Orionblamblam

ACCESS: USAP
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Website
www.aerospaceprojectsreview.com
Gah.

http://www.astronautix.com/index.html

Due to a persistent denial of service attack, astronautix.com has been taken off line. Thank you for your support over the last 17 years. I'll have to consider in what altered media, form, or other hosting arrangement the content of this site may reappear in the future.
Per aspera ad astra

Blast. This was a gold mine for anything space related. Many of their articles have been copied and posted elsewhere!

Hope the guy can find a solution soon.

NOOOOO

They finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell!

altough in last year was non activity or update on mark wade site

Orionblamblam said:
Due to a persistent denial of service attack, astronautix.com has been taken off line.
Whoever is responsible for the attacks: Find the 'lubbers and keelhaul 'em. Aarrr....
Regards & all, Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Drats I was hopping it was just a temporary problem. :(

Lauge said:
Whoever is responsible for the attacks: Find the 'lubbers and keelhaul 'em. Aarrr....
Regards & all, Thomas L. Nielsen
Luxembourg

Too Merciful, IMHO.

Why would anybody pick on a site that off the beaten path? I'd be willing to buy a DVD copy of it if he had it for sale. I wonder how many it would take to make it worth his while. Hmmm.

sferrin said:
Why would anybody pick on a site that off the beaten path? I'd be willing to buy a DVD copy of it if he had it for sale. I wonder how many it would take to make it worth his while. Hmmm.

Mark me down for a copy.

Oh no.... my first access was in 1998, and from since it was "the" guide for astronautics matter, anyway it was a couple of years that the site semeed to be not updated.

Anyway many thank Mark for all those years.... :'(

I'm sad to see the place go too, I found all sorts of interesting material there. The real beginning of the end though was Wikipedia, after they copied all of Mark's hard work without even thanking him...everything just seemed to fall apart.

If a DVD or similar does become available though mark me down for a copy.

A question I've always asked myself is: who is Mark Wade ?

So sad. Does this mean the site as it was is dead forever ? Could the chinese hack such website ? What interest ?

Edit: coincidently, the days of the last shuttle flight, when the overall mood is "United States are losing some prestige." Coincidence ?

Looks like it's back up! Without noticing I got there when I was looking for info on the Shavit 2 in another thread! YAY!

Randy

it's back online since week, but now with New Look !

Coolio, it seems like the website is back up yet again (party). Good times for us.