Aviation News Magazine September 2010 issue

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.aviation-news.co.uk/view_issue.asp?ID=874

Westland Jets
We asked Tony Britton to dig deep into his voluminous archives and tell us what Westland was doing in the early days of jet fighter design, finding a fascinating range of projects.

Article included in Aviation News September 2010 (Volume 72 No 9). Has anybody see it? I'd like to order but I'm not sure if this article worths the money or not.

Any description of the contents will be welcome,

thanks,
Antonio

On my way elsewhere today I nipped into a newsagents and had a quick look at a copy. The article is just 2 pages - 1 photo of a model on each page. I'm sure it said it was a 2nd part - I decided it was not worth £4 for just that article.

Regards,
Barry

Barrington Bond said:
On my way elsewhere today I nipped into a newsagents and had a quick look at a copy. The article is just 2 pages - 1 photo of a model on each page. I'm sure it said it was a 2nd part - I decided it was not worth £4 for just that article.

I had a quick look today as well. The article in this month's edition focuses on the 1950s era Javelin equivalent designs which are already fairly well covered in BSP. The wartime and early postwar jets were covered in the previous issue. The current issue has lots of glossy photos of Farnborough and Waddington airshows and is fairly thick for other stuff, but it is still £4.