Dornier New Projects

fightingirish said:
A planned floatplane version of the Dornier Do 28.
Dieses retuschierte Dornier-Werbefoto zeigt die Schwimmerversion der Do 28. Foto und Copyright: KL-Dokumentation
Source: http://www.klassiker-der-luftfahrt.de/geschichte/flugzeuge/dornier-do-28-zweimotorige-weiterentwicklung-der-do-27/653500

————————————————————————
That picture has West German registration.

Meanwhile, Job Works of Seattle, Washington proposed floatplane conversions of both Do 28A and 28D. Neither conversion entered production.

CIA affiliates used a few Do. 28As to provide clandestine support for anti-communist geurillas during the early days of the Vietnam War. Their STOL performance allowed them to serve tiny airstrips in the mountains of South East Asia. They were later replaced by Pilatus Porters.

hesham said:
Thank you my dears Toura and Richard,

and can I ask you my dear Toura,about the third project,they wrote on it,
number 599,did they mean Project number or not ?.

———————————————————————-

Interesting how they proposed one jet engine driving three lift fans! Amusing how the single engine exhausts forward!
The lift fans look tip-driven.
That pair of fans - under the wings - probably also provide cruise thrust.

As for launching missiles while hovering ....... Harrier and Yak VTOL programs proved that frightfully expensive in terms of fuel-burn!
Yikes!

We are curious about why Dornier felt the need to buy Flywhale when they already have the similar Dornier S-Ray in house?????????

We are curious about why Dornier felt the need to buy Flywhale when they already have the similar Dornier S-Ray in house?????????
This is pretty typical in the tech industries, if not necessarily wise. The purchase of a rival with a similar product increases market share by reducing real or perceived competition in a limited space. Sometimes, the target company may also have capabilities, factory space, suppliers, or technologies that your product does not. The acquisition lets you adopt whatever is missing from your product or, more often, lets you shut it down before it threatens "shareholder value".

I remember Do 324, Do 24/72 , Do ATT .....but what i have seen a beatiful Do-18 re-engined and modernized very well ! ;D
That prototype/conversion also got a totally new wing made of composites. It shares the same NG planform as the 228 commuter plane. The NG planform has a straight trailing edge and a swept leading edge like the latest fashion in Schumann planform wings is favored by leading competitors in parachuting, sailplanes and Reno Air Races.

Back in 1995, 7 Dornier 28D Sky Servants (square fuselage cross-section) were re-engined with Walter 601-D2 turbo-props (750 horsepower each). Now they haul skydivers in Europe.

Those Walter conversions seem to have been redesignated as Do 28-G92 (some sources say Do 128-G92). No idea what the significance of that new suffix might be ...