Various Pre-WWII Soviet Projects & Prototypes

hesham

ACCESS: USAP
Reaction score
anther confusing with Russian aircraft,
in Stal bureau the Stal-4 was not known, but under Grigorvich title I found a project
call Stal-MAI ,and I don't know it was Stal-4 or it was for MAI design .
please help.

I know that there are lot of rare projects of Soviet being before 1941. BOK-7/11 for example. I have no idea about what exactly they are. But I believe you can do it here to tell me what they are? If someone has already posted this kind of thread, I should ask mod to delet this one.

Hi,

these aircraft wasn't in the book
of russian:
Grokhovski GN-6 single seat glider.
GN-7 two seat glider.
and two aircraft from post war:
Ilyushin IL-66 and IL-72 jet airliners.

Hallo,

Yermolaev Yer-6 :was a version of Yer-2-2 fitted with M-40F engines.

An earlier soviet project about which I know nearly nothing:
SK-2

Anyone knows more?

Attachments

• Sk-2 soviet.jpg
    Sk-2 soviet.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 2,668
These are not unbuilt projects but prototypes or experimental aircraft.

Hi,

I don't know that designer and this project was from 1944 as
VTOL fighter.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,124
Hi,

Anther projects from 1921 to 1939.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,961
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,870
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,849
Hi,

there is the Sukhoi VRD project.

Attachments

• su-vrd-th.jpg
    su-vrd-th.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 582
I saw these projects in rereaircrafts.greyfalcon.us and other pages .Here are little of the projects that I know. ;D
_pic1:KOSTIKOV 302
_pic2:TIKHONRAVOV I-302
_pic6:Golovin "IVS"

Attachments

• sov6.jpg
    sov6.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 2,691
  • aa15.jpg
    aa15.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 307
  • aa24.jpg
    aa24.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 287
Hi,

I can't ID those two aircraft well,the first called MI-4,and the second called or designed
by Pysnova,can anybody help ?.

Attachments

• MI-4.JPG
    MI-4.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Pysnova.JPG
    Pysnova.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 334
Name for the second image is Pishnov.

As for MI-4 and MI-13 in the first picture, we'd need to see the page to determine the name of the designer.

Stargazer2006 said:
Name for the second image is Pishnov.

As for MI-4 and MI-13 in the first picture, we'd need to see the page to determine the name of the designer.

Hi Stargazer,

here is the a part,about three pages from the article,may be it can help.

Attachments

• R-3.JPG
    R-3.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 409
  • R-2.JPG
    R-2.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 420
  • R-1.JPG
    R-1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 356
This is too small I'm afraid. However, the paragraph that mentions "MI-4" and "MI-13" doesn't seem to indicate a designer. Previous paragraph was about Polikarpov R-Z and I-17, next one is about Tupolev's ANT-40.

The "MI-13" is described as heavy fighter / attack version of the SB (ANT-40), armed with one 25-mm (?? - Such a caliber never existed in the Soviet Union...) nose cannon and two movable machine guns. I think they meant the DI-8 (ANT-46), but described it under the wrong name and placed not very correct picture of it. Once I described the actual DI-8 here: http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7951.msg70342.html#msg70342.

The "MI-4"... a beautiful aircraft, but seems to be pure fiction :( . According the article it was not even a project, but a real prototype flown in 1932 - the naval fighter with M-17 engine and interchangeable landing gear (wheels or floats). But I don't know any real Soviet fighter with similar appearance ??? .

It seems that the Czech author thought that "MI" index means Morskoi Istrebitel (maritime fighter) - the "MI-13" is also described as naval aircraft. But in reality, "MI" stood for Mnogomestnyi Istrebitel (multiplace fighter}; so the aircraft like this "MI-4", if it would exist, could not carry such a name. There was actually a specification for an aircraft named MI-4: it was issued for TsAGI (i.e. Tupolev) as a replacement for their unsuccessful MI-3 (ANT-21). It was scheduled into the prototype aircraft construction plan for the years 1934/35, together with its bomber version called BB (Blizhniy Bombardirovschik - Short range bomber). The real MI-4 would be a twin-engine monoplane with two Wright Cyclone or Hispano-Suiza 12Y engines. The bomber version of it turned at least into the SB (ANT-40), while MI-4 itself was cancelled (or we can say it incarnated into the DI-8?)

Great post as always, redstar72! Thanks a lot for providing such detailed and factual explanation and debunking the myths...

The most funny thing is that if MI-4 (the real one) would be built, it could look much like "MI-13" from this article... ;)

Hi,

in Les Ailes journal,a strange Model to unknown fighter,may be just a suggesting
aircraft,for the designer Leon Tikonovitch,but I think the right spelling is Leonid
Tikhonovich,with a triangular two wings,set inverted to each other,did anyone
hear about it before ?;

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k65557564/f15.image

Attachments

• Tikhonovich fighter.JPG
    Tikhonovich fighter.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,253
From the Member McGreig,

and from the whatifmodelers site,I want to ask,are all of those Petlyakov Pe.2 a real projects ?.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php?topic=33705.0

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,118
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,087
Yes, real.
1) Pe-2 I-RD http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3019.msg24293.html#msg24293
2) "Paravan" balloon cable cutter, with an open structure of the beam front nose support cable cutting (this prototype was actually built)
3) Various testbeds
4) DIS-2 (VK-107) http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1975.msg17122.

Excellent my dear Borovik,many thanks,

and sorry for this double post of those two aircraft.

Hi,

the first time in my lift to know this project,the Petlyakov Pe.6,can anyone translate it.

Attachments

• Petlyakov Pe.6.png
    Petlyakov Pe.6.png
    407.6 KB · Views: 392
hesham said:
the first time in my lift to know this project,the Petlyakov Pe.6,can anyone translate it.

That page was from the book; Эксмо - Пикирующий бомбардировщик Пе-2
can anyone tell us what was Pe.6 ?.

hesham said:
hesham said:

That page was from the book; Эксмо - Пикирующий бомбардировщик Пе-2
can anyone tell us what was Pe.6 ?.
Plane Pe- 6 motors M - 107A (formerly - Pe -2D ) was a direct result of the idea Pe -2F . It is built using the second copy of the aircraft modification "F ", having serial number 5/134 . This option involves increasing gross weight up to 9900 kg , the implementation of all changes to the aerodynamics of the type of Pe- 2B , including the transfer of oil cooler and suction pipes in the wing to improve the shape of the engine nacelles . Expected to gain maximum flight speed of the order of 590 km / h and a range of 1,500 km at a normal bomb load of 1000 kg. Defensive armament was designed by type Pe- 2V, including increased pilot lamp with navigational turret " FZ " .

In the autumn of 1943. Myasishcheva enticed more radical idea radical recycling concept bomber . New look based on the success of the British high-speed aircraft, " Mosquito " deprived of defensive weapons . Gradually work on Pe- 6 stopped , but "Soviet Mosquito " was created accelerated pace . Myasischev donated "six" in favor of " pie in the sky " - the future of Pe-2I . Car number 5/134 was later used in the factory number 26 for debugging option " pawns " with motors VK -108 .

Hi,

here is the Yermoleav Yer.2 origins and variants,from Typy Broni.

Attachments

• Yer.png
    Yer.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 548
Hi,

a strange flying disc or disc helicopter,as they called it,who heard about it before ?.

http://artofwar.ru/i/iwan_d/text_0750.shtml

Attachments

• scan10001.jpg
    scan10001.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 351
hesham said:
a strange flying disc or disc helicopter,as they called it,who heard about it before ?.

From early post.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 273
Hi,

here is the BOK-11 and BOK-13,the BOK-11 was high altitude experimental recce aircraft,and
the BOK-13 was a transport aircraft project.

http://young.rzd.ru/blog/public/ru?STRUCTURE_ID=704&layer_id=3833&id=94793&page3833_3489=2

Attachments

• BOK-11.jpg
    BOK-11.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 892
  • BOK-13.jpg
    BOK-13.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 944
Hi,

a small info about BOK-10,11,12,13 & 15.

Attachments

• BOK.png
    BOK.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 765
That BOK-13 is quite impressive, but I don't buy the transport designation. Were that massive engine, long wings and clearly pressurized cockpit and cabin all for carrying six passengers? Seems ludicrous for a transport, but as a long range, high altitutude reconnaissance aircraft project disguised as a transport, it makes a lot of sense.

cluttonfred said:
That BOK-13 is quite impressive, but I don't buy the transport designation. Were that massive engine, long wings and clearly pressurized cockpit and cabin all for carrying six passengers? Seems ludicrous for a transport, but as a long range, high altitutude reconnaissance aircraft project disguised as a transport, it makes a lot of sense.

My dear Cluttonfred,

frankly,I don't know,may a Russian members can ID it well.

cluttonfred said:

Indeed. Has a Heinkel He 119 feel to it.

Slight possibility that the idea was to get extreme range from high-altitude flight?

Hi,

from the book; Soviet Combat Aircraft of the World War Vol.2,here is a drawings
to a strange Petlyakov designation "Pe.33",I want to know if it was right designation
or a misprint ?.

Attachments

• Pe.33.png
    Pe.33.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 767
hesham said:
Hi,

here is the BOK-11 and BOK-13,the BOK-11 was high altitude experimental recce aircraft,and
the BOK-13 was a transport aircraft project.

http://young.rzd.ru/blog/public/ru?STRUCTURE_ID=704&layer_id=3833&id=94793&page3833_3489=2

First time I saw this designs and the bok-13 is very interesting because it's very advanced: massive engine, long wings and clearly pressurized cockpit and cabin but "fixed undercarriage"? It's a bit strange. Sadly we don't have more drawings.

Back
Top Bottom