Who killed King Kong?

Justo Miranda

ACCESS: Above Top Secret
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
A customer has asked me to identify the model of the airplanes shooting the beast. Although I have watched 1933 film many times, I can´t identify them.
Can someone be of help please?

Attachments

• Escanear.jpg
    Escanear.jpg
    531.3 KB · Views: 346
now Film fans argument about those two
Curtiss O2C-2
Consolidated NY-1 or 2
(under the assumption they come from Navy base at long beach)
my guess its a Curtiss F8C-4 not a O2C-2

Peter Jackson version they are
Curtiss F8C "Helldiver"

Abraham Gubler said:
Didn't you know, it was beauty that killed the beast...

"It wasn't the planes that got him - 'twas beauty that killed the beast." Indeed. And 'twas helicopters in the 1970s version (although at one stage we are given a tantalising glimpse of F-106s fuelling and arming...).

pathology_doc said:
And 'twas helicopters in the 1970s version (although at one stage we are given a tantalising glimpse of F-106s fuelling and arming...).

I imagine a Genie would probably do the trick. ;D

Mickey Mouse killed King Kong.

You're wrong. All of you. Link.

Attachments

• blog_fbpatch.JPG
    blog_fbpatch.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 123
One of our most fun experiences, was when the wife & I were flown to NZ to be filmed for a "cameo shot" in the King Kong movie. Just a fast shot of us on screen but it was a giant close up from chest up, and filled the whole screen. It is priceless to us, because of the joy it gave to our grandchildren, to see us in it..By some great good luck, that scene was also widely used as part of the film clip advertising the "coming" of the King Kong Movie, in most of the advance publicity. So it was repeated several dozens of times, on TV, leading up to the opening. As an additional bonus, (as the red arrow shows) we were even given a film credit in the end credits. Also shown is a 50 gallon barrel full of spent brass machine gun casings. (to show that the machine gun firings were not mere sound effects..) We wanted to take some home as souvenirs for the grandchildren, but rethought that with the current complications of airport scanning and customs..The artwork image shows one of only 3 giclee prints made, of a great Original oil painting, painted by one of the great WWI aviation-theme painters, Jim Dietz, that he sent us.

Attachments

• Kongar.jpg
    Kongar.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 88
  • kongmg.jpg
    kongmg.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 90
  • jdkk10.jpg
    jdkk10.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 88