Various Pre-WWII Soviet Projects & Prototypes

Hi Skyblazer,

I scan to you a page from the book;The Osprey Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft 1875-1995
to know they are a different two aircraft.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 480
Too small to read, but at least it shows the separate entries. See? No "Stal-" number for Aviaturist!

Skyblazer said:
Too small to read, but at least it shows the separate entries. See? No "Stal-" number for Aviaturist!

Hi Skyblazer,

I repeat sending the main part to can read.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    578.6 KB · Views: 596
I have reworked my small text, and now the info pertaining to the Stal-5 and mixed up with the Aviatourist has been removed.

Developed from 1931 onwards, the OOS Aviatourist was a light tandem two-seater monoplane of mainly bakelite plywood construction with tricycle landing gear, a first in the Soviet Union. A smaller derivative of the Stal-11 single-engine high-speed light transport, it had a 10.18 square-meter wing span, and was powered by two 130hp inline inverted Gypsy engine. Intended for long-range racing, the plane was built in the educational workshops at Zukhovsky and received high praise from the Soviet Air Force Institute in March 1936. However, despite a visit to Stag Lane in England, the desired engines were not received, and after two years of waiting the whole project was dropped.

Putilov continued to design aircraft until 1951. In 1944 he presented TsAGI with the project of a delta wing aircraft to achieve supersonic speeds.

Main sources:

that's nice Skyblazer,

and I hope to know or get a drawing and Info to the Delta Wing Project of 1944 ?.

Cheranovskij originally started work on a tailless jet fighter project in 1944 which lead to the BICh-24, extensive wind tunnel testing was done on several models however development never progressed any further. Research continued & lead to a variable-sweep wing design with an outboard wing pivot in 1948 called the BICh-25, very little other information is know about this aircraft tho. Around the same time Cheranovskij designed the BICh-26 which externally looked very similar to the BICh-24, a tailless delta wing design with a single fin & engine. Several more years where spent refining the design & demonstration models where built, but by then less complex & more readably available design from Mikoyan & Sukhoi where being built & then with the death of Cheranovskij the whole project was cancelled.

Cheranovskij BICh-26:
Crew: 1
Length: 9 m (29 ft 7 in)
Wingspan: 7 m (23 ft in)
Wing area: 27 m² (291 ft²)
Gross weight: 4.500 kg (9,920 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × Mikulin AM-5 turbojet, 44.15 kN (9,920 lbf) thrust
Maximum speed: Mach 1.7
Service ceiling: 22,000 m (72,000 ft)

Attachments

• bich26.gif
    bich26.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 286
This images & data is from the book "Secret Projects: Flying Wings And Tailless Aircraft". (I m took this "Informatsya" to the web)..sorry for the mess...

Thanks. We already have a topic on the BiCh-26 here:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4731.0

Maybe you didn't find it because of your spelling of Cheranовский. Most Westerners do not transcribe the final diphtong correctly. Depending on the country it can be found as Cheranovskiy, Cheranovskii, Cheranovskij, Tcheranovsky or plain Cheranovsky — the latter being the most commonly found in English. I know I'm guilty of not always spelling these endings the same way, and this can be a source of confusion on this forum.

Hi,

the Nikitin company designed and built from NV-1 up to NV-6,but the NV-3 is missing,why ?.

Hi,

Mr. N.E. Shvaryev designed an aircraft with open cabin and three passengers in 1922
and built in 1923,powered by one 220 hp Benz Bz III 6-cylinder inline engine,also has
anyone a picture for it ?.

Hi,

the aviator and designer Victor Osipovich Pissarenko,created a single-seat low-wing cantilever
monoplane,VOP-1 was sporting and club aircraft,flown in 1912,powered by one 35 hp Anzani
engine.

http://www.airwar.ru/enc/law1/vop1.html

Attachments

• VOP-1.jpg
    VOP-1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 687
Hi,

also,in 1924,V.A. Likoshin and N.G. Mikhelson designed the LM,it was a ultra-
light monoplane powered by one 7.5 hp Indian motorcycle,has anyone a drawing
or picture to it ?.

hesham said:
the aviator and designer Victor Osipovich Pissarenko,created a single-seat low-wing cantilever
monoplane,VOP-1 was sporting and club aircraft,flown in 1912,powered by one 35 hp Anzani
engine.

Also this designer created the Pissarenko Type-T,a single seat parasol wing monoplane
trainer,built and flown in 1925,powered by one 150 hp Hispano-Suiza engine.

The strange thing they studied a version of it as a fighter-bomber project,does anyone
hear about this before ?.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%A2

Attachments

• ?????????-?.JPG
    ?????????-?.JPG
    7.6 KB · Views: 526
My dear Redstar72,

this Info was from the book; The Osprey Encyclopedia of Russian Aircraft,and they translate
it as fighter-bomber.

Training aircraft Pisarenko was built at the school. In this school he studied the shooting and learned to bomb. This is a mistranslation, there was not a fighter bomber.

Hi,

Mr S.S. Ivanovich Kamenyev designed a ultra-light diploma project of 1925,powered
by one 18 hp Blackburn Tomtit engine,built and flown in 1926,also any picture ?.

Hi,

Mr. A.N. Sedyelnikov and V.L. Kovin designed and built the SK-1,it was a light aircraft