Almaz-Antey S-400 Triumph / SA-21 Growler TABM/SAM

Considering Russians already under sanctions for quite long already yet not everyone in the world cutting trades with them.

While that is true those sanctions have been tightening along with new ones being imposed and they're getting so desperate for high-end ICs and other semiconductors that they've been salvaging from domestic appliances such as washing-machines, microwave ovens, TVs, PCs and other similar items.

and other similar items.
... Swedish speed traps. Allegedly.
Speed cameras continue to disappear in Sweden, most recently along the E16 between Hofors and Falun. And the stolen goods are sought after - similar cameras have been used by Russians in home-built drones in the war in Ukraine, among other things. Säpo states that it is aware of the information that is circulating, but cannot comment on its intelligence work.
There are DSLR cameras in the cabinets. Similar cameras have been found in Russian home-built drones. In a film published by the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, a Russian drone that crashed in Ukraine is taken apart.
In it sits a Canon camera attached with velcro to a small steel plate.A pet bottle is used as a fuel tank in the drone.An ordinary speed camera - worth its weight in gold.
The Swedish security police state that they are aware of the information circulating about the connection between the thefts along the Swedish roads and the Russian home-built drones.But we have no opportunity to go into more detail or talk about our intelligence work, says Fredrik Hultgren-Friberg, press spokesperson at Säpo.
A total of around a hundred cameras around the country have been stolen in recent months, according to the Swedish Transport Administration. On August 27, eleven speed cameras disappeared on county road 292 between Tierp and Hargshamn. Three days later, on August 30, Aftonbladet was able to report that nearly 50 speed cameras in the Stockholm area had been stolen.

Last edited:
Sure, but a lot of those were for export and many have probably exceeded their shelf life. Russia doesn't have 28000 S-300s sitting on TELs.

A very good chunk ended up in Ukraine....the Ukrainian stockpile of S-300 missiles was over 4,000...some say over 6,000.

Хотя это правда, эти санкции ужесточаются вместе с введением новых, и они настолько отчаянно нуждаются в высокопроизводительных ИС и других полупроводниках, что они спасают от бытовой техники, такой как стиральные машины, микроволновые печи, телевизоры, ПК и другие подобные предметы.
what other nonsense would you believe?

Low here is very relative term tho considering that the plant making them are still around. I'm also not sure about their use on say 48N6 or 5V55 as surface attack weapon. Considering Ukraine have similar missiles and they also have near lifetime expired stocks. The claim of use of those missiles used as surface attack weapon can be a cover for a failure of their own S-300's.

Yeah but the thing is that they're still making those and maybe refurbish the old one. It's just a futile exercise to think "they're running out".

Maybe they will running out, really after some hundreds of such statements in social media.

The missile in fact was never retired tho. I dont think launching those would be a sign of they are running out of modern types.
Oh I don't think they're running out. I do wonder about their reliability though. I do find it interesting that it seems neither country is flying over the other much at all.

....the washing machine chips propaganda still making rounds? These posts are not only insulting to the ruskies and chinese they are insulting the small amount of intellect that an average poster like me has. As much as people here in America and in europe talk about progress I see the same propaganda nonsense spreading about our enemies just as I'd see from the boomers of 20th century cold war vintage.

What nonsense are you talking about and why did you quote my post in Cyrillic?

Because he is obviously a slav you goof. Swedish speed trap cameras? Washing machine chips? Has it ever occurred to you that our media outlets lie, either by omission or just plain outright? That they may be relying on very biased or otherwise dubious sources?

Because he is obviously a slav you goof.
Which should give me an excuse to post in Dutch, or Korean members to post in Korean, et cetera. I'm not much of a polyglot, for me that turns threads into unreadable garbage unless I feed every other reply to a machine translator.
I have some trusted sources for news - BBC News is one - others I double check. The Aftonbladet item doesn't make hard accusations, the translation is something I added immediately after I asked BBCRF 'English, please?' - which BBCRF hasn't acted on - because it's bad form to question behaviour you're guilty of yourself.

Are there any sources you trust? Please don't say Twitter.

Last edited:
What nonsense are you talking about and why did you quote my post in Cyrillic?
You write nonsense about washing machines and microwaves. I gave a link to the website of the manufacturer of chips and chips

@BBCRF I would appreciate a summary - in English, preferrably - as weblinks sometimes die.

Ik vind het tamelijk onbeschoft dat je hier bij herhaling in je eigen taal bijdragen levert.
Feed that to deeplink

@BBCRF I would appreciate a summary - in English, preferrably - as weblinks sometimes die.

Ik vind het tamelijk onbeschoft dat je hier bij herhaling in je eigen taal bijdragen levert.
Feed that to deeplink

Programmable logic device​

VZPP are produced in the city of Voronezh,The 5576XC1T is functionally compatible with the Altera EPF10K50 product. Altera FPGAs were chosen as the basis, But the production is already its own

The loss of the S-400 at lostarmour has not been confirmed.This means that Ukraine is trying to pass off the S-300 for the S-400. Moreover, Russia does not use tactics 1 Radar illumination and guidance + 1-2 launchers.No one will drag the S-400 to the front line

Last edited:
The loss of the S-400 at lostarmour has not been confirmed.This means that Ukraine is trying to pass off the S-300 for the S-400. Moreover, Russia does not use tactics 1 Radar illumination and guidance + 1-2 launchers.No one will drag the S-400 to the front line
No one will drag the S-400 to the front line? Scared?

Of course. Just like how the bongs are scared of losing their challenger tanks in combat and have told Ukraine to keep them away from the front lines. Same as how heavy PR has surrounded the patriot SAM systems to hide any embarrassing losses. Same reason why we were hedging on sending F-16 fighters. No red blooded MIC wants their pet projects to look bad.

Of course there are many more important strategic reasons for veiling the capabilities of flagship weapon systems. But the more vain and market driven reasons listed prior are certainly big parts of why stuff is held back or defended vehemently.

that is, no one questioned these photos and issued them for S-400 at face value

No one will drag the S-400 to the front line? Scared?
(1)Not their role. VKS AD batteries cover important objects in the rear, as well as provide general overlapping area defense.
They aren't there to ambush things, and they can afford not to.

(2) Far more range than competition, 3rd party OtH targeting capability, Active seekers.
48N6 and 40N6 are seriously fast, their effective range extends deep into Ukraine.

(3)VKS also have effective interceptors, also reaching deep into Ukraine. Those see their own targets thrmselves, even when they're at the deck, too.

(4)Finally, land forces have their own S-300V4, both as standalone army level units and as separate TELs integrated into corps level Buk batteries.
It's their job.

Ukraine does S-300/Patriot "raids" not because they want to, but because their army AA is technologically and numerically inferior, and there is no other way to suppress VKS strikes.

The loss of the S-400 at lostarmour has not been confirmed.This means that Ukraine Russia is trying to pass off the S-4300 for the S-400.

(1)Not their role. VKS AD batteries cover important objects in the rear, as well as provide general overlapping area defense.
They aren't there to ambush things, and they can afford not to.

(2) Far more range than competition, 3rd party OtH targeting capability, Active seekers.
48N6 and 40N6 are seriously fast, their effective range extends deep into Ukraine.

(3)VKS also have effective interceptors, also reaching deep into Ukraine. Those see their own targets thrmselves, even when they're at the deck, too.

(4)Finally, land forces have their own S-300V4, both as standalone army level units and as separate TELs integrated into corps level Buk batteries.
It's their job.

Ukraine does S-300/Patriot "raids" not because they want to, but because their army AA is technologically and numerically inferior, and there is no other way to suppress VKS strikes.
It was a joke.

Not sure about the TEL but the destroyed radar in that image is a 92N6.
Yes you're right after all 92n6 judging by the round fuel tank

Attachments

• ektakto-dramatiki-epideinosi-sxeseon-rosias-ipa-katastasi-ipsistou-sinagermou-rosikes-enoples-...jpg
    ektakto-dramatiki-epideinosi-sxeseon-rosias-ipa-katastasi-ipsistou-sinagermou-rosikes-enoples-...jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Some people argue it's not 92N6 based on its power system. Do we have more data on this to confirm?

Attachments

• IMG_20230711_165840.jpg
    IMG_20230711_165840.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 15
You mean aside from the fact SOC makes a living knowing what he's looking at? Especially when it comes to Russian SAM systems.
I genuinely don't know, which is why i asking. Having explanation on what part they use to identify it and/or why information i got is wrong, will be nice for someone who just want to know what actually shown in this (sometime very) confusing stream of information.

Perhaps if you would please provide a brief paragraph summary of each video as they're both fairly long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any chance at all that the Russians are using an active seeker on the 48N6DM to achieve semi-ballistic kills on low level targets with A-50 or Su-35 cuing, in Ukraine?

With only 1,000 40N6 ordered, it seems unlikely that there will be enough upgrade missiles to provide for all 57 intended battalions with adequate stocks of ARH longrange missiles, especially atop the yet to be fielded 9M96 variant of the 5P85 launcher.

But if the 40N6 is just a flight control and seeker modification of the 48N6 with perhaps a 'big missile' booster, does that mean that the existing 48N6E2/E3 inventory could be refit, at cost, with a new GCS seeker group?

Is there any chance at all that the Russians are using an active seeker on the 48N6DM to achieve semi-ballistic kills on low level targets with A-50 or Su-35 cuing, in Ukraine?

With only 1,000 40N6 ordered, it seems unlikely that there will be enough upgrade missiles to provide for all 57 intended battalions with adequate stocks of ARH longrange missiles, especially atop the yet to be fielded 9M96 variant of the 5P85 launcher.

But if the 40N6 is just a flight control and seeker modification of the 48N6 with perhaps a 'big missile' booster, does that mean that the existing 48N6E2/E3 inventory could be refit, at cost, with a new GCS seeker group?
As far as I remember, the 40N6 uses semi-active guidance. Reduces the cost of the rocket.

As far as I remember, the 40N6 uses semi-active guidance. Reduces the cost of the rocket.
Thanks.

>

Fakel 48N6E3 and 40N6 Surface to Air Missiles​

The first missile added to the system is the 48N6E3/48N6DM (Dal'naya - long range), an incrementally improved 48N6E2 variant with a range of 130 nautical miles. It is deployed using the standard TEL, the 5P85TE2/SE2.

The second missile added to the S-400 is the new 40N6, a long range weapon with a cited range of 215 nautical miles, equipped with an active and semi-active homing seeker, intended to kill AWACS, JSTARS and other high value assets, such as EA-6B/EA-18G support jammers. Further details of this weapon remain to be disclosed. The range improvement to around twice that of the 48N6E2 suggests a two stage weapon, or a much larger motor casing with a larger propellant load. Russian media reports citing PVO senior officers in 2010 indicated that 40N6 range may be a great as 240 nautical miles, and the missile completed State Trials (Russian OpEval) in 2010, and was to enter production. To date no images of the 40N6 missile, launcher container or TEL have been made public.
>

I've checked two or three other sources and they seem to agree. Dual Mode/Dual Band is present on the R-37M with both C-band TVM/SAGG for late midcourse and Ka-band MMW for terminals.

Millimeter wave can see defects in stealth top coating and a semi-ballistic flight path also gets you top down viewing aspect on hotside features like ECS vents, tail/fuselage corner reflectors, inlets (B-2/B-21) and cockpit.

If they can afford a sophisticated seeker on the Axehead, they can do so on the 40N6 but the 40N6, as described, sounds like a 48N6 with a bigger booster.

Both seem to have a 51cm/20" diameter vs. a 38cm/15" diameter for the R-37M.