Various Pre-WWII Soviet Projects & Prototypes

hesham said:
a strange Petlyakov designation "Pe.33"

Strange indeed. Possibly the Russian "ZZ" misinterpreted? (the Russian sign for "Z" resembles a 3 almost exactly). Of course, it still doesn't account for the meaning of "ZZ" but at least it could explain the lack of 31 designators in between!!

Thank you my dear Alcides,

and for my dear Skyblazer,the article was only about Pe.2,maybe you right my dear
and they meant "ZZ".

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 443
Surely a misprint/mistake. Propably they meant Pe-3. Anything called "Pe-33" never existed, as well as the "Pe-ZZ".

P.S. Where have they seen such an ugly VI-100? So far from the real one, which was very elegant aircraft!

Attachments

• 0362-02-2-2.jpg
    0362-02-2-2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 151
redstar72 said:
Surely a misprint/mistake. Propably they meant Pe-3. Anything called "Pe-33" never existed, as well as the "Pe-ZZ".

Thanks Alexander.

Thank you my dear Redstar72,

and also if Midland publishing and Mr. Yefim Gordon can explain to us what is this ?.

Hi,

the BOK-11 was a pressurized cabin recce aircraft,the BOK-12 was a twin engined version
of BOK-7 as experimental aircraft project,the BOK-15 was high-altitude stratospheric aircraft
project,and a poor quality of drawings to 11 & 15.

http://www.litmir.info/br/?b=175559&p=11

Attachments

• BOK-11.png
    BOK-11.png
    397.6 KB · Views: 946
  • BOK-15.png
    BOK-15.png
    229.6 KB · Views: 891
Hi,

here is a picture to Yermoleav bureau.

Le FANA 431

Attachments

• Yermoleav.png
    Yermoleav.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 730
Comrade Yermolaev likes Aero Digest magazine ;D
(sorry for off-topic)

Attachments

• Yermoleav and AeroDigest.jpg
    Yermoleav and AeroDigest.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 643
Hi,

I can't translate well,those two high altitude or stratosphere projects,the first was developed
by BOK bureau with V.A. Chizhevsky and the second was the same designer only ?.

Kryl'ya Rodine 12/2014

Attachments

• A-2.png
    A-2.png
    81 KB · Views: 87
  • A-1.png
    A-1.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 2-2.png
    2-2.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 2-1.png
    2-1.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 1-3.png
    1-3.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 1-2.png
    1-2.png
    155.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 1-1.png
    1-1.png
    197.4 KB · Views: 539
And;

Attachments

• C-2.png
    C-2.png
    106.8 KB · Views: 85
  • C-1.png
    C-1.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 95
  • B-2.png
    B-2.png
    279.5 KB · Views: 99
  • B-1.png
    B-1.png
    204.1 KB · Views: 104
Dear hesham!

Thanks for sharing! This article definitely deserve translation - the Chizevskiy proposals to incorporate pressurized cockpits into existing military aircraft have been described.
One of such proposals - such cockpit for LR light reconnaissance aircraft, prototype of which was designed by Kocherigin. There is no clear explanation for usefulness of such redesign, however.

Cheers!

hesham said:
in Les Ailes journal,a strange Model to unknown fighter,may be just a suggesting
aircraft,for the designer Leon Tikonovitch,but I think the right spelling is Leonid
Tikhonovich,with a triangular two wings,set inverted to each other,did anyone
hear about it before ?;

http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k65557564/f15.image

Maybe the same design ?.

http://aviaciaportal.ru/osobye-formy-krylev-i-shemy-samoletov/4/

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 141
Hi,

what was this Russian Project ?.

Attachments

• PB.png
    PB.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 216
hesham said:
what was this Russian Project ?

Caption says "a dive bomber to fight the British ships" but I don't understand the meaning of "prednaznatsalsya"...

http://alternathistory.org.ua/pb-4m-105tk-ant-57-pikiruyushchii-bombardirovshchik-s-chetyrmya-motorami-proekt-tupolev-sssr1939g

Skyblazer said:
Caption says "a dive bomber to fight the British ships" but I don't understand the meaning of "prednaznatsalsya"...

Thank you Skyblazer,and my mistake,it was Tupolev ANT-57.

Hi,

here is a Model for BOK-7,an info about BOK-10,a clearer drawings to BOK-11 and BOK-15
and a new drawing to BOK-12.

"Сталинский маршрут" Чкалова и Леваневского. Триумф и трагедия полярных перелетов 1937 года

Attachments

• BOK-12.png
    BOK-12.png
    268.8 KB · Views: 181
  • BOK-15  II.png
    BOK-15 II.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 147
  • BOK-15.png
    BOK-15.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 146
  • BOK-11.png
    BOK-11.png
    285.7 KB · Views: 126
  • BOK-10.png
    BOK-10.png
    261 KB · Views: 126
  • BOK-7.png
    BOK-7.png
    225 KB · Views: 136
pre war yes, but pre WWI. This was a Russian project I think, not a soviet.

Maveric said:
pre war yes, but pre WWI. This was a Russian project I think, not a soviet.

OK,we can open a new topic for Russian WW1 and pre-war prototypes and projects.

Yes, I think so. Or a new topic for Engels aircrafts and projects...

Maveric said:
Yes, I think so. Or a new topic for Engels aircrafts and projects...

Not only Engels,but all Russian prototypes and projects of this period.

Hi,

in the French magazine; Jets,they spoke about the Russian "TB" series,that it reached to TB-12,can anyone
confirm on this ?.

Hi,

so weird,in ab book about Ilyushin Il-4,and under the Il-4TK title,I found that the "BOK",created a design
called BOK-17,I don't know if it was a pressurized cabin version of DB-3b aircraft or just a pressurized
cabin only.

Attachments

• BOK-17.png
    BOK-17.png
    298 KB · Views: 596
  • BOK-17   II.png
    BOK-17 II.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 569
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 568
1) Read about it (via Google Translate) here: http://samlib.ru/p/polikarpowich_s_i/b29soviet3.shtml
2) Logically, it seems to me, would be to place your post here:
http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17598.msg167637.html#msg167637

Thank you my dear Borovik,

but I used the google translate before about this paragraph,but I didn't understand if it was
aircraft or just a pressurized cabin only (BOK-17),and for the Il-4TK topic,I remember it of course
but I spoke about BOK design.

Hi,

was that a BOK design,and did it a biplane ?.

Attachments

• BOK.png
    BOK.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 524
The Byuro Osobykh Konstructsky BOK-17 project was a 1940 presurised development of the DB-3F.

See the snippet from the book OKB Ilyushin A History of the Design Bureau and its Aircraft (Yefim Gordon / Sergei Komissarov / Dmitri Komissarov) Midland Publishing 2004

Attachments

• BOK-17_Article.PNG
    BOK-17_Article.PNG
    99.8 KB · Views: 429
Hi,

if there is a Project called BOK-17,that means there was anther Project called BOK-16,
does anyone hear about it ?.

Hi,

the Stal Aviatourist was twin engined two seat long-range racer aircraft,looks like
or based on De Havilland DH-88 Comet,never completed,has anyone a drawing or
a picture for it ?.

hesham said:
the Stal Aviatourist was twin engined two seat long-range racer aircraft,looks like
a picture for it ?.

OK,I correct it,

but I think I saw a picture or drawing for it on Internet from long time ago,now I can't find it.

hesham said:
hesham said:
a picture for it ?.

OK,I correct it,

but I think I saw a picture or drawing for it on Internet from long time ago,now I can't find it.

The only aircraft of that description that that I can remember off hand is the Grigorevich DG-55.

Skyblazer said:
Yes, the Stal-5 or Aviaturist was designed by engineer A. I. Putilov (sometimes also found as "Putil").

Great investigation Skyblazer,many thanks,

but the Stal-5 and Aviatourist was not the same aircraft,the Aviatourist looks like De Havilland
DH-88 Comet.

hesham said:
but the Stal-5 and Aviatourist was not the same aircraft,the Aviatourist looks like De Havilland DH-88 Comet.

I had a feeling something was confusing over this "Stal-5" designation (as I said, one was supposed to have a tricycle gear, not the other). It's because you are the one who said the Aviaturist was a Stal!! And since the only Stal aircraft I found by Putilov were the Stal-5 and Stal-11, and the translation of the articles was not always crystal clear, I mixed the two I guess... Perhaps someone with much greater knowledge on those obscure pre-war Soviet types could shed some light on the whole matter?

At least we've established that the Aviaturist was by Putilov, which should now make it easier to document.

Back
Top Bottom