C-130 Hercules sales and associated developments (not secret projects)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
beyondthesprues.com
A thread for the bird that just keeps going and going...a worthy successor to the DC-3/C-47 arguably.

Note this thread is not for experimental or secret projects but rather for those sales and other developments (e.g. in service upgrades).

When something works this well, it does make sense. Not as if the aircraft are shabby or fall down on the job, Airbus, cough.

And yet, I also found this which states they're going to spend $70 million on upgrading the C-27J's.... :rolleyes:

Regards
Pioneer

If the RAAF does ditch the C-27J, are there any Civil groups within Australia they could be sold to? Flying Doctors or aerial firefighting perhaps?
Probably wouldn’t want to given their are supportability issues.

And yet, I also found this which states they're going to spend $70 million on upgrading the C-27J's.... :rolleyes:

Regards
Pioneer
Left hand not talking to right hand…

Regards
Pioneer

Different timelines, though. Crypto upgrades for the C-27 now through 2026. The first new C-130 deliveries not until at least 2030, meaning some C-27s could be around well beyond that.

24 Herks approved by Washington

WASHINGTON, November 2, 2022 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Australia of C-130J-30 aircraft and related equipment for an estimated cost of $6.35 billion. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today.