Bell V-247 armed Tiltrotor drone for the Marines

It's quite unique for a drone to lift so much. And it's the fastest!
I am not even sure that among the thousands Startups claiming to do vertical cargo delivery there is more than a couple dreaming of such numbers.

Bell has been working on TR UAS for better part of a decade, if not longer. At one point I think they had a AW 609 based TR UAS that they tested the waters with. I do agree that the numbers are, at best, a stretch goal.

Bell has been working on TR UAS for better part of a decade, if not longer. At one point I think they had a AW 609 based TR UAS that they tested the waters with. I do agree that the numbers are, at best, a stretch goal.

Interest goes back to the TR911X and Eagle Eye in the 1990s.

DARPA rotorcraft efforts rarely get past the good idea phase. Those that do even more rarely make it to production.

V247 and 360 Invictus for the USMC, Bell is doing something right with these platforms, evolves capabilities.

360 Invictus is dead. The primary customer declined to move forward with the program. USMC has deferred on the V-247 as well.

An unfortunate turn for both programs, although the V-247 could find a customer.