• Hi Guest! Forum rules have been updated. All users please read here.

Western Artists' Concepts of Soviet warships during the Cold War

Graham1973

ACCESS: Top Secret
Reaction score
As with aircraft there must have been speculative artwork of Soviet warships during the Cold War. I thought it worthwhile starting a thread covering this. I've hit a few oddities in my 'Fictional Warships' thread (Such as the Guevara Class Destroyers (Link) and I'm wondering if anything like that made it into artwork form.

Antonio

Staff member
Reaction score
You can check "dod soviet military power"

Graham1973

Reaction score
pometablava said:
You can check "dod soviet military power"

Thanks for that suggestion, but that would only cover the last 8 years of the Cold War.

natewillcome4you

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
There's the whole K-1000 panic, also, these:

famvburg

I really should change my personal text
Reaction score
I’m working on some Ram- and other “prototypes” models based on artist concepts from the mid-‘70s to mid-‘80s and of all of the aircraft developed or rumored during that period, we never saw any concept art for a Tu-144 bomber/cruise missile carrier, except one overhead from AW&ST in the ‘70s, (tho in recent years, there are some published nor the Ram-M later known as the Myasischev M-17 Mystic and IIRC, its general description was something like “generally similar to the Lockheed U-2 except for having twin fins” and I never recall seeing at having a twin boom tail, just “twin fins”, which I always envisioned a U-2 with an A-10 type of tail. Anybody recall ever seeing Ram-M concept art?