Id of japanese sailplanes wanted

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

can you translate the correct designation and manufacturer of these japanese sailplanes?

Thanks

Attachments

• Bunrin Do Famous Airplanes of the world old 102 1978 10 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden_Page_65_Image_0001-.jpg
    Bunrin Do Famous Airplanes of the world old 102 1978 10 Kyushu J7W1 Shinden_Page_65_Image_0001-.jpg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Bunrin Do Famous Airplanes of the world 090 Nakajima G5N & G8N [PF42]_Page_14_Image_0001.jpg
    Bunrin Do Famous Airplanes of the world 090 Nakajima G5N & G8N [PF42]_Page_14_Image_0001.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 150
Hi! The First picture shows Japanese KAMO(wild duck) type K-16 glider towed by Ki-17 95-shiki trainer, ordered from the Japanese Technology Agency to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to test the control characteristic of such type aircraft in February 1942. It had no relation to Shinden experimental fighter.
Designer was Kiro Honjo, wind tunnel test was performed in Osaka Imperial University.
This glider was completed in fall of 1944.
The Second picture shows the glider to test tri cycle landing gear system for Shinzan bomber.

You say: Mitsubishi built the sailplane K.16, so is K.16 a Mitsubishi design number?

Do you have for the second pic a correct name of this glider?

Thanks blackkite

Sorry I made a mistake. The First glider was manufactured by Nippon small aircraft Co, Ltd with cooperation of Mitsubishi's Kiro Honjo.
I'm not sure about the number "k-".
I can't find the name of the Second glider. This glider was towed by the car according to Japanese text.

What a beautiful plane, the K-16? It’s definitely very advanced for its time. The second glider is completely new to me. Does anyone have more information on these planes? ???