What happened to Tapatalk?

zen

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
I was a longtime member of NavWeaps...a.k.a Warships1 forum. Going back to the days of EzBoards.
In last few years this was move to Tapatalk from Yuku and we were forced yo download tapatalk's software to continue to post there.

Well suddenly I cannot see the forum....and after some fidgling around I've found I can still see some Recent.post titles. But cannot view the posts or the forum.

Ironically it's still visible from normal webbrowser?

No idea what it is, but I hate it. The name only sounds like something falling loudly "tapatalk !"
Sounds like the spanish word "cataplum" or french "badaboum"

Let me explain: at some point in NASAspaceflight it apeared in every single post "send from my mobile phone using tapatalk" the idiot thing

The end result was exactly THIS (triple facepalm)

Last edited:
Tapatalk was a mobile phone app that made typical forums more usable on small screens. For the past 5 years or so, all decent forum software has been adapted to work with mobile phones much better, so it is basically obsolete. They still seem to be hawking it though.

Last edited:
I got hit with adds just prior for buying some form of special membership or perks.
Frankly it's put a lot of members off posting.

Almost as soon as The Airfix Tribute Forum switched to it, I just stopped going there, I really detest the whole format. I've since been told by someone who ran it on a forum for a while, it is very hard to get rid of if you switch to something else again.