd turn a street corner, come face to face with a group of youths, be accosted with 'Orange or Green ?'

One would get you a beating, the other reluctant recruitment until night-fall.

There was NO provision for neutrals.

The only rational response, he said, was to punch out the nearest, take to your heels, and go the long way around...

I should like to warn some posters who keep using emotive language like "racist", "fascist' or for that matter "woke" or "politicallly correct" to trash threads that I will now re-post the attached GIF until the mods remove the slur.

I would rather use Airplane "What a pisser !" with Ted Stryker baffled face.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmA7Nm4qvGE

ROTFL that face, really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom