Rogozarski aircraft:
type-I :two seat unequal-span biplane intended as reconnaissance
aircraft.
SIM-II :was a parasol wing monoplane ,two seat trainer aircraft
powred by 100 hp Siemens radial engine.
SIM-VI :two seat dual-control tourer/trainer low-wing monoplane
powered by 50 hp Walter Mikron engine.

Rogozarski aircraft :

SIM-VIII :developed specifically as a two seat tourer from SIM-II.
SIM-IX :single seat trainer monoplane powered bu 160 hp Bramo
Sh 149 engine.
Bucos :two seat low wing monoplane primary trainer powered by
130 hp De Havilland Gipsy Major engine.
an early VTOL aircraft to Yugoslavia in this site:
www.yumodelclub.tripod..com/history_of_yugoslav_aviation/zucenko.htm

From Yugoslavia,

M.Mitrovich MMS.3 :twin boom light transport aircraft.

Attachments

• Mitrovich-MMS-3-3-view.jpg
    Mitrovich-MMS-3-3-view.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 763
From Aerosvet 06-07,

here is a strange Yugoslavia aircraft,I don't know it was a project or not ?,it was
called Muzeja.

Attachments

• Muzeja.png
    Muzeja.png
    227.2 KB · Views: 720
The word Muzeja is the genitive of the word Muzej which means Museum. The reader is asking if the magazine could publish the catalog of the Museum of Aviation in Belgrade, and he is asking for the 3-view picture of the Ikarus ŠM-1 biplane which is on the picture because he wants to build a model of it.

Hi,

for Fizir (Zmaj Co.),I found a mysteries for it;

-School Avion N - Gypsy with engine and Argus, made only a prototype
-Devoatin D.1 - reconstruction process fighter aircraft 1930-31 (maybe they meant Dewoitine ?)
-Dragon B-1 - reconnaissance aircraft with engines Gnome - Rhone and Cyclone (prototype ended
the war in 1941.)

http://www.vazduhoplovnetradicijesrbije.rs/index.php/biografije/56-dusan-stankov

Yes, Devoatin (Девоатин) refers to Dewoitine. I presume that Prof. Stankov took part in the refurbishing of Yugoslav Dewoitine D.1 fighters.

'Dragon' is just the English translation of Zmaj (Змај) ... ie the Fabrika aeroplana i hidroaviona Zmaj. So, the reference is to the Zmaj B-1 recce aircraft.

Likewise the 'Dragon' references under 'Unrealized Projects' also refer to Zmaj. So these are Stankov's 1933-34 fighter projects - the Zmaj Ž.L. 1 (Hispano-Suiza HS 12Nb); Ž.L. 2 (Gnome-Rhône K9); and Ž.L. 3 (supercharged G-R K9), and a 1934 twin-engined bomber - the Zmaj B.V.Z.

We must merge those topics;

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15706.msg188988.html#msg188988

Here is a four little known airplanes;

Minima-Svep I & II,Tse-tse,S.H.1-Sraka ;

Attachments

• 001_minima.jpg
    001_minima.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 002_minima.jpg
    002_minima.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 126
  • 004_minima.jpg
    004_minima.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 127
  • 006_minima.jpg
    006_minima.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 015_minima.jpg
    015_minima.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 001_tse.jpg
    001_tse.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 123
  • 003_tse.jpg
    003_tse.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 122
Hi,

Mr. Jože Zablatnik made a two-seat multi purpose biplane in 1912,and a sport airplane in 1913/14.

Attachments

• zablatnik_1.jpg
    zablatnik_1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 112
  • zablatnik_3.jpg
    zablatnik_3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 130
From Krila 1/1996,

here is a single seat low-wing monoplane,called KS II,and designed by Mr. Anton Kuhelj,and powered by
one 25 hp engine in 1935,I used the google translate,but I don't know if it was built or not ?.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    407.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 2.png
    2.png
    545.7 KB · Views: 157
According to Robert Resman, the designations KS IIa and KS IIb were used interchangeably. A further development was planned by a break-away group - the Ajaks (AJAKS = Ajdič, Jenko, Anton Kuhelj, Sportni). The Ajaks rebuild was planned with a 42 hp Zlin Perzy Persy II HO2 (replacing the KS II's 35 hp Anzani) circa 1938 but wasn't completed.

Last edited:
That's Zlín Persy II engine.
Yep, KS 1 Janez, three widely different machines built KS 1a, KS 1b, KS 1c.

draft of modern passenger aircraft
enver hadžialić
Hrvatska krila NDH

Attachments

• 55247_96723579_DSC00723.JPG
    55247_96723579_DSC00723.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
Hi,

here is a a strange two ideas from Slovenian designers,

The first Slovenes to practice rockets were pyrotechnics; This majority of the session with Ferdinand Makuc from Gorizia was connected with the activity of Slovenian aviation pioneers. Makuc was also the first known victim of this profession in our country: when his workshop was blown up just before the start of the First World War, his wife and assistant lost their lives. Makuc befriended and collaborated with the Rusjan brothers. Julij Nardin, a professor of physics at the high school in Idrija, also belonged to this circle. As early as 1909, Nardin was engaged in various experiments and devices that worked on the basis of reaction. When he was building an airplane in 1909/10, but he didn't have the money to buy an engine for it, he was thinking about starting it with a (rocket?) Launch. In 1913, he recorded a friend's idea for a turbojet engine; Nardin's friend Franjo Bratina predicted supersonic speeds in aviation at the time, but later devoted his entire life to invention, especially the invention of the reaction aircraft engine, which he filed for patent in 1930, and the patent was granted two years later. Further developing this idea, he combined his original idea of a reaction drive with a rocket and in the mid-1960s designed an aircraft with all the characteristics of a flying saucer.

Julius Nardin designed a torpedo in 1914, for which he envisioned a rocket propulsion. An unmanned parent torpedo propelled in this way was supposed to sail close to the enemy, launch smaller torpedoes at it and return to the home port, where it would be operated by a program from a perforated strip instead of a crew. Because of this self-controlled automaton, and because he also developed an electronic tube, Nardin is considered the pioneer of cybernetics in Slovenia. With some other ideas - all from 1914 - he visionarily announced later rocket weapons: his water torpedo was to be fired with a cannon or thrown from an airplane in a special profession, which would fall off when passing from air to water, here however, the rocket propulsion system would start operating.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.png
    2.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Did anyone hear about a RK26 Tigerschwalbe, which was built under license in Jugoslavia during the 30s? Raab mentioned this in his biography, but without any further notices. I have no usefull idea, what Jugoslav aircraft type it might be. The Zmaj Fizir FP-2 might be the closest design, however it does not match the RK26 dimensions in any way and it was already designed in 1933.

From Aeroplan 1991/1,

the Sveti Dorde Airplane.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    916.3 KB · Views: 43
Here is the Modli 8,9 & 10,

After the Modli-8 aircraft, Josip Modli designed and built the Modli 9 version and the two-seater Modli 10 version, which were never completed, because death prevented him from doing so.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 26
This looks very like the 'Luton Minor' aeroplane . . .

cheers,.
Robin.

Here is the Modli 8,9 & 10,

After the Modli-8 aircraft, Josip Modli designed and built the Modli 9 version and the two-seater Modli 10 version, which were never completed, because death prevented him from doing so.

I can't find any information about a Modli-10. The unfinished two-seat evolution of the Modli-8 was called Modli-9. There was no Modli-10.

An interesting fact is that the unfinished prototype of the Modli-9 194 was handed over to the Croatian Technical Museum (Zagreb). Does the plane still exist? Do drawings exist?

I can't find any information about a Modli-10. The unfinished two-seat evolution of the Modli-8 was called Modli-9. There was no Modli-10.

What ?,

Након авиона Модли-8, Јосип Модли је конструисао и саградио верзију Модли 9 и двоседу верзију Модли 10, које никада нису довршене, јер га је у томе смрт спречила.

Josip Modli later (date unknown) designed a two-seater version named Modli-9, but it was never fully completed. Both the Modli-8 and the unfinished 9 were given to the Croatian Technical Museum (Zagreb) after the death of Josip Modli in 1974.

What ?,

Након авиона Модли-8, Јосип Модли је конструисао и саградио верзију Модли 9 и двоседу верзију Модли 10, које никада нису довршене, јер га је у томе смрт спречила.

It would be nice if that Serbian Wikipedia page gave more references. The only external link makes no mention of any 'Modli 10' (nor the Modli-9, come to that). Still, a few things jump out there.

First, the Modli-8 was withdrawn from use c.1950 while Josip Modli lived on until 1974. So, if Modli's death occurred almost a quarter century later, how could that be a factor in preventing him from finishing his design(s)?

Second, no distinguishing details of the Modli-9 are given in the Wiki article but the 'Modli 10' is said to have been a "two-seater". If the latter is true, why not just say that both two-seat designs remained unfinished?

My dears,please don't forget this sentence

Not forgotten - I quoted it. I was simply bemoaning the paucity of references on that Serbian Wikipedia page.

That designs beyond the J.M.8 and Modli 8 were not completed is established. I was trying to draw attention to the use of "two-seater" as a pointless 'distinction'. The Wiki author seems unaware that the unfinished Modli 9 was itself to be a 2-seater.

Are any SPF members familiar with the collection of the Tehnički muzej Nikola Tesla in Zagreb? Serbian sources say that both the Modli 8 airframe and components of the unfinished Modli 9 have been held at Zagreb since 1974. But I can't seem to find any Croatian sources to confirm that information.