Weather war

Status
Not open for further replies.

kocovgoce

ACCESS: Secret
Reaction score
Is it possible that that some superpowers to possess weapons to control the weather. For example as they were the floods in Germany and the tornado in the Czech Republic ?

Terrible Idea.

Weather is very much in the realm of 'chaotic' maths of the nonlinear sort.
The slightest change can have enormous effects.

Terrible Idea.

Weather is very much in the realm of 'chaotic' maths of the nonlinear sort.
The slightest change can have enormous effects.
Because there were many indications that the United States and the Soviet Union invested large sums of money in controlling the the climate . For example, a patent is available at the Nikola Tesla Museum in Belgrad which was registered in the USSR in 1933 and is in Russian language .Тhe Patent was for weather control. And we all know what happened in 1941 from October to December in the Russian steppes

In the Vietnam War, for example, the Americans had Operation Popeye when they flooded all of northern Vietnam.

The idea you can control the weather is even worse than thinking the wind won't turn and send your poison gas back over your own soldiers.

It's more a doomsday weapon.

I think the concepts are probably more like "influence", and less "control", but the idea has captivated governments. There are a lot of government funded weather modification programs. It'd be naive to think it isn't being explored by militaries, as well.

Non-classified and dated example of potential interests:
"Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025"

It's relatively simple to make it rain. If you have clouds with enough water in them to rain. If the clouds don't have enough water in them to rain you can seed them all you like, nothing will happen.

People don't understand how much energy is locked up in weather. It basically makes human power generation look trivial. So no, governments aren't going around creating new weather systems.

Steering existing weather patterns might be slightly more feasible, but is still going to take an unreasonably large power generation capability, and is still subject to the chaos maths Zen mentioned. Is it going to go where you want it, or is it going to spin back on you?

We don't need government conspiracies to alter weather patterns, climate change has already done that and the predicted effects include higher intensity storms happening with increased regularity. My father was involved with flood control work as part of his engineering job and he said that by the time he retired at the end of the '80s you could already see that the predicted frequencies of storms were wrong - or as he put it "we were getting a hundred year storm once a decade".

I am writing this because in Serbia 2011 and in Macedonia 2015, happened so-called water bombs or drops of huge amounts of rain which destroyed entire villages just as it did in Germany, the Netherlands today. And so I wonder why they should not use such weapons if the strategy of a superpower is disrupted. Because in this way damage is done there are no traces of who made it and the goal has been achieved, and the country in which such methods have been used has been warned in a quiet way.

Pictured it is from Popular Mechanic from 1953 for the creation of the US Climate Control Commission in the US Army.

Because some US intelligence generals suspected that the Russians were using climate control machines during the Korean War ?

Attachments

• 201112050240191954-May-28-Colliers-470x251.jpg
    201112050240191954-May-28-Colliers-470x251.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 7
The above image appeared on the cover of Collier's magazine, dated May 20, 1954.

The history of weather control: http://cup.columbia.edu/book/fixing-the-sky/9780231144131

I am highly skeptical about current claims regarding "climate change." I have followed this closely and as recently as a few years ago, some scientists were already saying that the "point of no return" had been reached.

Interesting that those here that are. most sceptical of climate change (a scientific consensus based on overwhelming scientific evidence) are the most open minded to weather control conspiracy theories (and some of the same contributors per their other contributions are also into theories around Nazi nuclear bombs and supersonic aircraft, etc.)

Nice attempt to avoid obvious questions through the old "guilt by association" tactic. It won't work here. I am not saying climate change does not occur and should not be addressed, I am saying that an odd mix of comments have been made in the past. The book I cited above came out in 2010. I suggest everyone keep that in mind. I believe that clouds can be seeded, causing rain. I am very concerned about some plans to perform large-scale experiments on the ground and in space to address the problem of climate change. I am also very concerned about the very rich who think they can avoid contributing to solving the problem by trading emissions credits. This while their factories pump tons of reactive gases into the atmosphere. They think they can trade 'carbon credits' to avoid paying for costly, on the shelf technology to remediate the problem and that they are then absolved and entitled to do nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.