1900 km/h speed and 11,000 km flight: Russia will build a supersonic passenger plane

Why?

Attachments

• Russian_Tu-144LL_SST_Flying_Laboratory_Takeoff_at_Zhukovsky_Air_Development_Center.jpg
    Russian_Tu-144LL_SST_Flying_Laboratory_Takeoff_at_Zhukovsky_Air_Development_Center.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 4JCCYM2KKRA4LIQHXQYZLH6YVI.jpg
    4JCCYM2KKRA4LIQHXQYZLH6YVI.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2954969045_b9dba033e9_b-660x495.jpg
    2954969045_b9dba033e9_b-660x495.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 22
Someone *REALLY* should do a thorough statistical analysis (perhaps as a Ph.D project?) of how many of all those internet street hawked meme fed half baked drug addled designs actually ever had any chance *at all* it to make it to TRL 9. Something tells me it's 0...

Someone *REALLY* should do a thorough statistical analysis (perhaps as a Ph.D project?) of how many of all those internet street hawked meme fed half baked drug addled designs actually ever had any chance *at all* it to make it to TRL 9. Something tells me it's 0...
This and many other hopeless concepts are basically the modern equivalent of Wunderwaffen: projects to keep engineers busy and paid. Add in fraud for the higher ups.

Another analogy would be that STTs are the NFTs and crypto of planes.

This and many other hopeless concepts are basically the modern equivalent of Wunderwaffen: projects to keep engineers busy and paid. Add in fraud for the higher ups.

Another analogy would be that STTs are the NFTs and crypto of planes.
Aerion's attempt to attract investment by putting out teaser images of a newer, faster Mach 4 plane is like this I suppose. Then there're outfits like Exosonic and Hermeus soaking up grants that have to be spent if the government department doesn't want to have their budgets cut next year.

During WWII wunderwaffen were means to keep valuable engineers from being drafted to fight on the Eastern Front. Today it's the other direction. Overall Putin's regime functions like a cross between the Mafia (Vory, I guess) and a mediaeval court. Each princeling is constantly vying for attention and trying to prove their usefulness. Dusting off an old model and putting out a press release is pretty benign compared to assassinating a journalist as a birthday present to the Tsar.

Er ... correct me, if I'm wrong, but wasn't the theme of this thread a maybe Russian project, or concept, or
at least an attempt to get some money for an alleged aircraft project ? Haven't read about it in at least
the last 20 posts .... :rolleyes:
So, please, back to something at least approximately relevant to that topic !
;)

Er ... correct me, if I'm wrong, but wasn't the theme of this thread a maybe Russian project, or concept, or
at least an attempt to get some money for an alleged aircraft project ? Haven't read about it in at least
the last 20 posts .... :rolleyes:
So, please, back to something at least approximately relevant to that topic !
;)
Folks, I just deleted a bunch of off topic posts. Please follow the advice of Jemiba.