Japanese Ministry of Communication Civil Transport Aircraft Competition 1925

blackkite

Don't laugh, don't cry, don't even curse, but.....
Reaction score
Hi! Aichi AB-1(Aichi Biplane-1)civil transport and her competitor Mitsubishi MC-1, Nakajima N-36.

The Ministry of Communications Civil Aviation Bureau invited the prize design of the pure domestic transport plane which will convey cargo with a passenger in 1925.
This was a transport plane which the Civil Aviation Bureau had advocated and which operated after establishing the airline of a national policy.
The passenger plane which won first prize was a seaplane transport which the Tetsuo Miki engineer of Aichi Tokei(watch) Denki(electric) Co. Ltd. designed.
In parallel with this seaplane transport completion in March,1928, Civil Aviation Bureau requested the trial production of the medium size transport plane also from two companies, the Mitsubishi internal combustion machine manufacture and the Nakajima airplane factory, and gave the trial production bounty in 1927.
These transport planes were completed in 4 month and May in 1928.
Aichi Tokei Denki made Aichi AB-1 transport plane as an experiment with the peculiar wooden machine fabrication method introduced from German Heinkel.
The Mitsubishi internal combustion machine manufacture made Mitsubishi MC-1 transport plane of the wooden frameworks using the wing and tail of 13 type carrier attack plane of the navy which the British Smith engineer designed as an experiment.
The Nakajima airplane factory made Nakajima N-36 of the metal frameworks based on Breguet 28 French transport plane as an experiment.
In the examination to the experimental model of three companies, although a characteristic structure and performance of each trial production transport plane were evaluated, it becomes the conclusion that there was still a problem in practicality, and judged that utilization of an authentic domestic transport was premature.
Therefore, at Japan Airlines transportation incorporated company which aged 1929 and began operation, the Fokker super universal passenger plane was imported from the U.S. and operated.
Later the Nakajima airplane produced this passenger plane domestically.

Attachments

• AB-1 CIVIL TRANSPORT.jpg
    AB-1 CIVIL TRANSPORT.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Mitsubishi MC-1 PIC2.jpg
    Mitsubishi MC-1 PIC2.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Mitsubishi_MC-1.jpg
    Mitsubishi_MC-1.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Aichi AB-1 model.jpg
    Aichi AB-1 model.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 30
  • AICHI_AB-1_TRANSPORT.jpg
    AICHI_AB-1_TRANSPORT.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 36
  • MC-1.jpg
    MC-1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 38
  • MITSUBISHI MC-1 CIVIL TRANSPORT.jpg
    MITSUBISHI MC-1 CIVIL TRANSPORT.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 89
  • NAKAJIMA N-36.jpg
    NAKAJIMA N-36.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 104
  • MITSUBISHI MC-1.jpg
    MITSUBISHI MC-1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 106
  • AICHI AB-1.jpg
    AICHI AB-1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 111
Nakajima N-36.

Attachments

• N36 transport.jpg
    N36 transport.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Nakajima_N-36.jpg
    Nakajima_N-36.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 59
Aichi AB-1 3 side view.
Crew : 2, Passengers : 4

Engine : Aichi W-12 water cooling W-12, 485hp, Maximum speed : 180 - 195km/h, Cruising speed : 130 - 140km/h, Range : 780 - 840km

Attachments

• Aichi AB-1.jpg
    Aichi AB-1.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 77
Please, what's the point of having YET another topic on AB- and AM- types? A lot of AB- and AM- types are already tackled in other threads!

I think perhaps this could be titled "Various Aichi types" if it deals with aircraft that were not submitted in IJN competitions.

And if it's a topic on Aichi, why put Mitsubishi and Nakajima types in it? It doesn't make sense.

Perhaps the topic should be renamed? Something like 'Japanese Ministry of Communications - Civil Aviation Bureau 1925 Domestic Transport competition'?

done

Jens! Please don't change my post same as other posts from now. And where are my posts for Japanese reconnaissance seaplanes?
I said you can edit and move my posts as you like, but I did not say you can delete my post.

The following utterances are canceled.
"You can edit and move my posts as you like."

No posts made by you were deleted, just split or renamed. And this happened not only
because I thought it to be necessary, but because of recommendatins of other members,
too.

Perhaps you are reffering to this thread ? http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23077.0.html

About your last demand : I don't splt, merge and rename threads, because it's a pleasure for
me, but because they are doubled, containing posts not according to the original title and
so on. And as already mentioned above, I often do this, because I'm pointed by others to
such things. If your threads are ok in this regard, they won't be changed, otherwise they
still will be, please see http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,21728.0.html,
point 17.
Those rules are still valid for ALL members, I think !

For example, where are E13K,E12N and E11K of my post?

The present style of this forum is very suitable for collecting various information.
It is very important to collect various information broadly regardless of form first of all.
Should not information be collected rapidly? Should not arranging information just prepare another forum or another section? Since my life has little remaining time, in order to let you Japan know, I think that I would like to contribute rapidly.
Please stop making a false charge and interfering over various trifles.
I would like to contribute freely.

Even if the same information overlaps and is contributed, isn't it necessary to care.
A large number of duplicated information already exist in this forum.
What is necessary is just to arrange in the stage of a conclusion.
It is in a state still far from the stage of a conclusion.

blackkite said:
For example, where are E13K,E12N and E11K of my post?

Again, nothing was deleted, don't worry .

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23054.0.html ?

http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,23057.msg234114.html#msg234114 ?

Perhaps you remember, that I asked you about the E12/E13 belonging to the same specification ?
And generally I asked for your input to a better organisation of those number of posts, most of them
were in a single thread.
If you have better ideas or titles, just tell us, but as said before, it was unwieldy and types could only
be found using the search function.

blackkite said:
Even if the same information overlaps and is contributed, isn't it necessary to care.
A large number of duplicated information already exist in this forum.

About those complaints, you are certainly right, that posts often overlap or even are doubled. Then we
principally have no problem.
But if information is only posted once, we have to try to make it findable nad preferrably without hours
of searching or browsing dozens of pages of a mega-thread.

blackkite said:
What is necessary is just to arrange in the stage of a conclusion.
It is in a state still far from the stage of a conclusion.

Correct for the second point, that's why we are working on the first one !

blackkite said:
Since my life has little remaining time, in order to let you Japan know, I think that I would like to contribute rapidly.

You was never stopped, but even asked for more ! And now we are trying to sort, what you yourself
seem to regard as a kind of raw data. Of course I would prefer ready made, well structured and easy to
use threads, too, as my spare time is limited, too, of course. But if you post basic data, I'll try to sort it in
a way, that makes it usable for all forum members. Something wrong with that ?

Jemiba said:
It's the first time for me to see such a topic title in Early Aircraft Projects. ???

I think that my future post will be summarized per maker and will be performed like the contribution about a German airplanes.
The worthiest book I have is also the style.
However, competitors also includes in it.
The background of each airplane can understand easily and the direction of it is useful also for arrangement of the information on various airplanes.
For me, the way is useful to post.
Of course, airplanes to deal with are limited to the airplanes seldom known by the world as much as possible.
Duplication of the information on an airplane is eliminated as much as possible.

Hi! Please enjoy Nakajima N-36 and Mitsubishi MC-1 transport plane (competitor of Aichi AB-1) 3-side view drawing.
Source : as usual.
Since this book is very precious , I have advised to a publishing company to publish English-language edition.
However, a publishing company is not so interested about my advise. ;D

Attachments

• Nakajima N-36 Transport plane.jpg
    Nakajima N-36 Transport plane.jpg
    534.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Mitsubishi MC-1.jpg
    Mitsubishi MC-1.jpg
    527.8 KB · Views: 71
Hi!
Aichi AB-1 Civil Transport Plane
Source : ENCYCLOPEDIA OF JAPANESE AIRCRAFT VOL.2

Attachments