Did you draw planes as a kid ?

I used to draw aeroplanes all the time, but often derivatives. Ground attack MiG-29 derivatives, Hawker P.1121s with bubble canopy and LERX... the odd stealth fighter, lots and lots of A-10 class twin boom designs with canards and FSW... not in the same league though. I did a front quarter MiG-29 pencil sketch from a photo in art class when I was about 13 that actually looked fairly good.
Have you published any scans of these drawings ?

After I came across the Convair Seadart in the late '60s I used to draw flying boat versions of Concorde. But then again I drew flying vampire tadpoles too, so..........

Fun stuff here. :cool:

Drew plenty of airplanes in childhood, especially since Dad and Granddad were each pilots for a season of their lives.
The wrinkle in the fabric is that my childhood was in the 1960s and 1970s and time and distances moved have led to loss of any drawings which had been retained except for maybe 3 which my parents still have tucked away in a photo album.
(and my stuff getting soaked when an apartment above mine burned in 1990s didn't help with preservation of old papers)

Most of my childhood airplane drawings were in the last dozen pages or so of school notebooks.
At end of school year those notebooks were discarded.
Those last pages were also shared with occasional tanks and spacecraft.

Remember other airplane (and spaceship) drawings done specifically for pinning to some tree trunk or another in our back yard and tossing darts at.

A few drawings were done of potential designs fro freelance stick and tissue models.

There was great satisfaction and fulfillment in drawing airplanes for whatever purpose or just because for no purpose except having fun drawing airplanes. :)
Likely still would be drawing airplanes if autoimmune disease wasn't messing with my hands.
So,
fellow forum members, and general public,
draw what you can while you can,
your drawing days might end.

Fun stuff here. :cool:

Drew plenty of airplanes in childhood, especially since Dad and Granddad were each pilots for a season of their lives.
The wrinkle in the fabric is that my childhood was in the 1960s and 1970s and time and distances moved have led to loss of any drawings which had been retained except for maybe 3 which my parents still have tucked away in a photo album.
(and my stuff getting soaked when an apartment above mine burned in 1990s didn't help with preservation of old papers)

Most of my childhood airplane drawings were in the last dozen pages or so of school notebooks.
At end of school year those notebooks were discarded.
Those last pages were also shared with occasional tanks and spacecraft.

Remember other airplane (and spaceship) drawings done specifically for pinning to some tree trunk or another in our back yard and tossing darts at.

A few drawings were done of potential designs fro freelance stick and tissue models.

There was great satisfaction and fulfillment in drawing airplanes for whatever purpose or just because for no purpose except having fun drawing airplanes. :)
Likely still would be drawing airplanes if autoimmune disease wasn't messing with my hands.
So,
fellow forum members, and general public,
draw what you can while you can,
your drawing days might end.
You are absolutely right ! I am approaching the 70 spring and it’s crazy that the speed of the days passes faster and faster ... and there are so many planes that I would have liked to design, improve and fly ... at least on a small scale !

Attachments

• 2SUPERLANCASTER-HL.jpg
    2SUPERLANCASTER-HL.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 27
Tried to create a MB-140 out of a MB-175/

The MB-140 was almost ready to fly in June 1940 when the Germans stormed Paris. Bloch could only destroy it and all related paperwork and pictures. Nothing has survived.

Would have been a nice in-between Mosquito and Lancaster. MB-174 reconnaissance flights (Saint Exupéry !) already escaped Bf-109Es. MB-140 would have been even better.

Just like the MB-157, it was the beginning of Dassault "magic touch". It was nixed by the 1940 defeat and reborn by 1947. And the rest is History.

Capture d'écran 2024-01-12 153206.png

Last edited:
Tried to create a MB-140 out of a MB-175/

The MB-140 was almost ready to fly in June 1940 when the Germans stormed Paris. Bloch could only destroy it and all related paperwork and pictures. Nothing has survived.

Would have been a nice in-between Mosquito and Lancaster. MB-174 reconnaissance flights (Saint Exupéry !) already escaped Bf-109Es. MB-140 would have been even better.

Just like the MB-157, it was the beginning of Dassault "magic touch". It was nixed by the 1940 defeat and reborn by 1947. And the rest is History.
If Bloch-Dassault is a beautiful source of inpiration, there are many others ... In his time, not long ago, Tophe had extrapolated this Ju-788 Zwilling from my Ju-588 four-engine ... Revisiting established concepts is a rare delight ! ;)

Attachments

• 20230428-Ju-788 TOPHE.jpeg
    20230428-Ju-788 TOPHE.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 16
For you dear Southwestforests ! This hypotetic four engined japanese bomber I draw some 30 or 40 years ago ...
To finish on this "heavy" Japanese, last year I reviewed its shape seen from above ... You never know, in 2.50 m wingspan powered by 4 brushless ...

Attachments

• JAPANESE BOMBER MODIFIE 2023.jpg
    JAPANESE BOMBER MODIFIE 2023.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 15
I've been drawing airplanes, my own made up designs, my whole life. I'll have to see if I can find some of them and scan them in. Thanks everyone, for sharing your work with us. :)