Blender - Free 3D modelling & rendering

topspeed3

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
PlanesPictures said:
I'm sorry if I'm wrong with version. But I wanted to do this (or similar?) quit nice version with huge engines and it was told me it is fantasy. I hope Ucon will open its archive and will bring light in this. In all cases rendering are excellent. I was playing with idea to use Blender, too. It has functions for computing physics and there are possible very nice animation but for now I'm still playing with Vue. Last week I solved fatal problem why my animation of smoke controled by Python crashed after 69th frame. And it was Avatar rendered in Vue

Blender looks ok..how do I know if my computer is 32 or 64 bit system ?

PlanesPictures said:
In system info:
x64 - 64 bit system
x86 - 32 bit system

Thanks...I have intel7-2600 which seems to be 64 bit system
Blender threw me out when trying to download it ?

ucon said:
Hi, Marek!
Jozef is absolutely right - there was no RB-17 with Dervent. According to the annual reports they planed to study different variants (mentioned at least 8), but we did not find even raw sketches, though myasishchev's keep all documents very accurately.
What can I say else. Your RB-17 model is exellent, but colour scheme...Who invent it?)))
Anyway, my heart congratulations - very good job.
any questions - contact directly.
Best regards, Ucon

Thanks for information! This definitively finished RB-17/Dervent question :) Colour scheme... Hmmm... It is creation of my imagination ;)

@topspeed3: having I-7 2600 doesn't mean, that you have 64 bit OS. If you want to use 64 bit Blender you need adequate system. 32 bit version of Blender works on both - 32 and 64 bit OS.

Processor I-7 2600 has 64-bit instruction set but probably you can install 32- and 64-bit OS. In Control Panel find System or System info. In my home computer (Windows 7) I have directly note : "64-bit operating system" but on older OS (XP) it is important some x64 or x86. On 64-bit system you can run practically all 32-bit applications but I think 64-bit applications are on 64-bit operating system more effective. In all cases Blender is good free step inside 3D world.

Ok now I got it...albeit I have no clue how to get started. ;)

Tutorial somewhere ?

mrys said:
To be honest I'am also not sure about Dervent version - in text it is very small amount of information, but drawings and full data sheet with projected speed etc. It is signed as "OKB calculations". It is quite possible, that that version was ONLY calculations.

Do you use the real aeroplanes wingfoil when modelling or just Clark Y or similar ?