Convair Manned Nuclear Interplanetary Vehicle

miraglia

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
Website
www.minifoguete.com.br
Someone has more technical information on this project?
I find this very interesting modular design developed by Krafft Ehricke.

Thanks
Miraglia
www.edgeofspace.org

Attachments

• Convair_Interplanetary_Ship_19.jpg
    Convair_Interplanetary_Ship_19.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 606
  • LIfe Ehricke models.jpg
    LIfe Ehricke models.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 585
  • czeskoslovakia_1963_space_mi_1401_canvar_3.jpg
    czeskoslovakia_1963_space_mi_1401_canvar_3.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 575
  • scan0020 (2).jpg
    scan0020 (2).jpg
    613.2 KB · Views: 572
  • Convair_Interplanetary_Ship_a.jpg
    Convair_Interplanetary_Ship_a.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 511
Here's another picture for that project, as well as two other Convair designs (at least one of them by Ehricke) showing somewhat similar thinking:

Attachments

• 12a2_12.jpg
    12a2_12.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 54
  • glencoeconvairsatellite.jpg
    glencoeconvairsatellite.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 63
  • Krafft Ehricke Convair Manned Lunar Reconnaissance Vehicle.jpg
    Krafft Ehricke Convair Manned Lunar Reconnaissance Vehicle.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 65
index.php

The French text reveal interesting operation
This a resupply mission to Moonbase
the two ships do crash into lunar surface there structure and Tanks absorbs the shock
while the cargo is protected by two airbags for final ground contact while the craft drop down dead...

Michel Van said:
while the craft drop down dead...

...Yessir, I can imagine that a fall from that height even at 1/6th G might hurt quite severely.

;D ;D ;D

:OM:

My 3d design for 3d printing

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1276509/convair-nuclear-interplanetary-vehicle.html?li=search-results&materialId=6

Miraglia
www.edgeofspace.com.br

Attachments

• nuclear_interplanetary_vehicle_by_Miraglia_01.jpg
    nuclear_interplanetary_vehicle_by_Miraglia_01.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 63
I recall reading a couple of books that had that illustration of dropping off cargo on the Moon. In both the ships re-boosted back to Earth after the drop and were not "crashers" as the French text notes. Can't recall the books though, the "delivery" method always struck me as a bit funny but then again it kept from having to land and launch (or crash) "hot" nuclear engines on the Moon...

Randy

RanulfC said:
I recall reading a couple of books that had that illustration of dropping off cargo on the Moon. In both the ships re-boosted back to Earth after the drop and were not "crashers" as the French text notes. Can't recall the books though, the "delivery" method always struck me as a bit funny but then again it kept from having to land and launch (or crash) "hot" nuclear engines on the Moon...

Randy
i just translate the French Text

It would make much more sense, if the Nuclear stage just brake speed over Lunar surface,
then drop cargo in airbag and return to Earth orbit for refuel and new cargo

Michel Van said:
RanulfC said:

Randy
i just translate the French Text

Understood :) No "commentary" on our abilities suggested!

It would make much more sense, if the Nuclear stage just brake speed over Lunar surface,
then drop cargo in airbag and return to Earth orbit for refuel and new cargo

Then again when has "making sense" been a neccessary part of a government operation? :)

Randy