flitzer flash

ACCESS: Restricted
Reaction score
i did a quick search of this site for the above mentioned vehicle and found nothing so if there is a preexisting topic i am sorry for failing to discover its thread

i was looking for any info and/ or pics about this vehicle or these vehicles ( i know of the DP-2 ( the one which almost resembles the FMC36 tank) and the DP-3 ( which vaguely resembles a Cahr B design) but ive never seen any pics or info regarding this tank wether it was amphibious or not ( DP-2 wasnt, DP-3 was amphibious)

thanks

i did a quick search of this site for the above mentioned vehicle and found nothing so if there is a preexisting topic i am sorry for failing to discover its thread

i was looking for any info and/ or pics about this vehicle or these vehicles ( i know of the DP-2 ( the one which almost resembles the FMC36 tank) and the DP-3 ( which vaguely resembles a Cahr B design) but ive never seen any pics or info regarding this tank wether it was amphibious or not ( DP-2 wasnt, DP-3 was amphibious)

thanks
the DP-2 do not resemble the FCM36 at all

it was the amphibious tank proposed by Batignolles Chatillon during the modernization plan of 1935
France was trying to upgrade their armored capacity by getting a bunch of new tanks.
they got most of the WW2 tanks from that
the DP-2 was one of them. it was filling the role of an amphibious tank. it was kind of new for France. but it failed as the tank sunk into the lake during the trial. they tow it back out but the program was abandoned.
there was no infos about the DP-3. it was probably part of the modernization of 1940 which was in development (B40 replacing the B1bis, AM 40P replacing the AMD 35, AMX 38/39 replacing the R35, FCM 36 & H35. the FCM F1 Replacing the 2c, G1 replacing the D2 and S35 at the same time)
the DP-1 was a machine-gun version of this tank

o1594HF.jpg

Source : SHD Vincennes GR 7N 4209 (french military archive)

Last edited: