Artificial Intelligence - General News

The ghost of Mr Clippit is apparently being revived for Microsoft’s new AI plans, which are also at the heart of its next gen console.

Rather than destroying all humans, the thing most people are worried about at the moment, when it comes to AI, is them destroying everyone’s jobs. Online and telephone service staff are at particular risk and apparently Microsoft is planning to rely almost entirely on AI when it comes to future customer support.

Billie Eilish, Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry are among 200 high-profile artists calling for the 'predatory' use of AI in the music industry to be stopped.

In an open letter, several of the world's biggest stars have warned the tech 'will set in motion a race to the bottom' if left unchecked.

The use of AI to steal artists' voices, likeness, and sound is an 'assault on human creativity', they said, and would 'destroy the music ecosystem'.

I have a question: It is well known that ChatGPI/ChatGPT has "manufactured hallucinations"--that is, it makes stuff up, including bibliographic citations for non-existent papers, laws that don't exist, illegal advice when asked questions about legality and procedures that are based on such legalities, etc. What happens if ChatGPI is integrated into daily life--does this mean we may have to deal with "manufactured hallucinations" on a daily basis? Might it crash automobiles? Crash aircraft? Trains? Other types of transportation? Crash financial systems? Ignite nuclear missile launches for spurious hallucenigenic reasons? (Hopefully you are seeing what I am seeing...) How much "hallucination enshittification" could a civilization withstand before crumbling?

"Your ChatGPI is hooked on hallucinations...." It is drugged out!

Perhaps I should also ask--how many human operators have to babysit these ChatGPIs (ChatGPTs) to prevent massive "manufactured hallucinations"? Can humans always spot these hallucinations 100% of the time?

I wonder about all this.

Google is reportedly drawing up plans to charge for AI-enhanced search features, in what would be the biggest shake-up to the company’s revenue model in its history.
The radical shift is a natural consequence of the vast expense required to provide the service, experts say, and would leave every leading player in the sector offering some variety of subscription model to cover its costs.

AI-when?

Not surprised

Meronymity

More

Holodeck tech and AI imaging

Last edited: