AM

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
hi all

Attachments

• Bleriot-SPAD.doc
    496.5 KB · Views: 103
Hi,

S.8 was two seat fighter,developed from S.7.
S.9 was single seat fighter,derivative of S.7,with motor gun (they said, moteur canon).
S.10 was single seat seaplane,was S.7 on floats.
S.19 was two seat recce/fighter developed from S.11
S.23 was single seat fighter with Salmson engine.
S.72 was single seat fighter project of 1923,I will check about it.

http://www.vignaud.org/Gestion_BD/Recherche.php

Last edited:
By the way,

S-6 was SJ
S-9 was SG

Last edited:
hesham said:
By the way,

S-6 was SJ
S-9 was SG

Here is some corrections,additions and details;

S-6 was a single seat fighter Project,powered by one 130 hp rotary engine
S-23 was a single seat fight biplane Project of 1918,with Salmson engine
S-35 was a single-seat fighter biplane,intended for Chile,powered by 180 hp HS 8Ab engine
S-52 was a two-seat tourer and sporting biplane,based on S-29,powered by 120 hp Rhone engine
S-251 was a single seat fighter biplane Project of 1936,developed from S-51/4,powered by Jupiter
9Ab engine
S-921 was a developed version of S-92,powered by 175 hp Salmson 9Ne engine
S-923 was a developed version of S-922,powered by 300 hp Lorraine 9 Na engine
S-924 was a developed version as aerobatic aircraft
S-410 was a single seat sequiplane fighter Project for Jockey Program,based on S-91/7 & S-91/8
SA.1 to SA.5 were a well know aircraft
SB was a two-seat military and recce monoplane of 1914,remained a Project
SC was a three-seat biplane multi-role aircraft,based on SA.3,but powered by one 20 hp Renault
engine
SD was a four-seat bomber biplane of 1915,powered by one 240 hp Panhard engine
SE was a four-seat heavy bomber biplane,powered by two 220 Renault engines
SF was a single seat canard fighter of 1916,never completed
SG was a two-seat fighter biplane,based on SA.2,powered by 110 hp Rhone 9J engine
SH was a single seat fighter biplane of 1916,powered by 140 hp HS engine
SI was a single seat multi-role biplane of 1916,powered by 130 hp rotary engine
SJ was a single seat fighter biplane,powered by 130 hp rotary engine,S-6 ?
SK was a twin-engined fighter biplane,never completed,powered by two 150 hp HS engine

Last edited:
hesham said:
hesham said:
By the way,

S-6 was SJ
S-9 was SG

Here is some corrections,additions and details;

S-6 was a single seat fighter Project,powered by one 130 hp rotary engine
S-23 was a single seat fight biplane Project of 1918,with Salmson engine
S-35 was a single-seat fighter biplane,intended for Chile,powered by 180 hp HS 8Ab engine
S-52 was a two-seat tourer and sporting biplane,based on S-29,powered by 120 hp Rhone engine
S-251 was a single seat fighter biplane Project of 1936,developed from S-51/4,powered by Jupiter
9Ab engine
S-921 was a developed version of S-92,powered by 175 hp Salmson 9Ne engine
S-923 was a developed version of S-922,powered by 300 hp Lorraine 9 Na engine
S-924 was a developed version as aerobatic aircraft
S-410 was a single seat sequiplane fighter project for Jockey Program,based on S-91/7 & S-91/8
SA.1 to SA.5 were a well know aircraft
SB was a two-seat military and recce monoplane of 1914,remained a Project
SC was a three-seat biplane multi-role aircraft,based on SA.3,but powered by one 20 hp Renault
engine
SD was a four-seat bomber biplane of 1915,powered by one 240 hp Panhard engine
SE was a four-seat heavy bomber biplane,powered by two 220 Renault engines
SF was a single seat canard fighter of 1916,never completed
SG was a two-seat fighter biplane,based on SA.2,powered by 110 hp Rhone 9J engine
SH was a single seat fighter biplane of 1916,powered by 140 hp HS engine
SI was a single seat multi-role biplane of 1916,powered by 130 hp rotary engine
SJ was a single seat fighter biplane,powered by 130 hp rotary engine,S-6 ?
SK was a twin-engined fighter biplane,never completed,powered by two 150 hp HS engine

hi

in my list:
SC -two versions SC1 and SC2
SG -two versions SG1 *1 and SG2 *1
SH -SH1 = S.VII

Yes my dear AM,you are right,

and for Bleriot aircraft;

BL.XVI was a single seat high-wing monoplane,powered by one tractor engine
BL.XVII was a single seat shoulder-wing monoplane with open cockpit,powered by one tractor engine

Last edited:
hesham said:
and for Bleriot aircraft;

BL.XVI was a single seat high-wing monoplane,powered by one tractor engine
BL.XVII was a single seat shoulder-wing monoplane with open cockpit,powered by one tractor engine

B.LX (60) was a four engined bomber Project,need confirm
BL.LXV (65) was a two-seat triplane heavy fighter project,powered by one 200 hp Anzani engine
BL.110 & BL.111 were allocated twice
BL.185 was a twin engined bomber Project,not transport
BL.270 was a large air cruise aircraft Project,powered by four engines each two pairs mounted
in tandem above the wing in pylons,4 1000 hp HS 18Sb engines
BL.509 was a four engined transport seaplane Project,led to BZ-2,powered by four 280 hp Farman
9 Ebr engines
BL.1000 to BL.1015 were experimental aircraft Projects,no more details
BL.1016Z was an experimental monoplane Project,with seagull wing and retractable landing gear,1920
CITA-1 was a two-seat air taxi high-wing light transport Project,powered by one 90 hp Salmson 7 Ac
CITA-2 ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,, ,powered by one 120 hp Salmson 9 Ac
CITA-3 was a three-seat air taxi high-wing light transport Project,powered by one 120 hp Salmson 9 Ac
CITA-4 was a three-at floatplane Project version of CITA-3,powered by one 120 hp Salmson 9 Ac
CITA-5 was amphibian version with some changes in fuselage,powered by one 150 hp Salmson 7 AQ-03
pusher engine,mounted above the fuselage

Last edited:
Hi,

7L was a four-seat high seas maritime biplane flying boat Project of 1918,powered by four 220 hp HS engines

Hi hesham,

I have some interests in French projects during the Great War and pre war.
A couple of days ago I found this website.

For all participant of this thread I appreciate the work :)

The period between summer 1914 and summer 1915 is confused because there have been prototypes (there are gaps in the numbering between 47 and 70) but archives no longer exist. Perhaps even during this period few writings or plans were made. You had to go fast.

The Blériot LIII seems to have been designed for the October 1915 french bomber contest (Aka Concours des avions puissants). Specifications were too high and as consequence it was not retained. Contest was a failure even if 2 prototypes were chosen: Breguet SN & Paul Schmitt BR. There was no production start. A new contest in early 1916 has been planned but again without real success.

Recently you had Blériot LX as potential four engines bomber. Could you elaborate on this? Maybe for the same contest for that of 1916? What is your source?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Flamel,

and I am interested in French Projects in all time,and this Info was gotten from Internet from many
years ago,and in the book French Aircraft of the First World War,there was a picture for it.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 42
Thank you Hesham,

Nice pictures. I can see four Anzani 10 cyl. (in fact 2 x 5 cyl.) with Around 100-120 hp. Place is Bleriot AeroPark at Buc town. I'm pretty sure it was during autumn-winter 1915.
But number 60 is not mentionned. And i'ts the first time I see this number as Bleriot number ...
I know another pic from the same plane but I don't know it I can put URL address here in this forum ... (the website where the pic is displayed) ???

Regards

You can send the link or a picture by upload it with attach files button.

okay,

On the very interesting website of Albin Denis (thanks to him), you have to go to the specific page http://albindenis.free.fr/Site_escadrille/Ecoles_Buc.htm

Then search on "Quadrimoteur Blériot" pattern.

Note 1: This is a photo (©Jean Pierre Amigues) of the bomber (LX ??) being assembled with Anzani engines.

Note 2: Just above you have photos (©Jean Pierre Amigues) of the Blériot LIII (53) with its Renault engines. the legend indicates destruction of the prototype during tests in September of 1915

Regards

Thank you Flamel,

and yes,the two aircraft are very similar.

Recently you had Blériot LX as potential four engines bomber. Could you elaborate on this? Maybe for the same contest for that of 1916? What is your source?

Anther source for this Info is the Docavia book; Bleriot-Aeronautique

Attachments

• c.png
    c.png
    54.1 KB · Views: 34
Thank you for the LX source.

It seems that at least 3 differents Bleriot two engines bomber has been tested in october of 1915 with 3 differents engines:

- Renault 130hp V8 engine,
- Le Rhone 9 cyl 110 hp rotative engine
- Lorraine Dietrich AM 110hp 6 cyl. in-line engine

In fact, Type LIII (53) should rather be the model with the in-line engine rather than the one with the Renault V8 engine...
Still looking for documentation on this topic.

From aviation magazine 1976.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 23