Artificial Intelligence - General News

I've used Chat GDP for a work related item.... It's ok... Needed some editing but ok

Computer news

Last edited:
AI news

Last edited:

I am concerned with the latest exec. order re. AI. It would seem that the goal was to include DEI attributes into the basic program. I have already seen certain "biases" in Chatgpt and Bard regarding the "suitability" of certain topics. I can only imagine the potential for skewed output if it had to be filtered through DEI constraints.

They still flunk Turing

Algorithm

Oops

Brainbase

Ultra VR

Last edited:
AI news
https://techxplore.com/news/2023-11-filter-tackle-unsafe-ai-generated-images.html unsafe

More

The big problem

Last edited:
On moral choice

Breakthrough?

Look out

Last edited:
ChatGPT

Data storage

Last edited:
Ai shortcomings
https://techxplore.com/news/2023-12-large-language-strategically-users-pressure.html

AI imaging

Last edited:
Watch that AI driving

Closer

Oops

Misc.
https://www.ipd.uw.edu/2023/12/ai-generates-proteins-with-exceptional-binding-strengths/
Watch those loot boxes

Pit AI against itself

Last edited:
Now we can use AI to see how other AI "think?"

Other news

Electronics

Last edited:
No prototypes?

Connect

AI moral?

Last edited:
A great combination

Fact-checking

AI value judgements

Now to read minds and more

Why I am "publius"

Last edited:
AI is watching

More

Last edited:
Space Computer

The old ways are the best

The bleeding edge

Last edited:
AI is getting into electrical power

AI sketching and art:

AI light and tracking:

A combination of this tech can enhance pilot weapon control I imagine.

Ugh:
Like something from THE LEXX.

Last edited:
They said: "... content that creates a disappointing customer experience." Sad. Very sad.
I hadn't read that far, actually. Amazon's reply AI-generated as well?

Elon Musk says in a Thursday lawsuit that Sam Altman and OpenAI have betrayed an agreement from the artificial intelligence research company's founding to develop the technology toward the benefit of humanity over profits.

In the suit filed Thursday night in San Francisco Superior Court, Musk claims OpenAI's recent relationship with tech giant Microsoft has compromised the company's original dedication to public, open source artificial general intelligence.

"OpenAI, Inc. has been transformed into a closed-source de facto subsidiary of the largest technology company in the world: Microsoft. Under its new board, it is not just developing but is actually refining an AGI to maximize profits for Microsoft, rather than for the benefit of humanity," Musk says in the suit.

Musk brings claims including breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and unfair business practices against OpenAI and asks for the company to revert back to open source ...

Power to the People.
Power to the People.
Power to the People.
Power to the People right on!

Cell-phone tracker and privacy concerns

Augmented reality for astronauts

AI art

Last edited:
Another Lawyer gets in trouble for substituting the results of 'Procedural Generation' (aka 'AI') for actual caselaw research.

A lawyer in Canada is under fire after the artificial intelligence chatbot use she used for legal research created “fictitious” cases, in the latest episode to expose the perils of using untested technologies in the courtroom.

Vancouver lawyer Chong Ke, who now faces an investigation into her conduct, allegedly used ChatGPT to develop legal submissions during a child custody case at the British Columbia supreme court.

According to court documents, Ke was representing a father who wanted to take his children overseas on a trip but was locked in a separation dispute with the children’s mother. Ke is alleged to have asked ChatGPT for instances of previous case law that might apply to her client’s circumstances. The chatbot, developed by OpenAI, produced three results, two of which she submitted to the court.

The lawyers for the children’s mother, however, could not find any record of the cases, despite multiple requests.

When confronted with the discrepancies, Ke backtracked.

Canada lawyer under fire for submitting fake cases created by AI chatbot

Here, good scholarship rooted out the the problem…no catastrophic engineering failure…

AI music

AI graphics

Image classification

Look out

Last edited:
Matrix math

the random walk

From yesterday

Analog chips and more

General Computer news

Stunning art

Last edited:
More on AI images

On music

AI tech

STAR TREK: VOYAGER's bio-neural gel-packs at last

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/why-is-chatgpt-trying-to-gaslight-me/ar-BB1kiYsj

We have been told by management that we should make use of AI at work to “improve efficiency”. I was initially reluctant, but a friend told me I’d be surprised by how useful chatbots could be with certain tasks, so I decided to give it a go.

To begin, I was impressed. Then I asked a question related to something quite specific to my job and area of expertise. The answer included several patent inaccuracies. I pointed this out inside the chat, and then a bizarre conversation ensued. The AI denied that it was wrong and when I politely explained its error, it attempted to gaslight me. Did I just get lied to by an AI language model?