Voisin projects

Maveric

Fight for yor Right!
Reaction score
Hi all,

found this very impressiv drawing of the Voisin E.87-2/Type 13.
Do you have more drawing and technicl data for Voisin projects... ???

Servus Maveric

Attachments

• Voisin E-87-2 (Type 13)-.jpg
    Voisin E-87-2 (Type 13)-.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 634
Here is a picture of an impressive four-engined Voisin triplane from the first war. Any idea about its designation?

Attachments

• four-engined Voisin 200 HP.jpg
    four-engined Voisin 200 HP.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 361
And here is an image which I believe depicts the very same E.87-2 posted by Maveric:

Attachments

• four-engined Voisin 220 HP.jpg
    four-engined Voisin 220 HP.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 440
Stargazer2006 said:
Here is a picture of an impressive four-engined Voisin triplane from the first war. Any idea about its designation?

This aircraft was known as Voisin Triplane,intended as experimental bomber aircraft
of 1919;
http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft30136.htm

also the little known aircraft, Type M and the Creme De Menth experimental aircraft;

http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft30188.htm
http://flyingmachines.ru/Site2/Crafts/Craft29994.htm

Attachments

• Voisin M.jpg
    Voisin M.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 278
  • The Creme De Menthe.jpg
    The Creme De Menthe.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 282
Stargazer2006 said:

This is the Voisin E.28 Four-seat heavy bomber with four 220hp H.-S. 8Bc Engines.

Stargazer2006 said:
And here is an image which I believe depicts the very same E.87-2 posted by Maveric:
index.php
Davilla & Soltan's 'French Aircraft of the First World War' states the Voisin E.87 was never built, but was developed into the Voisin 12, shown in Stéphane's picture.

Stargazer2006 said:

A 3-view to Voisin Triplane.

Attachments

• Voisin_Triplane_Bomber.jpg
    Voisin_Triplane_Bomber.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 112
Hi,

the more interested aircraft,was the Type O,which powered by two engines fore
and aft of the nacelle (push and pull),but unfortunately I have a picture or drawing
for it.

Hi,

here is a project for Voisin of 1906.for single engine driven two propellers aircraft.

Los Aviones Voisin y el Primer Vuelo en Chile (Monografia de Aeronaves Coleccion №4)

Attachments

• Voisin.png
    Voisin.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 100
That is a Filiasi, built by the atelier Voisin.
Filiasi was a Marquis, founder of the France Aeroclub in 1905.
Once I saw a photo of this Filiasi, but I do not remember where.
It was in some Italian book, I think.
We have photos of a later 1910 filiasi hydroplane in Naples, but i don't know if it was only a scale model

Attachments

• filiasi aeroplano 1910.jpg
    filiasi aeroplano 1910.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 210
  • filiasi aeroplano 1910 3 view.jpg
    filiasi aeroplano 1910 3 view.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 191
The Voisin Triplanes were large experimental bombers built by Voisin in 1915 and 1916.
After unsuccessful trials of the 1915 prototype a modified version with more powerful engines was built in 1916, as the Voisin E.28, but the type did not enter production.

1915 model. Nose landing gear shape is impressive. I can't find three side view of this model.
Voisin_model_1915.jpg
VoisinTriplane-1915.jpg
1494-1.jpg
world-war-one-aircraft-personalities-shutterstock-editorial-2363735oi.jpg

1916 model.(E28)
Voisin_Triplane_ExCC.jpg
1495-2.jpg
5533L.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! Voisin E28.
In 1916, Gabriel Voisin returned to the idea of a triplane bomber and built a machine called Voisin E.28. During the construction was used wing from the first tripplan (it was only slightly shortened). But the rest of the structure was heavily redesigned.

The new bomber became a two-hull, with the hulls located vertically, the second thin body (actually - a power beam, which allowed to greatly facilitate the design due to much better work of the resulting "frame" on the longvertical vertical bend), connects the upper wing with vertical plumage. But it is not just a power beam, there is also a "crow's nest" with a machine gunner, protecting the car from attacks from behind and from above.

The four hispano-Suiza 8Bc air cooling(?) motors, which are paired (pulling and pushing screws, respectively) on the second wing, had unique characteristics for their time. At a capacity of 220 hp - they had a mass of about 200 kg, i.e., a specific mass less than a kilogram per horsepower.

Interesting was the design of the chassis - the six wheels of the main chassis had an individual suspension - they took on the entire load, the front wheel performed only anti-hood functions - that is, the car at acceleration should not have "raised the tail", it was already in a flight position. However, this is typical for all Aircraft ToUazen.

The Voisin E.28's design weapon consisted of a hotchkiss bow 37 mm cannon and two defensive machine guns on a movable turret. During the tests, as far as is known, the gun was never mounted.

Despite all the interesting decisions of The New Bomber Was even more slow than his older brother and of course he did not fit the military. Tests of the aircraft continued until 1919, and then on its base was developed passenger aircraft for 12 seats.
voisine28-2.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:
I would guess that these are the same engines, but cowled. The cowlings were probably removed due to overheating, and the radiator arrangement changed for the same reason . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Those radiators are probably for cooling engine oil.

The Voisin Triplane was a large experimental bomber built by Voisin.The first model was designing and produced in 39 days, presentation in August 1915 before the French high military, and was fitted with four Salmson radial engines of 150 hp / 110 kW each. The four engines were mounted in tandem pairs in two nacelles on the centre wing. Not only did it have three wings, but also two fuselages, the upper one affording an air gunner a near 360-degree field of fire. Two gun positions were provided, one the nose and second behind the trailing edge of the wings, firing downwards through an aperture in the fuselage. The tail surfaces being supported between the fuselage and an upper boom attached to the centre section of the upper wing.

From; French Aircraft of the First World War,

two little known bombers.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    265.1 KB · Views: 56
Hi! Voisin Icare Aero-Yacht.
In 1912, the Brothers Voisin (Gabriel and Charles Voisin) received an order from the oil tycoon and admirer of aviation Henri Deutsch de la Meurthe to create a "flying yacht". Gabriel Voyazand and Maurice Colliex were involved in the development of the project. In the same year, the Appareils d'Aviation les Fr'res Voisin brothers built a seven-seater four-seater biplane with a 200 hp Clerget engine.

The first flight of the seaplane, named Voisin Icare, took place on November 23, 1912, with six people on board. The Aeroyacht was similar to the 1907 Voisin biplane, but has been enlarged in size. The frame of steel pipes, the engine stood in the boat (based on the ricochet motor boat) and through the chain drive rotated the four-bladed (in fact it was two conventional two-bladed propellers). The six-wheeled chassis is kind of like a temporary phenomenon, only for the first tests of the aircraft.

To emphasize a hundred aircraft really multipurpose developers have provided the possibility of installing two machine guns or two mitrales with an amunica.
icare-1.jpg icare-6.jpg icare-8.jpg
icare-4.jpg

Last edited:
From French Aircraft of the First World War,

the E.50 Project.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

the E.53 Project.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 34
I wonder whether this is conflating two different projects. AFAIK, there was was a Voisin hydroaérobus Icare of 1912,
and there were two Aéroyacht machines by Borel: the "Borel Aeroyacht type Denhaut I" and "type Denhaut II", both sesquiplane flying boats of 1913.

the E.59 Project.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 29

a more Info about E.87 Project.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 34